MOTUC General News

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTUC General News

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss, mate.

The world is a crappy place, all right. My finacee and I are looking for our own place, and the system in Britain seems set up to punish renters. Prices are insane (especially in our area), they add on all kinds of fees and services, and they make the RENTER pay the property taxes, not the landlord.

Yeesh.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:21 am

Sorry for your loss, DR. I've never had a strong bond with a pet, but I know for many they are a beloved part of the family.

As for myself, I look to the future of MOTUC with optimism. I wish Super7 all the best. Hopefully December will bring some exiting reveals. Beyond a few random "that guy who was in that episode" figures and maybe the "Masks" demons, there honestly isn't much more that are "must-haves" for me. Of course I would love to see Stridor get released (someone teased it might be a Power-Con exclusive... I'm not sure if that was BS, but God I hope not!), the Roton, and Snake Mountain.

This election season was rough on everyone. I don't share the same doom & gloom pessimism that others seem to have, but I am also not happy either.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Bigbot84 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:17 pm

My condolences, DR. My wife lost her cat several years ago that had been with her for almost ten years, and she still can't really watch BttF since he passed on the day Marty goes back to 1955.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby dayraven » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Thanks for the well wishes guys. He was my ally at home all day when the family is off at work and school, and MSN, he is MISSED come mid-afternoon. We had a great routine where I would go back to our room about an hour before the boys got home and he was passed out on our bed, so is snuggle up and hug him and we'd just lay there enjoying each other's company and silence before the chaos came home. I miss those soft ears and his big wide chest. If I haven't mentioned, he was a white, spotted American Bulldog, and ran close to 130 lbs. And he was my baby. My wife is already looking at a few local rescues' Facebook pages at dogs, but we're both wanting to wait a bit. I certainly am not ready to move on yet.

Beedo, man, that sucks! Why the hell is the tax burden placed on the renter, rather than landlord? You don't own the property! Good luck on the real estate hunt man, you're going to need it.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:42 am

Thank 'e, mate. I have no idea why that's the case. I have the feeling that if they were made to pay it, they'd raise the rents to compensate.

Ah, well. The search continues.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:20 pm

not that i think they have made any adjustments on the ultimates figures, but, with the t-cats figures getting the ankle rocker pivot, and the articulated icons figs from the fwoosh getting the ball and hinge wrists, i want upgraded articulation for motuc more than ever. the articulated icons figures, you can reposition the hinge for either up/down movement, or left/right, so you can get all those cool sword-wielding poses you want in a sword wielding action figure, and it's beyond frustrating that he-man, the sword wielding barbarian hero, still gets treated like it's 2002. articulate my motuc you sons of bastards!!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:46 am

Hear, hear!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:59 am

Well, that's it. I got my Roton order placed. As soon as they (and my November and December sub shipments) arrive safe and sound and satisfactory, I won't have to deal with MattyCollector every again. Huzzah!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:18 am

Cheers! I ordered myself Roton, Panthro, and snagged Anti-Eternia He-Man. Second order, got a Filmation Beastman (for a buddy), Standar, and a couple flight stands. Barring them posting any "must-haves" I doubt I'll make another order.

Hope you gents have a merry Christmas! I've got a pile of MOTUC figures to open, pretty much everything since June. Looking forward to it!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:48 am

Nice haul, there, mate!

Yes, Merry Christmas to all and sundry on these boards. All four of us. };D
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com