MOTU Classics v2

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTU Classics

Postby Zodac101 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Love the figure....but I don't get why there is no mention of the NA mythos? Guess Mattel decided it doesn't exsist...
Zodac101
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:22 pm

Well, it's mostly just a straight copy of the old cardback (or something to that effect)... this is from the Optikk wiki...

Optikk is an action figure from the Mattel He-Man toy line and a character from the 1990 animated series The New Adventures of He-Man.

Evil Mutant Spy from the foggy polar region of evil planet Denebria. The Denebrian fog is so dense here that he has a spyball eyeball that sees through almost anything. His rotating spyball and his Photon Neutralizer weapon make him one of the meanest mutants in the Tri-Solar System.

Mission: To assist Skeletor and the rest of the Evil Mutants by keeping his eye on He-Man and the Galactic Guardians from planet Primus.

Battle Equipment: Photon Neutralizer weapon.

It's almost word for word except for the part where Skeletor took out the poser.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 pm

I guess this thread didn't go to waste, after all:
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/sho ... p?t=179832
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
dayraven wrote:I've been paying attenion enough to notice that superboy got fixed... matty fans are the only ones getting their bread buttered indeed... cuz we have die cast parts on our figs!

If you want Iron's die cast hands you can have them. There's no point to them being die-cast and you can hardly tell. And remember - Mattel was quite clear they caught Superboy on their own. :razz:

dayraven wrote:i don't know man... i suspect moss man to put in zodac like numbers

Is that based on you not liking him as much yourself? I mean, I could agree with you to an extent, but we've had two months of things not lasting thirty minutes - the horror is back, no more going to lunch and coming back two hours later - and I know you don't think there will be more Moss Man than TJ or Adora, so do you really, really believe that he is so lukewarm that he could last 48 times as long as Adora? That's a huge increase in sale time. And this Moss Man, he's not Rotar or Rokkon, he's a fairly beloved old character. I just don't see him selling that drastically worse than the first two with the same prod numbers.

dayraven wrote:and yes, stratos is going to be a peg warmer... honestly, i'm a little surprised he got re-released... i kind of figure they'll pass on zodac cuz he didn't do that well in the first run... and as i recall, stratos lasted over a day. oh well.

Me too. Mer-Man & Hordak are candidates and after them... they should go back to He-Man & Skeletor.

dayraven wrote:yes, i guess i had failed to notice how bad they're humping the pooch on GB. the 12" co-release was dumb from the get go... let one scale get popular FIRST. i think it's funny that GB got dual scaled right off the bat, but it took a year before battle cat got added to motuc... motu was the toy line that established the modern paradigm, not ghostbusters, in any incarnation. oh well. and thanks for the dcuc update, i must be crossing my waves.... what w/ them all looking the same to me. [grin] wave 12 is darkseid? then 12 is trigon? is that right?

I think you'd like the DCUC12 Darkseid. It's well documented that I wasn't going to and I have to eat total crow when I do his review.

dude, my estoimation on the moss man thing falls basically on one set of data (not my personal feelings on the character. i love marzo, but i don't harbor any illusions he'll fly off the shelf ala adora) i'm looking at how many fans were complaining over the flocking. yes, there were lots of complaints, all over the place... but again and again i kept seeing the same names. i really would be surprised if there were more than 150 people complaining about the flocking. from that, i discern one of two things... either A) the character just isn't that pivotal for most fans or B) folks generally don't care about the flocking. now, looking at the overall clamor for moss man, i notice that there simply isn't that much talk going on... adora draw more discussion over the granny panties. there's a term for this in the wrestling world, it's called heat. moss man isn't drawing much heat, nor is getting much of a pop (heat being negative attention, pop being positive attention.) so keeping the wrestlign analogy, he's what we'd call a mid-carder or a curtain jerker. a workrate guy who can called on to job for up and comers... but this isn't a jobber to the stars, he's a tried and true curtain jerker. a jabroni. a guy who's interest is primarily in allowing thirsty fans a moment to run to the concession stand or go buy some merch before a REAL match gets underway.

adora had great heat going into her sale date... but she's not a "real" character, she's a girl, she's got granny panties... but heat is as good as a pop, cuz people are talking. a heel w/ great heat will outdraw a face w/ great pop more times than not... everyone LOVES to boo a heal. her appeal was instantaneous. moss man... like a true curtain jerker, no kid wants that guy on his t-shirt.

i probably would love darkseid... i actually have considered trying to ebay him... but i haven't yet, there's too much stuff i want more than him... i have the dcsh one. i'd like trigon too, but i refuse to bend over for DCUC... unlike someone's assumptions of us, i'm not an addict. :happy:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 pm

of note though, i don't think they can go back to he-man and skellie in the rotation... not if they're putting them on retail shelves soon! i think webstor and tri-klops will go up before he-man and skellie do another pass.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lemonjuice McGee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:32 am

Toyguru confirms that Orko will be shown at SDCC...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4561004165/m/1571081206
Lemonjuice McGee
Chief
Chief

Postby JediCreeper » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 pm

well.. I'm hoping there won't be a big deal over Moss Man, I know he has a little heat (to stick with wrestling analogy) over the look of the flocking and the now "rare" extra ear flocking version that NO ONE wanted, that I am sure now EVERYONE wants... *sigh* and I really didn't think anyone really wanted adora, yet she was gone in a half hour.

eh, if there is a clusterflock for moss man and I miss out, I won't cry. I'm assuming everything will be reissued at some point anyway.

really, all mattel needs is more faith in the product and increase production.
Listen to my weekly podcast!- www.blogtalkradio.com/averageintelligence
JediCreeper
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Ebonhorn » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:50 pm

I don't know what to think of the releases anymore. I mean I certainly didn't think adora would do what she did.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:40 am

Random MOTU thoughts today -

- I figured out what I don't like about She-Ra. It's her skirt being flat across the bottom. It should have been angled like all the other girls. Something about the thicker thighs / flat hemline just makes her seem too bulky.

- The 200x swords are back in a la Toy Guru on Matty. Ha.

- I don't think any of the figures between now and She-Ra are going to last all that long regardless of the situation. I expect Evil Lyn to go the quickest, followed by Moss Man, and Optikk. I also don't expect She-Ra to last all that long either - no matter what they do, Mattel has proven they won't make enough.

- I do think the 2pks will factor into the reissues schedule, so you're probably right about that. Mer-Man should come up soon, but I expected him in March, so we'll see. Faker's also back on the boxes for Optikk, so I'm curious to see what they'll do with him since He-Ro is said to be off the table.

-It's funny that they stole Optikk's bio from the old package. So many fans loathe NA yet they love a basically copied NA bio as one of the best ones. Hilarious.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:01 am

This isn't my best Pshop work. It's hard to work that small since you can't shrink it to cover up flaws... :lol:

I don't think it looks better, but I do think the full skirt is adding unnecessary bulk. And I'm sure that had the 4H done it like that there would be endless whining about how the skirt should be flat because Mattel can't win. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com