MOTU Classics v3

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: MOTU Classics v3

Postby Ebonhorn » Sun May 02, 2010 11:44 am

The original looks like faker got a new job as a flight lander.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sun May 02, 2010 1:06 pm

I just always loved that color scheme, and I never had problems with his action feature.

Also, in my mind figures like Sy-K were responsible for busting MotU even wider open in terms of the "anything goes" aspect.

I love stuff like the Rock Men, the Horde, the Snake Men, all of that later stuff that wasn't necessarily a straight "this guy's body with an opposite color with this guy's armor with an opposite color". [smile]
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Sun May 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:I just always loved that color scheme, and I never had problems with his action feature.

Also, in my mind figures like Sy-K were responsible for busting MotU even wider open in terms of the "anything goes" aspect.

I love stuff like the Rock Men, the Horde, the Snake Men, all of that later stuff that wasn't necessarily a straight "this guy's body with an opposite color with this guy's armor with an opposite color". [smile]

totally with you there, again, w/ the sole excpetion of syk... don't ask me why. he SHOULD be one of my faves, cuz as you say, he certainly wasn't an "inside the box" option... don't know what else to say. but yeah, stonedar and rockon... ROCK ON!! those are two more guys that i factor in for my "needs 100% unique tools" list, cuz they were not the same! each rock has it's own texture and honestly, i played them differently because of that texture... rockon w/ the more crystaline looking exterior could refract laser weapons and camoflage himself by bending light... stonedar was faster when flying and a more down to earth, rugged type fighter. no fancy tricks, just a rocky right hook or a meteor speed blast to the solar plexus. those will be fun additions to the motucverse. i usually played my rock lords as their subordinates, w/ stonedar over the "good guys" and rockon over the "bad guys" (so none were actually bad, rockon's crew just had more attitude.)
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sun May 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Well, maybe the MOTUC version can win you over. [smile]
Now looking at him again, those ringed bands could almost pass for the Matt Mason-esque joints of OSM.
Maybe some cross-pollination potential there . . . :happy:

I only had Stonedar, never Rokkon, though as it seemed to be, some kid you knew had all different stuff, so as a kid it seemed like I got to collectively play with the whole line anyway.

I wonder if kids today have any kind of "shared" experience like that, beyond maybe swapping video games . . . :oh:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Ebonhorn » Sun May 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:I wonder if kids today have any kind of "shared" experience like that, beyond maybe swapping video games . . . :oh:

possibly swapping pokemon, gormitti and the like
Ebonhorn

Postby dayraven » Sun May 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Ebonhorn wrote:
Lay Ze-Man wrote:I wonder if kids today have any kind of "shared" experience like that, beyond maybe swapping video games . . . :oh:

possibly swapping pokemon, gormitti and the like

my oldest got caught thrice this past year in a bakugan exchange program going on in his class... the kids were trading them like jailhouse cigarettes.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Sun May 02, 2010 2:06 pm

LOL....kids are great.
Ebonhorn

Postby dayraven » Sun May 02, 2010 2:07 pm

spotted this on comicfigs.net's matty Q&A and thought this was funny:
Clarification please on Marzo: if his hair was straight, it would not have been an issue with management? Not trying to be nitpicky, just trying to see where the line is drawn. In other figure lines, flowing hair would be a sign of motion or action, like the DCSH Supergirl in blue outfit. She would not be considered "anime", correct?

Yes, we thought straighter, less anime wind blown hair on Marzo would help move him away from the 2002 look, which is now retired. It was too late to resculpt Marzo to make our July release deadline so we went ahead with him as is, but we're working on reducing the amount of anime influence in future figures.

so, hair only blows in anime to the matty crew? that officially makes them the dumbest people in the history of ever. seriously, the folks who stayed in new orleans when katrina hit were smarter than the mattel executives. the russians who moved back to chernobyl had more going on upstairs. the indian kids who got their abdomens exploded after stuffing compressed air hoses up their rectums... better equipped to deal w/ reality than the mattel execs.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Sun May 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Ebonhorn wrote:LOL....kids are great.

kids are dirt faced little gremlins, don't believe the hype!!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Sun May 02, 2010 2:13 pm

yes hair blowing is anime....My hair never blows in the wind.

on another note, just found out if you already started typing a reply you can click quote on a post below and it just deposits in your reply. that is awesome

dayraven wrote:kids are dirt faced little gremlins, don't believe the hype!!

Oh I know it. They are out to kill me. I saw a toddler make the gun gesture at me and pretend to fire and then make the bang sound. Seriously it's in their DNA.
Ebonhorn

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com