Leech Discussion Thread

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Leech Discussion Thread

Postby He-Mullet » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Better not mention Kobra Khan then...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:37 am

He-Mullet wrote:Better not mention Kobra Khan then...

i think we're good there, she's not that familiar w/ the vintage fig. :lol:

last summer, when the boys puled out the kobra khans and used them for a squirt fight, i told her about it and she said "they pulled out what?" so i think we're cool.

speaking of, i hope that stick fairly close to the vintage fig in sculpt w/ double K (stick to the vintage, what are the odds, eh? :roll: ) but i do hope they go w/ the more dynamic paint coloring of the millenium. they won't, but that's what i'm hoping for.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Read some folks complaining about Leech not having a second head. I don't think I mind all that much.

I do mind the lack of 2nd heads overall though. I enjoyed my doubles in early 2010 - kept both Adoras, Trap Jaws, Mossys, Lyns, Whiplash, Robotos, & Grizzlors. Could've kept both She-Ras & Optikks, but some buds needed those. That's 9 out of 12 for me.

In 2011, I've only need my double BA Skelly & Sy-Klone so far and I'm not anticipating keeping a double of anything on the slate. Bow's the only double head in the first three quarters (but nothing's changed with the line, right?) though Man-E-Faces might have a 2nd head, though that wouldn't necessitate needing two figures.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:23 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:Read some folks complaining about Leech not having a second head. I don't think I mind all that much.

I do mind the lack of 2nd heads overall though. I enjoyed my doubles in early 2010 - kept both Adoras, Trap Jaws, Mossys, Lyns, Whiplash, Robotos, & Grizzlors. Could've kept both She-Ras & Optikks, but some buds needed those. That's 9 out of 12 for me.

In 2011, I've only need my double BA Skelly & Sy-Klone so far and I'm not anticipating keeping a double of anything on the slate. Bow's the only double head in the first three quarters (but nothing's changed with the line, right?) though Man-E-Faces might have a 2nd head, though that wouldn't necessitate needing two figures.

i really don't get the appeal of a second head for leech either. are people really asking for the action feature head?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:32 am

I wanted a head that didn't look like something out of a Mario game.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby He-Mullet » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:37 am

dayraven wrote:
NoisyDvL5 wrote:Read some folks complaining about Leech not having a second head. I don't think I mind all that much.

i really don't get the appeal of a second head for leech either. are people really asking for the action feature head?

Actually I DO get the complaints/request for the crappy head for all the wrong reasons.
Lt.Spector did talk a lot about how he would give us vintage toy head that sucks AND the decent Leech head. Leech was the poster boy of 2 heads and "compelling enough reasons to do so" that Night Lik spoke about. Surprise, Leech came up short on the head department.

-Mattel is reducing the extra heads even from those guys who had "compelling enough reasons to do get extra heads"
-The slavish reproduction of Vintage is thrown out the window here... Then why are we getting that starfruit dial on HH? Make up your fricking mind Lt.Spector!
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:28 am

Lay Ze-Man wrote:I wanted a head that didn't look like something out of a Mario game.

are you implying a koopa resemblance? cuz i guess i get it, but i don't. aside from the neck frill, i think the face is pretty damned close to the staction head which every one seems to revere. does it look like other things too? kind of, but no moreso than the staction head looked like a koopa either. leech in neither staction nor vintage looked like a real leech, so calling for a more serious head now seems kind of silly. it would be like pointing out that grizzlor doesn't look like a bear. cuz let's be real, in the motuc to video game resemblance department, grizzie is closer to donkey kong than leech is to koopa.

@He-Mullet

however, he also said no action features, and that head is only really good for executing the action feature.

keep in mind here, i am in no way defending the rhetoric, nor the actions of mattel, just asking if the general fan populace really wants to have this battle. you want to argue 2nd heads for sy-klone, i totally get that. you wanted one with buzz-off, i'm for it. leech... pretty much one head will do. especially in light of the new big body buck he sports, which i'm sure will be the defense they use for why he can't have a second head. and in this case AND THIS CASE ALONE i'm certainly fine w/ that. i just don't see this character as being one of those with "compelling reasons to get a second head."
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:04 pm

I am absolutely GLAD! that the crappy (IMO) vintage Toy head did not happen! Gives me hope for Kobra Khan... I want his head to look snakelike, not whatever the hell the vintage head was...

I'm just calling out the teachings of the "MotU Messiah" when they get proven wrong. The "Messiah" loved to use Leech as a poster boy for the two heads... His words not mine. Now he's got his tail tucked between his legs trying to figure out a way to blame us, or the Logistics, development slots, or whatever.
The problem I see with Leech not getting his "Straight to the unused parts drawer" head is the lack of a second head. Does this mean that Stinkor, the other Poster boy of the second heads will be Piranha Merman head painted black and nothing else? What about the NA People... Most of them had removable helmets and have enough compelling reasons for a second head...
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:05 pm

He-Mullet wrote:I am absolutely GLAD! that the crappy (IMO) vintage Toy head did not happen! Gives me hope for Kobra Khan... I want his head to look snakelike, not whatever the hell the vintage head was...

I'm just calling out the teachings of the "MotU Messiah" when they get proven wrong. The "Messiah" loved to use Leech as a poster boy for the two heads... His words not mine. Now he's got his tail tucked between his legs trying to figure out a way to blame us, or the Logistics, development slots, or whatever.
The problem I see with Leech not getting his "Straight to the unused parts drawer" head is the lack of a second head. Does this mean that Stinkor, the other Poster boy of the second heads will be Piranha Merman head painted black and nothing else? What about the NA People... Most of them had removable helmets and have enough compelling reasons for a second head...

oh, god yes, the NA figs will be denied second heads left and right, cuz most of them came w/ enough accessories to break the motuc "budget."
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:42 am

dayraven wrote:are you implying a koopa resemblance? cuz i guess i get it, but i don't. aside from the neck frill, i think the face is pretty damned close to the staction head which every one seems to revere. does it look like other things too? kind of, but no moreso than the staction head looked like a koopa either. leech in neither staction nor vintage looked like a real leech, so calling for a more serious head now seems kind of silly. it would be like pointing out that grizzlor doesn't look like a bear. cuz let's be real, in the motuc to video game resemblance department, grizzie is closer to donkey kong than leech is to koopa.

Wasn't thinking about any Mario character specifically, just that MOTUC Leech's head feels quite cheery and cartoony, just like the tone of the Mario games, and so that head would fit right in.

It doesn't need to look like a real leech, that's not what made the Staction one (which also doesn't overtly resemble a real leech) so awesome, but he does need to look at least SLIGHTLY threatening and monstrous. That's the whole point of the Horde! The biggest, baddest, freakiest and meanest of MotU!!

Thanks to trying to stay so vintage-true, The Horde, and really, most of the baddies in this line, are getting so neutered it isn't funny.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com