In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Postby DrRampageo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:26 pm

if they could just release a greyskull playset everything would be great!
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

there is absolutely a fantasy land, tunnel vision mentality going on at the org, i completely agree there... it's funny that when scott dismisses the org as 200 people who don't represent the entire fanbase, they get sll up in arms... but then you ask them a question like "what do you want in a castle grayskull" and you get 200 different answers. not saying they must function in lock xtep, but when they can;t agree on something relatively simple, how is mattel supposed to market to that? they act like they're the only motu fans (they're not), they make wild accusations without facts to back them up, they think every decision mattel makes should be put through them as the commitee and they can't all agree that starfruit stinks.

and in truth, as much as i see that val and emiliano are HUGE motu fans, they think about the subject far more deeply than anyone else on the org. they see motu as a work of art, and are as zealous about it as ozford scholars are the works of shakespeare... nobody else on the org has that level of knowledge or dedication, so they get spoiled when emiliano does soemthing as cool as the power and honor catalog. that's a brilliant move, and it sticks it to matty in a way i approve of... but none of the rest of the oergers are that thorough or well executed in their thought process. but w/ emiliano as the cheer leader, evey e-tard-ian over there thinks they're emiliano... they're not.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Theres nothing worse than fans who think they're entitled or owed [to] something.

I've been visiting He-Man.org since the early days when I first started exploring the world wide web --- I was amazed that anyone out there still even thought about He-Man --- I've been a registered member of the boards for about ten years now I think, but I've still got less than a hundred posts, cuz thats how often I frequent the place --- While not to knock the entire community, when it comes to this line it tends to be a hornets nest and I don't dare to touch it with my worst enemy's ten foot pole ---

I don't understand who died and put Emiliano up on a pedestal. He's made some great contributions to the fandom and his art is fantastic, but that doesn't mean he's the second coming.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:17 am

PrfktTear wrote:Theres nothing worse than fans who think they're entitled or owed [to] something.

I've been visiting He-Man.org since the early days when I first started exploring the world wide web --- I was amazed that anyone out there still even thought about He-Man --- I've been a registered member of the boards for about ten years now I think, but I've still got less than a hundred posts, cuz thats how often I frequent the place --- While not to knock the entire community, when it comes to this line it tends to be a hornets nest and I don't dare to touch it with my worst enemy's ten foot pole ---

I don't understand who died and put Emiliano up on a pedestal. He's made some great contributions to the fandom and his art is fantastic, but that doesn't mean he's the second coming.

i think the emiliano thing is a double edged sword... i have no doubt he's the most proactive motu fan ever. by an enormous margin.

he's the equivalent of someone who was so obsessed w/ the chicago bears that they developed their own farm club for hopeful recruits, had visited w/ every athlete still living who'd ever put on a bears jersey, and then worked w/ every coach who'd ever worked for them to compile a scrapbook of bears memorbilia that even the current owner of the club, w/ many times that fan's resources, couldn't match for the sheer dedication and determination of that fan in their fandom. he's just flatly unparalled in his fandom... but that said, how would the owner of the bears feel about that scrapbook? the guy's just skirting the edges of copyright law, and he's on the right side, but for them, it's not only a little embarassing, it's missing an opportunity they had to monetize such an endeavor themselves. the problem being, from the outsider's standpoint, that fan is easily 100 times as dedicated to the bears as the club owner is, and willing to do work for free that the club owner couldn't even imagine doing if you paid them literally billions of dollars.

now, from my standpoint, emiliano seems like a nice guy. but his fandom well exceeds fandom, it's borderline OCD w/ serious stalker tendencies. the org has become a board of cheerleaders egging him on, cuz they want to sniff those panties too, but lack the dedication to break into the house, or the foresight to plan an exit strategy. so he's kind of a one man army w/ a really annoying army of wannabees hanging on his every effort. i'm a firmly anti-corporate guy, so i cheer him on as well... silently. kudos to him for being so dedicated, and i intend, if i can make the budget work out, to make the donation for that power and honor catalog, cuz holy bizouak is that a cool idea. i support him essentially taking the property and distributing it in a way that is by fans and for fans and bypasses the corporate asshats who've done pretty much everything short of cornholing my childhood memories of that beloved property. i don't see what he's doing as essentially any different than what fansproject does for transformers fans or what backyard legends is doing for crystar fans... we bought into those ideas, and we've improved on them, why can't we take that love and work and make something out of it that the corporate big wigs refuse to? copyright priviledges extend to duplication or profit from the piece we were sold: we're entirely allowed to improve that product and sell it ourselves. otherwise, we'd all eat one handburger and one hotdog, etc... we the people are allowed to take a good idea and expand on it.

the last thing i will say on emiliano's behalf... he's an odd spot personally. on the one hand, he generally comes across pretty humble personally. others blow him up to godlike proportions, but he's not exactly courting that image. on the other hand, if you were that presumptuous with a woman, she's rightly have you in court for rape. i don't think he wants credit as the uber-fan, but he takes liberties that i simply wouldn't. again, i kind of think he's entitled, we all are, to do that, as we the fans who bought the product are the ones who lovingly create new ideas and characters and stories... action figures are by definition interactive.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:27 am

well said!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby DrRampageo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:45 pm

that made me laugh

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:10 pm

i photod a fix i'd been planning for a while on the teela tier of figs... this particular gal, BB teela, not only got the bracer fix (i swapped the arms at the arm band, and then the hands so that the bracers are actually correct on her forearms) but then i trimmed the gigantic gold bikini to make a little more leia and a little less granny bra. enjoy.

Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:05 am

Did you switch the arms at the elbows?
Love the change to the Metal Bra...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 am

nope, i popped the arms out of the hole just below the arm garters, and then popped out her hands and switched the parts up. the only indicator that all is not as it was is a single line of muscular definition on the bottom of the arms, extending from just below the elbow to the top of the bracer on the outer arm edge... literally, that's the only difference in the sculpt. all the joints are back together and tight as they ever were. i was a little worried about the wrists, because they kind of looked like they were cut on an angle, but it's a trick of the hand sculpt, the wrist socket is sculpted flat and so is the arm socket, so the swaps didn't create any stress points.

and thanks for the comment on the bra. it's a very soft plastic so the trimming was almost too easy w/ a x-acto. if you attempt yourself, just make sure you cut slowly. the back of the bra pops open pretty easily at a glued peg, and then just remove, trim, replace, and if desired, re-glue the bra tab and voila!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby DrRampageo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:32 pm

I didnt think BG Teela could be showing off any more of her self but you have proved me wrong!

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com