In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:27 pm

That came from nowhere! I wonder what he's moving on to?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Tekwych » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:31 pm

PrfktTear wrote:That came from nowhere! I wonder what he's moving on to?

Other people in the industry can tell you otherwise. He's been quietly shopping himself around for about 6 months.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:42 pm

the rat smells a tire fire i suspect... motuc's done, and i suspect, were mattel's financial straits still clear and ever upward, he'd have stayed on for whatever they intend to call the new line... but the company is losing money, losing market share, and has taken hits in every category in the last two years. even the princess of piled coin herself, barbie, is rapidly falling into disrepute. i hear mattel was working on a new one, heidelberg barbie, but when the TRU story broke, they canned her. [smile] next up is giving "hand jobs for smack" barbie along with "human trafficked" skipper, then that was going to lead into "taken" ken, but now, the future of the sub-line is in question since they lack operating capital.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Over on the MattyCollector forums, there's a discussion about the live-action movie. And I went ahead and posted the satirical discussion PrfktTear and I had about studio execs rewriting the MOTU mythos. };D
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Haha! Link!? ;-)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:11 pm

". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sun May 03, 2015 11:56 am

something just occurred to me... as my collection all live in the same world, and in theory have access to resources somewhat enabling their "outside of the dayravenverse" capacities... and largely inspired by the new marvel select hulkbuster armor... http://news.toyark.com/2015/05/01/marvel-select-hulkbuster-exclusive-announced-158842 how long would tony stark live with eternians before he invented anti-eternian armors... including a he-man buster, just in case? and might i add... i think i might have just found a new niche for customizing. [smile] not sharing this idea too openly yet, cuz there's a lot of conceptual work to be done yet, the eternians present a very different set of challenges than stark is generally used to facing. notice he's never made a strangebuster armor, cuz in theory, figuring out what to do if stephen strange goes apeshyt is just beyond his ken. so hordak and skeletor present unique challenges to a stark facing them. he-man he has a little better grasp on.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon May 04, 2015 2:22 am

Nice thinking, DR!

Interesting link: Disney exclusive? Funk dat.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon May 04, 2015 12:21 pm

so, in thinking about this some more, here are a few thoughts...

if he does something vaguely hulkbuster scale against he-man, armoring the lower torso, hips, and thighs would make sense, as he-man is much shorter than the hulk, but he's be hitting as hard or harder... maybe some kind of rear facing rockets in the torso to help resist backwards force? i also want to build into the forearms some kind of sword catcher or magnetic panel to try to lock the power sword into a position where it would leave he-man unable to defend himself well if he didn't release the sword. that design element could carry over to the skeletor buster armor as well, he needs a way to immobilize or even disincentivize, the use of the power swords. i'm also thinking in the waist or thigh segments some kind of strobing lights or tazer-type weapon.

for the horde buster unit, i'm thinking a drone-deploying type of armor that allows him to release autonomous fighting units that build on each other's combat capabilities. like maybe insectoid types that can combine laser arrays ala the deathstar gun, or perhaps they can create a perimeter type shield, or release an EMP burst that echoes between units to quickly disable large troop units. beyond the troopers, the horde members seem largely a melee crew, crossbows aside. leech's power requires he's literally latched onto you by the mouth, and grizzlors claws are certainly long distance weapons. so this armor needs perhaps more manueverability and ranged options than a hulkbuster style armor, maybe something more thorbuster style but with more spikes (or some kind of surface element that inhibits laying hands on the unit) i see a lot of missile and dart bays being in this unit's future.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Tue May 05, 2015 2:11 pm

I've always understood that He-man's strength is only as strong as it needs to be... so when he needs to move an actual orbiting moon or lift the entirety of castle Grayskull he can, but obviously if he is that strong couldn't he just punch anyone standing in his way and shatter their bones to dust?

Stark should be okay fighting He-Man in his regular Iron Man suit, while in the case of Hulk he does need the mass to make him bigger because Hulk has a size advantage on him many times over.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com