In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Postby Tochiro » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:43 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:He had a dedicated compartment in his torso, and a bit of detailing in his chest cavity, but not a lot. You can get a good look in this image:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dNpjc_7maI0/U8KjekbScjI/AAAAAAAAJ4A/dXs3bWgIP8s/s1600/IMG_7294.JPG

Well, wow. That's a lot more involved than I thought! I would say that level of alteration would require cutting new steel and not just modifying an existing mold.

Thank you! Kinda shows the further sadness of MOTUC Rio.
Tochiro
Ensign
Ensign

Postby dayraven » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:43 am

especially when you factor in the number of parts motuc rio still re-uses, him not getting the "correct" new parts becomes a bigger and bigger issue.

the other option, besides a two sets laser parts, would have been to make new diveted thighs, and a diveted armor overlay to accept the posts when the guns were popped off, and that should not have been that expensive, if they'd been planned in from the get go (as opposed to the understandable expense if something had to re-engineered halfway through production)

...or... you COULD have made the chaps and the chest flap with a cut out hole ala the torso armor on the FFM, and then you'd remove the bung and pop in the gun, preserving the aesthetic either way... again, LOTS of options on the table

still... the best thing out of that whole stupid exchange was giving some ideas to evilmike, who i think is exactly the chap to ask for fixing both the hands that some people didn't like, and the lack of shotgun which i certainly don't get... what's a cowboy without a street sweeper? [smile] especially when you go to the trouble of sculpting shells on the guy for weapons he doesn't have, something egregious has taken place!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:27 pm

My pleasure, Tochiro.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:39 am

i want the other loredans of rio's posse, in a perfect world... you have to figure, if rio blast is the wyatt in the group, how cool could a motuc doc holliday be? for real!!!! "you're a daisy if you do"

wyatt was a great guy, but in epic american frontier, wyatt was but one toad on a very large log... what if the last force for good on loredos while he's gone is bill hickok (who is not exactly a pillar of good virtue and righteousness?) and the motuc Cowboys, DAMN!!!! i want a motuc curly bill brocius, a motuc ike clanton and for the love of all that's holy, hook a brother up with a motuc johnny ringo!!!!! after all, mr ringo here is an educated man... now i really hate him.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:27 pm

See, I always thought he was an exile (reject) from the Bravestarr line. Which would be an excellent segue for making Bravestarr Classics. };D
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:36 pm

just so long as no one calls him maurice...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tekwych » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:See, I always thought he was an exile (reject) from the Bravestarr line. Which would be an excellent segue for making Bravestarr Classics. };D

No he's a wash out from the Galaxy Rangers.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Tochiro » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:58 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:See, I always thought he was an exile (reject) from the Bravestarr line. Which would be an excellent segue for making Bravestarr Classics. };D

To be honest, I don't think I want to see Bravestarr Classics from the current 'bullpen', 4H notwithstanding.

30-30 by all rights should be a fully transforming toy, even if it would have to be 'parts swap' instead of 'perfect transformation' (to use a Japanese toy term). Probably wouldn't happen due to legacy carryover of the 'no action features!!!' mandate.

I suppose a two-pack of 30-30 in humanoid and equine forms would be acceptable.
Tochiro
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:40 am

Well, Rokkon and Stonedar "transform," so it's not without precedent.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:41 pm

and in theory, while i know every one is asking "how can they do dragstor with a no action feature mandate" even more bizarr to me is the idea that they are doing rotar and twistoid... those things will SUCK translated into full action figures... and they'll probably be built on the ram man buck.

when i started this, my brain said this was relevant to the ongoing bravestarr, "should they, shouldn't they" convo, but now, i don't see it... i might be dumb. :blink:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com