In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Postby dayraven » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:16 am

He-Mullet wrote:Is this question a reference to the PCN Songster answer?
Cause Mo-Larr took 2 days and 3 hours or something to sell... Is that considered a Sales Fail now?
Songster should be made. He can be the Eternian bard... who tells us the stories and legends in the form of song. (Bio narrator)

sure is... and thanks noisy, for being the answer when i have a question... i love you "archival mofos," you make we "need info now" people so happy!!

so yes, apparently now 2 days is a bomb for a figure that featured on one segment of a 15 minute show on a cable network. what a pack of douchebags mattel is...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:51 am

Don't forget that Mo-Larr came with a practically useless Skeletor Variant...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:53 pm

dayraven wrote:sure is... and thanks noisy, for being the answer when i have a question... i love you "archival mofos," you make we "need info now" people so happy!!

so yes, apparently now 2 days is a bomb for a figure that featured on one segment of a 15 minute show on a cable network. what a pack of douchebags mattel is...

Listmaking should be a mental disorder...

And, yeah, Buzz-Off's 6 hours surely scared somebody. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 pm

where the hell were you when i needed some flow charts for nutrition class? i really could have used help w/ memorizing my enzymes and co-factors. i'm so pissed at myself, i pulled a C cuz i don't like charts, and that class really needed charts... but i memorize charts like nobody's business, and had i them, i'd have A'd with little effort.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

my latest mythos contribution... purely personal mythos, but it's a fun read, and a great writing exercise... i hope y'all enjoy!

Grayskull didn't like this new person... he claimed he too was a "He-Man," but he smelled strange, and he moved like a cat high on too much catnip. The shadowbeast fur around his massive shoulders was impressive, but Grayskull couldn't shake the impression that he likely stole it. The axe and sword were gorgeous but they were obviously not the Sword of He, nor a replica of his own vaunted blade. What game was this newcomer playing? He wasn't sure, and suspicion ate at him like a hungry rat. Still, he couldn't learn without hearing the stranger's tale, and so, he gave this Vikor the floor.

Surrounding Vikor were Grayskull's allies and generals, assembled at Vikor's request for the purpose of, as he put it, "learning the cut on this Scarabus creature who was coming sure as the grave." Vikor was vehement that he be able to tell this tale to all who would hear it, and so convinced of his veracity was Saranthiel that Grayskull begrudgingly acquiesced. He gathered the Anitherians, the Mynotheceans, his own troops, and the army of He-Man, as well as playing host to his newest ally, the Nation of Hulks. King Hulk and Banner came themselves, which surprised Grayskull... if the Leader of the Nation and the smartest amongst them were here, who was in charge of the other Jade Miscreants? He set that aside and attended to his gathering. He observed that, as always, the Royal Guardian of the Mynotheceans and Man at Arms got along famously. Banner was making jest w/ the Shield of Draumm, and their laughter seemed to make every nerve settle and ease the proceedings into friendly territory.

Above the din now, Vikor, in the center of the receiving foyer of Castle Grayskull, was heard chanting. Though the others of the party knew only that he was singing to himself, his words were those of the Memory Chant of his people, a type of vocal and mental exercise to prepare one for delivering a long story. The exercise refreshed the mind, to clarify details, to set a rhythm to the words, and to create a positive vibe that would aid the teller of a tale to accurately and poetically recall the details of a story so that not only would the telling be easier, but it would assist the learning of the tale by the listeners. In the barbarian tribes, being able to creatively but accurately relay a story was literally a matter of life and death... there was no higher skill for a skald.

Gather round me, attend my word horde!
Listen, learn, and carry with thee
For if the future thou wouldst live to see
The past shall I now reveal to thee

Ages past, in the days of black beards
Gathering frost on frosty morns
When cups were filled to brimming
And nary concern, care, consideration heeded
to the words of bend-backed men

A word twister lived in the Tropic Region
He who craved power sure as a babe craves the teet
Heathen, healer, hefter of tomes was he
Him uncovered a text of sickly words and graven image

Eyes lit like fiery embers
Knowledge made his brow ridge and good right hand wither
Him what was wished upon golden crozier
For forbidden forgotten power of the ifreet people

Given him, it was, and his sword was claimed
The creature robbed his father as surely as it robbed his son
Bereft fore'er for his desires greedy
His family name left to die in the wind as Scarabus he became

He fit to burst with power
But the mage was gone and only the ifreet left to take his face
It swept 'cross the land as sand upon sand
Ground every tower down to bare boned earth.

Women and children, none were spared
Livestock, harvests, all forsaken
The Golden One knew only death
Near as a cousin and cradled as a child

It smashed every wise sage, slaughtered every capable son
Stymied the most learned word twister
Devoured good men with good swords in fist
Was there hope 'gainst this bleak wave of grains?

AY! Fair Garabrudis whose ways were wise
Saw the gap in the armor that left the Dune Bug open
Took aside the Childe of Barbarous, him what was He
Gave He the blade of his own sword, for no son had sad Garabrudis

He rose like a mammoth, mighty man of massive marrow
Crushed Scarabus 'neath land slough of sinew force
The word twister robbed of arcane puissance
Garabrudis' sword forever cursed by syrupy sweet success

Scarabus lay dead, but living on
Evil force renewing e'en as it lay fading
Hacked in twain, again and again
By saner hands of saner lands, sealed away in humble purchase

Sealed, but not yet dead... nor powerless

Ages past, rocks died, trees reborn, seas boiled and froze
Darker magics still at work.
A world what once was one, now nearly a score or more
Combined and congealed like day old stew

Scarabus the Resurrected One ye shall call him
Whence resurrected he shall be,
and for sure and certain 'tis now that he be
Clawed hooves shall yet again soil the soil with undue toil

Learned has he, him of word most twisted
Consumed flesh of other planes, swords claimed again and again
Ancient might made more, aged wisdom given longer beard
Much has he to be feared

Face of Demon, Face of Pain
Face of Children of the Rain
Faces many, and voices too
CAREFUL lest his next face You!

Each face a form, each form a Way
Whom soever shall win the day?
he of Axe, he of Sword, man of words or wisdom hid?
Horn and talon, sword and shield avail ye not

Learned has he of weakness owned
Overcome in the Face of Many
An army is he, unto himself
What army hast you, who would fly to bring battle?

Each of ye, know this truth
Scarabus be without Ruth!
Seduce or slaughter, care not he
face him of thy own accord,
girded thy loins shalt be.

Returneth he now, to this place
His throne of bone shall he once more own
Grind thee under hoof or skipped o'er
time shall he make to break every sword

Forewarned be you, forearmed be you
Train thy mind 'gainst twisted word
train thy hand 'gainst pounding sand
train thy eye for evil's hand.

The Dune Bug must die for life to live
No concern be graver
When battle draws, an army responds
All called will die for greater ends

Now sing out strong and sing loud for sure
Drink tonight, for the 'morrow brings empty horn
Eat this day, for fallow fields to follow
Love this day, for sons and daughters be thy only hope.

Vikor near collapsed as the proclamation drew to a close. He was exhausted, having shouted down a room full of Anitherians... though now, not even a breath was heard. All stood still, looking into the face of the speaker who just forecast their collective doom in stopping this evil force that the August Council has prophecied. He knew this being, before it was so powerful, and knew it still did he even as it was returning to this plane. The pain of his tale shown clear on his face, but relief too... had long had he known this story?

What was it he had said, about the planes... once was one, and now a score or more? What did that mean? Scarabus was, to the best knowledge of Grayskull, the ruler of Eternia long past, slain by He w/ the sword Garabrudis had forged for him, and now, Scarabus was back to reclaim his ancient throne, right? Eternia wasn't merged with anything, it was as time had always known it... wasn't it? Grayskull dismissed this tale as full of half truths and poetic exaggerations, since he himself recognized so much of the world that he was returned to. Sure, it had aged, and was damaged from centuries of strife since his passing, but it was the same... Perpetua to the east, the poles to the north and south, Rakash to the west and Procrustus hard at work in the core keeping the whole place from collapsing in on itself.

Still... something about this tale stirred him. In some primordial section of his brain, or perhaps in his gut, he knew the worst of this was true, that the defenders of Eternia who were dead and lived once more, would greet death yet again handing Eternia back to their sons and daughters. Death had never scared him before, and even less so now. What concerned him was how this fool of a backwater barbarian, primitive even for the past of Grayskull's youth, knew so much about what was and what was coming. It would be three more days before Grayskull could sleep again...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:49 pm

so... not a continuation of the "in-BIO-tweens" but instead a narrative expansion on the theme. please to enjoy

Vikor eyed the King who sat on the throne of Grayskull. His long golden hair tied in what appeared to be parek-narr tendon, laying gracefully across his muscled chest like a napping housecat, yet the face under the hair seemed discordantly agitated. He could see jaw muscles clench and unclench in the aftermath of his great tale.

"What troubles thee, King of Grayskull? You are bothered, no? Why does my tale trouble thee so, so assured of thy place art thou. None may challenge you, correct? With an army this grand" and he gestured at the assembled hall of heroes here to greet him "why does one little nigh-immortal evil and a list of taudry cohorts upset thee so?"

"What truth have I of your words, Vikor? You arrive in my court, with a tale best described as grandiose, to be fair, and likely a lie if only due to the scope of your knowledge. How does one man possess such vast knowledge of such cosmic occurences, especially over ages?"

"Because, dear King, I am a Knight of Procrustus."

"Excuse me?"

"A Knight of Procrustus. We art the very first Holy Order of Knights pledged to the savior of our world, The Core Holder Procrustus. Long hath mine Order slaved to preserve Eternia in all her glory. Long hath we suffered to do this, for many and potent art the enemies of our land, and numerous art the threats to the Core Holder.

Long ago, in the Ages before Ages began, the mighty Creator Crab preyed on the oceans of the cosmos. As he ate and ate at the bits of the Universe now long forgotten, he shat four vast and wonderous giants out open the mystic jelly that was Primordia. Those giants were brothers, of a kind, 700 Handed Gaz, Pinevus the Babbling Maw, Scalex the Horror of Fin and Fang, and Procrustus the Might Master. Each shared a vast amount of potency for recrafting the stuff of Primordia as they would, derived thus from thy collective father Crab. Each claimed for thyselves a domain, one carved by Gaz from Ice and Wind, one carved by Pinevus of Wood and Earth, Scalex' purchase was of Water and Smoke... but Mighty Procrustus just roamed his brother's land. He claimed no space for himself, and was unsure of how best to use his might.

As the Domain of each brother was refined and exacted, Procrustus saw the birth of beings, small and helpless, each in the image of one of his brothers. He longed to be adored so as these early mewlings adored his siblings, but with no place and no potency to call his own, he had neither material nor mental focus to bring about such splendorous things. To show his good will though, he gifted each of the species his brother's wrought with a fraction of his own might, his indomitable will to be and be free.

Where the domain of each brother's place rubbed edge 'gainst the next, there was friction. The elements they chose combined in strange ways, and each forged new substances. Procrustus was endlessly fascinated as Earth and Water created Sludge and Sand, Smoke combined with Air to form Cloud, and Wood and Ice forged Labyrinth. 'Twas Sand that yeilded the first evil. In those days, evil and goodness were twins suckling at the same teet, only later would they cleft themselves free and become opposites. But Sand yeilded the Dune Bug, and 'twas his empty heart that first conceived of Unmaking that which was.

His Heinousness first attempted to end the reign of the Decent Brethren by destroying the core of Primordia. All this mass of elements and giants sat upon a miasma of jelly that had been pressed and compounded into an iron shell. The Dune Bug knew that if he consumed this jelly, the iron shell would collapse on itself, and he himself would grow in potency to match the Brothers. On the surface, his armies attacked the Brothers. Gaz fell first, and the People of the Glaciers wept tears which froze on their cheeks. Next fell Scalex, whose dying mass forced the waters to drown whole portions of the land. Pinevus died in a terrible inferno that scorched even over water and ice and carved labyrinths most foul onto every land mass and e'en in the Subternian kingdoms.

Only Mighty Procrustus remained, and only so because his journeys meant he had no home to ambush, no route to anticipate. He felt the death of each of his Brothers as he might have felt his own, and each made him weap tears of crystal tither and yon o're the realms of Primordia. As he traveled to each of the homes of his Brothers, he claimed a memento of each of them, that he might fore'er have a token of their passing. He learned at each stop of the terrible actions that brought the Blessed Brothers low, and learned of the foul plans of the Dune Bug. He flew into action as he realized he may be too late, and dove rapidly into the Primordian substance to reach the Core. He arrived just in time to stop The Dune Bug from breaching the iron shell. He grabbed up a handfull of the iron shell, and by reflex alone, cast it into a bronze curio, and sealed the Dune Bug within it. But in so tearing the shell, the jelly began to leak, and the core collapse. With thought to neither self nor task, he leapt through his self-made tear and took stand in the center of the core, holding her up with each of his mighty arms. He knew in that moment why he'd never taken up cause nor people, for his destiny lie here. This core would demand a might to hold aloft that none of his brothers would have borne. Only he was of the limb and the strength to perform this task.

In time, as he did not return, the now free peoples of Primordia fiinshed off the armies of the Fallen One and began to wonder at Procrustus' fate. They sent the mightiest veterans of the wars to see to the Fate of the Last Brother, and so they traveled downwards. Through fire and ice and labyrinth and water all manner of substance and amalgamation did they trek, and many perished on the way. When they arrived at the core, only four be their number. Mighty Procrustus stood, trapped but still mighty and still alive. Each of the heroes before him took a vow to protect their realm, which Procrustus renamed Eternia, as with his sancification of the pact, the realm would endure eternally. To seal the pact, he graced each hero with a token from the brother who birthed their people. The Glacierfolk were given a sword made from one of Gaz's teeth, the Merfolk of Scalex were offered a trident crafted from one of the bones of his pectoral fins, and the Minotaurs were granted a Dual Axe made from the eyebrow of Pinevus. To them all, Procrustus bequethed a sphere of energy, pure and vast in it's might, that someday, the gathered peoples of Eternia could empower an artifact of their own making, which he would by proxy, bless. For these boons, the heroes returned to the surface and undertook the forging of the temple of Procrustus, moving materials and manpower down to the shell where a vast palace was made for the mighty Primordial. This would allow him some respite, as it sheilded him from the reality altering jelly, and the scorching heat of the iron shell, as well as allowing him to temporarily adjust his grip without the imminent fear of collapse. He breathed a sigh of relief and this breath fell on the shoulders of each assembled hero, empowering their bloodline for all eternity with vast might both mundane and arcane.

It is this might which you youself, D'Vann, called upon when you made your ultimate sacrifice, and the might that makes each of your descendants able to call upon the crafted magicks of your sword. The sons of the Minotaurs express their might by creating new races of sentient beast from those they honor with their seed. The sons of the Merfolk pass along the ability to speak to and command the non-sentient beasts of Eternia. Each race, and her offspring, possess vast reserves that make them mighty, especially as they travel abroad in the universe and encounter those not thusly blessed. And to this day, each of the sacred artifacts exist, imperishable and indestructible.

Each of those heroes have trained son and daughter of their line, if they be worthy, to carry on the tradition of those who protect the Core Handler, and each recipient of those artifacts is pledged to his defense, no matter they're political ties. I was blessed to carry thy sword for a time King of Grayskull, but I passed it along to thy grandchild whence they were born as was my duty. This duty, and my father's dedication to it and his mastery of the lore, are what lead me to mine knowledge and mine conviction. I am here to help thee, for the Dune Bug has been resurrected, and the ages of imprisonment have made him anxious to taste freedom and e'en more potent that when last he threatened Eternia. This is his third escape from the binding of Procrustus, and I fear could be his last. This is why i beseech thy court for help... The Sword of Grayskull is the only device that opens thy castle, and within the heart of thy castle, amongst other things, lies that power orb that Mighty Procrustus gifted us with. Should the Resurrected One acquire that orb... I dare not even speak of the possibilities. But surely it would be the end of my people's Pact, and I will not allow this. I will NOT allow this!"

Grayskull sat still, contemplating the fullness of Vikor's tale... but no longer did he doubt it's veracity. He rose from his throne, and approached the barbarian, who, for a second, made flinch towards his axe. Grayskull reached out his arm, and after a stunned moment, Vikor recieved it in his vise-like grip. Their purpose, forever more, was mutual.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 pm

so... why is that 2oox motu is just FINE for tapping when it comes to backstory, but the "look is retired?" they aren't worried about "competing stories out there?" assholes.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:00 pm

dayraven wrote:so... why is that 2oox motu is just FINE for tapping when it comes to backstory, but the "look is retired?" they aren't worried about "competing stories out there?" assholes.

Haha. Good point. It's easier for Mattelfolks to co-opt the unfinished vintage and 200x stories as something to build on then it is to create their own stuff.

I had a chance to digest the first of your two posts. It's really interesting to see the FanEx stuff & MOTU stuff emerged (and think about that, coming from me :wink: ). I also really like the idea of Grayskull & Vikor being contemporary (of course they were, I just hadn't thought of that way). I haven't read the second one yet, but I saw Procrustus, so that's cool. :cool:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
dayraven wrote:so... why is that 2oox motu is just FINE for tapping when it comes to backstory, but the "look is retired?" they aren't worried about "competing stories out there?" assholes.

Haha. Good point. It's easier for Mattelfolks to co-opt the unfinished vintage and 200x stories as something to build on then it is to create their own stuff.

I had a chance to digest the first of your two posts. It's really interesting to see the FanEx stuff & MOTU stuff emerged (and think about that, coming from me :wink: ). I also really like the idea of Grayskull & Vikor being contemporary (of course they were, I just hadn't thought of that way). I haven't read the second one yet, but I saw Procrustus, so that's cool. :cool:

thank you. i do appreciate the high praise on the merger of the universese... i know that kind of stuff is usually not your bag.

i'm trying to tell an awkward bang of these different eras and different heros who, up till now, have not been contemporaries. so suddenly, guys are trying to "get back to normal" what they knew and who they knew from their time and place, and OOPS here comes this other dudes who just as badass and what's his taste of the pie too. vikor is kind of my sage character who knows exactly what's going on, and why all these guys are suddenly in one place at one time, and is choosing to get involved for the good of every one... but for grayskull it's very much growing pains. in his time, he was the unchallenged badass of the era. as far as he knows, he died winning this war... then suddenly, he's back alive, and hordak is there (damn!) king hsss is there (or soon will be... DAMN! DAMN!) and skeletor is new to him... TRIPLE DAMN! so he's got randor, who's the "king" and he-man who's the hero, and He-Ro who's still the best damned wizard around AND buffed as well (though i think of he-ro as the enkidu to grayskull's gilgamesh) and he's got to share the limelight and the decision making. plus, there's all these other strange powers he's contending with... imagine being one grayskull and being the world beater, then finding out there's a dozen of these "hulk" badasses who bitch smack mountains and surf molten rock... fun stuff.

can't wait to hear what you think of the next chapter!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:45 pm

hey noisy, can we put embed videos in here?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com