In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: In thinking about the MOTUverse...

Postby dayraven » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:26 pm

i totally need to do something more for vikor, don't i? that bio left a lot to be desired...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 pm

had a funny literature thought today... what if the skull of grayskull's castle is megator's mother? in a beowulf-like moment, grayskull (or maybe he-ro) slew her, tytus drags her skull back to a nice plot of land and builds a castle around it... then megator seeks revenge later? (i know, backwards from beowulf, that's why i said "beowulf-like")

that could explain the axe... he-ro used the axe to do the deed, but swore ever after never to raise the axe in battle again... but he carries it to remind himself of the life he took and the repetance he must endure every day.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:25 pm

what's the consensus on the power levels of the various he-men? there an implication in the vikor bio that he may not have been a very powerful he-man (or faced a very powerful FFM, as it does specifically state he didn't last long) but like, to me, the power levels go:

He-Ro- sword of He holder, plus a Cosmic Enforcer

Grayskull- Next Sword of He Holder, also possessed of enormous personal power, bonbed own power to the Sword at his death.

Mission Specific He-Men- upgraded power bursts as deemed necessary by PoG, upgrade He-Man in specific ways, but power level soon expires (basing this off statements from TP and FF he-man mini-comics which insinuated that the powers were finite)

Regular He-Man

Wun-Dar, OO-Lar, Vikor, NA He-Man- Vikor seems weak by insinuation, oo-lar and wun-dar lacked the full power sword, and so lacked the power of Grayskull, and likely some of the power of the sword itself as well. NA He-Man no longer called on the power of grayskull, so i'm not granting it to him, but it is possible that in some way, he had learned to internalize that power... though NA adam showed no evidence of super-mundane abilities

anybody see anything wrong w/ this breakdown?

for my personal mythos, i'm making vikor the father of He, the barbarian for whom the sword was forged to kill scarabus and rid eternia of his evil... which in turn left it vulnerable to invasion by the Horde. vikor is mad powerful, for a mortal, kind of hulkish in might, but completely not magical. He was likewise physically gifted, but required the sword to temporarily fend off scarabus' magic.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Didn't NA Adam have Jedi powers? I remember him doing the Jedi Mind Trick a couple of times.
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:10 pm

He-Mullet wrote:Didn't NA Adam have Jedi powers? I remember him doing the Jedi Mind Trick a couple of times.

did he? i don't recall seeing that, but i haven't seen the whole show either... i find i tend to fall asleep pretty easily watching that version... but he sure doesn't seem like he-man kind of legendary powerful. like filmation, he once pushed a moon back into orbit with his bare hands, in the mini-comics he once punched a fire out, the dc comics saw prince adam twisting barbells into knots w/out even transforming into he-man, and myp he regularly sheered off small mountain and tossed them or used them as a sheild.... i don't recall NA he-man or ever showcasing strength of that kind of magnitude.... but the jedi mind trick might mean he's more versatile than his predecessors... hmmm.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:57 am

I think it was on the 3 to 5 parter episodes in which Flogg conquers Primus with some fuzzy animals that turn into big "badass" robots. NA He-Man is on the run, kinda like he's playing She-Ra. All I know is that's on Volume 1 from the NA boxset
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:37 am

He-Mullet wrote:I think it was on the 3 to 5 parter episodes in which Flogg conquers Primus with some fuzzy animals that turn into big "badass" robots. NA He-Man is on the run, kinda like he's playing She-Ra. All I know is that's on Volume 1 from the NA boxset

cool, i'll check it out, i have the boxset, i just haven't watched everything yet.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:34 pm

does anyone recall how long it took mo-larr to sell through?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:25 am

NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby He-Mullet » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:52 am

Is this question a reference to the PCN Songster answer?
Cause Mo-Larr took 2 days and 3 hours or something to sell... Is that considered a Sales Fail now?
Songster should be made. He can be the Eternian bard... who tells us the stories and legends in the form of song. (Bio narrator)
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com