Skeletor Variants (Dragon Blaster - September, Pg. 4)

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Battle Armor Skeletor Thread

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:40 pm

This will sound silly, but after being disappointed by King Hssss, opening BA Skeletor was a welcome awesome. I really enjoyed his simpleness - even if his value is questionable since he was included in the sub.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Re: Battle Armor Skeletor Thread

Postby Mose » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:58 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:This will sound silly, but after being disappointed by King Hssss, opening BA Skeletor was a welcome awesome. I really enjoyed his simpleness - even if his value is questionable since he was included in the sub.

I got King Hsss and BA Skeletor earlier today. Both had tight joints and good paint as well, much better than last month’s figs. Overall I agree that King Hsss feels a little cheap while I ended up liking BA Skeletor far more than I thought I would. Right now he’s dual-wielding his axe and his power sword from the Mo-Larr set.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Re: Skeletor Variants (Dragon Blaster - September)

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:12 am

Bumping up this thread for DB Skelly!

Fwoosh First Look: http://thefwoosh.com/2012/09/first-look ... r-skeletor
Pixel Dan:

Remember when Battle Armor Faker was going to bump this guy off into oblivion? :cool:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Re: Skeletor Variants (Dragon Blaster - September, Pg. 4)

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:41 am

Then can I bump it back down? :razz: :lol:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:29 am

i'm still on the fence on this one... as dan points out, it seems like his primary point of interest is the option to kitbash a vintage skeletor... that doesn't say much for DB himself. i LOVED db skeletor as a kid, but that was in large part because i loved just about every water squirting toy. without that to sell me, and given the stupidity of the "dragon that's removable, but not really" it's hard for me to imaine why i need this guy... IF i get one, it would be pretty much only to use the buck under the vintage armor and alcala head, and then slap all the DB stuff on the v1 skeletor and dump him in the general population box.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:06 am

dayraven wrote:i'm still on the fence on this one... as dan points out, it seems like his primary point of interest is the option to kitbash a vintage skeletor... that doesn't say much for DB himself. i LOVED db skeletor as a kid, but that was in large part because i loved just about every water squirting toy. without that to sell me, and given the stupidity of the "dragon that's removable, but not really" it's hard for me to imaine why i need this guy... IF i get one, it would be pretty much only to use the buck under the vintage armor and alcala head, and then slap all the DB stuff on the v1 skeletor and dump him in the general population box.

yup, that's what i did... i caved and did buy it, and within minutes, i grew dissatisfied w/ the fig as purchased and swapped out his parts, and i don't think i'm going back. the only other mod i might make at this point is to swap the left hand w/ keldor to skellie can dual weild the swords. i like the idea of the havok staff, but i'm very dissatisfied w/ how well any of the extant skellie's hold it. they need to retool that staff and make the handle within the normal grip parameters so we can swap between the swords and the staff w/out distending one of the hands. but i get it, i'm just one guy... why on earth should they plan the line for best re-use of parts? overall, color me a little disappointed in the execution of DBS. the finned arms don't really articulate at the elbow correctly, but they look better. the sword is a complete waste of time... i don't get why the dragon dismounts from the backpack if he's completely useless in that configuration.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Thad_theImpaler » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:06 pm

First thing I ended up doing with DB Skeletor was to swap the regular Skeletor gear & alcala head onto the buck... The wide left hand sucks though, but it at least holds the regular havoc staff decently enough. All my other MOTUC Skeletors use Mo2k havoc staffs & swords, since I had a friend who got me some Mo2k skeletors on the cheap just for that purpose.
Thad_theImpaler
Ensign
Ensign

Postby He-Mullet » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Right now the only Skeletor variant that I want is NA Skeletor (and a NA He-Man of course) They could release a Terror Claws Kit for us to use on a Skeletor buck (same with FF He-Man, but for that we'd need a BA Buck)
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:03 pm

I am jonesing for a "Discs of Doom" Skeletor from New Adventures, it was his second look on the show with the blocky helmet and the big skull on his armor... he also had some sort of techno legs/boots going on.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby He-Mullet » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:00 am

Got my BBTS DB Skeletor... Man! Mattel totally dropped the ball on him!
Little Blastic so far... but still visible on his right shoulder (armor covers it)
Fused joints due to paint...
I want to kick whoever thought that the chain should NOT be removable... (Fixed with $3 worth of materials from WalMart)
I'm so gonna repaint the heck out of that face once the rainy days end...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com