Super 7 MOTU

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Super 7 MOTU

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:48 am

Well, Power Con has come and gone and no MOTU news from Super7. =(

They did have plenty of reveals for TMNT, Conan, and ThunderCats, so there's that!

TMNT looks amazing. Not sure I need to go down that rabbit hole.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:26 am

Last night I was watching Pixel Dan's "walk-thru" with Brian Flynn from Super7 at Power Con. Interesting stuff. According to Flynn, they have 16 figures in the funnel --- so a full year of ThunderCats, four figures released quarterly. I really hope they can get past the "curse" and actually get the core team out. Lion-O, Panthro, and Jackal Man look great, but I don't think I can pay $45 a figure for ones that I already have. I do kinda want Mumm-Ra Mummy figure though. At least they don't appear to be making you order the whole wave, so you can pick & choose.

I'm not sure how I feel about their decision to go forward with Ultimates. They've crept up to $45 per figure which is a lot of money. I am super excited about their new TMNT line based on the figures, but I'm not sure I can justify spending all that money on toys. I still have all the original vintage figures I had as a kid. I'm not sure I need to purchase them again. The added detail/paint/accessories are cool, but still not necessarily something I need to sink money into. I'm probably sounding like a broken record at this point! In all honesty though I hope they do well and both lines go on for years.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:26 pm

I plan on getting the Ultimates Mumm-Ra, and if they get around to them, Sslythe and perhaps the Berserkers.

Now I'm just waiting to see when I can possibly get the Slime Pit He-Man, Slamurai & Snake Troopers 3-Pack, and Snake Mountain. It'll be a while . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:22 am

I feel like I need "Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living". It's a really great looking figure. Also going to need "Mumm-Ra the All-Powerful"

I really hope they do get to Sslythe!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:12 pm

So Ultimates Mumm-Ra! Only sixty bucks!

Still waiting on my William Stout figures... they allegedly arrived and started shipping yesterday (Jan 6th). I'm assuming it takes them a week or so to get them shipped and then 7-10 days for shipping. I'll be surprised if I get them before the last week of January!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Well, the "Powered-Up" Mumm-Ra is a full 9 inches tall, and it towers over the other figures, to be fair, plus it's got a two-sided cape and buttloads of stuff.

As for the William Stout figures, I'm looking forward to them . . . eventually. They're being sent to my old address in England, and I'm currently in Georgia. :/
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:02 am

Too true, there’s definitely added value there. To be honest, I’d rather pay a little more and get the definitive, or “Ultimate” version of the character and to have it done "right". Looking back at the 6” Bandai release, for the time I guess it was okay, but it just felt a little underwhelming in size. Whereas villains like Skeletor, Hordak, Shredder, etc. don’t necessarily need to be larger than life, I think Mumm-Ra really calls to be “huge” and more imposing.

I’ve already seen some pics of the William Stout figures in-hand posted on Instagram. They look fantastic. I honestly don’t know what I am going to open first. God Skeletor is my most anticipated figure, but I’m equally as excited about He-Man and Skeletor. I’m sorry to hear that you’ll have to wait even longer though, I guess I won’t complain about having to wait until the end of the month.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:33 am

No worries, mate. We're planning on heading back to England this summer, but nothing's guaranteed yet.

I definitely know what you mean about wanting "Ultimate" versions of a character. I would love for the "Ultimates" Leatherhead to be an absolute monster. His height on his vintage bio card was listed at around 13 feet, but I get the feeling that was supposed to be his length. Still, that would make him MUCH bigger than the tiny figure we got of him back in the day.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:59 am

Turns out I may receive my shipment a lot sooner than expected. I received shipping notice last Friday. The original scheduled delivery date was tomorrow, 1/17, but since it didn’t actually arrive at the FedEx location until late Monday it’s been since pushed out to Monday 1/20… of course that’s a holiday here in the states for MLK, so I’ll get it Tuesday. Still, better than my original estimate that I might not get it until the very last week, so I’m not complaining.

RE: Size. It will be interesting to see if Super7 sticks with the scale/sizes set forth by the Playmates line or if they’ll maybe take some liberties. I can see some good/bad coming from that. Certain characters just felt woefully undersized, but that’s endemic of most toy lines. Looking at TMNT specifically, characters like Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, Chromedome, etc. who were smaller than they should have been. On the flip side characters like Splinter and Krang who were almost TOO big in comparison.. I’m guessing that they will stick with the same proportions and remain slavishly honest to the vintage line. That was one thing that was pretty cool about NECA’s 200x MOTU Stactions, they weren’t constrained to any sizes so you could have characters like Clawful, Tung Lashor, and Leech that got to be huge.

I wasn’t a fussy kid but Krang’s size always bothered me. Krang in his bubble walker was one of the first TMNT figures I ever got, along with Baxter Stockman! A couple years later I got the oversized android body for a Christmas/birthday present but all I wanted was one that was in scale with the other figures. I finally did get him for $5 brand new, carded in the very late ‘90s/early ‘00s at a discount store. I wasn’t really into collecting back then but I bought it purely on principle.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:58 pm

Well, here's hoping for a painless delivery for you, mate!

I'm definitely going to try to save up for hoped-for Leatherhead, and perhaps a Slash, but not much else, otherwise it'd get out of control. I'd really like a Baxter, but I just don't have the money for it right now. Plus, I'd only be interested if he had properly poseable wings.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com