Super 7 MOTU

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Super 7 MOTU

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:48 am

Well, Power Con has come and gone and no MOTU news from Super7. =(

They did have plenty of reveals for TMNT, Conan, and ThunderCats, so there's that!

TMNT looks amazing. Not sure I need to go down that rabbit hole.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:26 am

Last night I was watching Pixel Dan's "walk-thru" with Brian Flynn from Super7 at Power Con. Interesting stuff. According to Flynn, they have 16 figures in the funnel --- so a full year of ThunderCats, four figures released quarterly. I really hope they can get past the "curse" and actually get the core team out. Lion-O, Panthro, and Jackal Man look great, but I don't think I can pay $45 a figure for ones that I already have. I do kinda want Mumm-Ra Mummy figure though. At least they don't appear to be making you order the whole wave, so you can pick & choose.

I'm not sure how I feel about their decision to go forward with Ultimates. They've crept up to $45 per figure which is a lot of money. I am super excited about their new TMNT line based on the figures, but I'm not sure I can justify spending all that money on toys. I still have all the original vintage figures I had as a kid. I'm not sure I need to purchase them again. The added detail/paint/accessories are cool, but still not necessarily something I need to sink money into. I'm probably sounding like a broken record at this point! In all honesty though I hope they do well and both lines go on for years.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:26 pm

I plan on getting the Ultimates Mumm-Ra, and if they get around to them, Sslythe and perhaps the Berserkers.

Now I'm just waiting to see when I can possibly get the Slime Pit He-Man, Slamurai & Snake Troopers 3-Pack, and Snake Mountain. It'll be a while . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:22 am

I feel like I need "Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living". It's a really great looking figure. Also going to need "Mumm-Ra the All-Powerful"

I really hope they do get to Sslythe!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com