Super 7 MOTU

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Super 7 MOTU

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Nifty is a good way to describe it. Sort of like the Loyal Subjects line. I've picked up a handful of them, mostly because I spotted a sale at ThinkGeek, otherwise I don't really go for the blind box/bag figures.

If this is the start of a new line, I think I might pick up He-Man & Skeletor and a few favorites but otherwise I feel like I need to give it a rest. At least until my Snake Mountain is paid off!!! TBH, sometimes I wish I would just quit collecting all together. It feels like we're on this hampster wheel and no matter how much "cool" stuff that gets released that we "need" to have, it's like continuously looking for the next fix. I try like hell to appreciate what I've got, but of course it's hard to do so when most of it is in storage.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:35 pm

I know exactly what you mean, mate. The way I reckon it, I mainly wanted three more huge things -- Snake Mountain, Omega Supreme, and Scorponok (if he gets made) -- then just continue with MOTU figures (and other vehicles and playsets if the make them) and the occasional new Soundwave item.

But now, it looks like I have to sell my Sail Barge and a huge chunk of my existing collections (which is going to be hard from 4,000 miles away), and I won't be able to afford anything new for a long time. >SIGH<
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:45 am

Can you jog my memory? Where are you now in relation to your collection?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Collection's in Torbay, Devonshire, England. I'm a bit outside of Athens, GA, at the moment. Just a shade over 4,000 miles.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:33 am

Gotcha --- that's quite a distance! What brought you to the states? I'm sorry if this has already been covered somewhere, I just don't recall.

Now that we've seen more of the MOTU Origins line, I'm afraid --- afraid that I will succumb to the urge to collect!
*IF* and it’s a big *IF* I begin collecting the line, I will limit myself to the core vintage characters, assuming the line is a success and they get that far, I don't need another Carnivus, Evil Seed, or Count Marzo, etc.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm back in the USA because I married a lady I've known for 20 years, mate. ;)

I am not touching the MOTU Origins line. It's nifty, but I already have all those characters -- and a couple hundred more, besides! -- and in more detail. I hope to get going on my MOTUC soft goods projects sometime. When I'm back in England. Whenever that might be.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:12 am

Gotcha! That's as good of a reason as any! =) I know a few international couples, one fellow I knew was from Ireland and he married a lass from Massachusetts. Another couple I am acquaintances with the guy is from Texas and he married a woman from New Zealand!

I hear ya on the Origins line. I have a *mostly* complete MOTUC collection, aside from a few of the various SDCC/Power Con exclusives and maybe a handful of other figures. Classics exceeded everyone's expectations. To think that we got characters like HE-Ro and Eldor, vehicles, and playsets. Not to mention we got the movie figures too! If Classics is all but dead I can let it rest and be content. I don't necessarily think I need to jump back into collecting yet another line. Every year there's more & more stuff announced and this year feels no different. NECA ramping up with TMNT figures, same with Super7. Plus other random stuff. I have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. It's so easy to get distracted by all this stuff and forget about the bigger picture in life. These are nice things to have but I'm not in a place financially where I really should be squandering money on toys.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:16 pm

I hear you, mate.

As things stand now, the only MOTUC stuff I don't have (and have very little hope of getting for a long, long time) are Snake Mountain and the Power-Con 2019 exclusives. I hope it comes back, but not until the fuss about the new movie and Netflix She-Ra have died down in a couple of years. I still have loads of stuff on my Wish List that would be nifty to see made (Kothos, Melaktha, Mini-Comic Tri-Klops, the "ABC Giants," beasts, vehicles, playsets . . . I could go on for hours).
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:06 pm

That's great man, it sounds like your Classics collection is more complete than mine!

I dind't care too much about the Snake Men in Horde Trooper armor, but that white Ninjor is amazing. So is Slime Pit He-Man. I just couldn't justify shelling out the money they were asking.

I'm not holding my breath on the Filmation/Classics and 5.5 Filmation. I'm perfectly fine if Classics takes a break for a while. I think Mattel seems to want to concentrate on their MOTU Origins line and the upcoming film. If it came back in a year or two that would be cool. Maybe it can survive in Power Con exclusives so it's not completely dormant. It would be a shame if the 5.5 Filmation dies so early on though, I was more excited about those figures than I have been a lot of Classics in years.

I'm a little frustrated that we didn't get any solid intel out of SDCC as far as the future of these formats go. I watched Pixel Dan's interview with S7's Brian Flynn and he really tip-toed around the answer trying to keep it as open-ended as possible. From what I understand being a licencee you basically have to play hop scotch with whoever the licencor is, and you know how Mattel can be.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:38 am

So Super7 is teasing the long rumored Thundercats revival now. Details to be released on 8/12. I'm guessing they'll go with a continuation of classics,

At this point I don't know if I can get re-invested in the line. I was never big on ThunderCats as a kid, I collected MOTU, Transformers, and G.I. Joe in that era. ThunderCats was a distant fourth. The only figure I had was Slithe which I received as a birthday present.

I'm sure they'll have "Ultimate" editions of previously released figures and mix in a few new ones. I'd really only care about Tygra and Cheetara to get the core team at least. I don't need to deep dive into the line, and I certainly don't want to have to pre-order an entire wave just to get one or two figures I want.

The only other characters I can imagine myself wanting are Slithe, Monkian, and Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living. But even at that, IDK if I really care.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com