Super 7 MOTU

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Super 7 MOTU

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:22 pm

I am absolutely thrilled that Snake Mountain is happening . . . but again . . . no money. If there were some details about when it would be shipping, that would be better. If it wouldn't ship for another year, I'd happily sign up for it on BBTS. But if it ships much soon, I'll have to pay real, serious scalper money sometime way down the line.
>SIGH<
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:46 am

I feel your pain. I'm about 90% positive I'm signing up for it. I'll have to do the payment plan. I agree though, it would be nice to know when it'll ship. The payment plan will finish up some time in October, one might make a wild assumption that it would then ship in Nov/Dec, but you never know with S7. Whenever I pre-order through them I try not to have any expectations for actual delivery --- I just figure it'll arrive when it arrives. Even when Stridor was finally being shipped out, I got mine about a month after they started showing up at people's homes.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed May 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Well, BBTS is asking for a $160 deposit - which I don't have, and it's announced for "4th Quarter 2019." I have no idea when I'll be earning money again. If I ever get this prize, whenever down the line, it'll HURT.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu May 02, 2019 6:11 am

It's not a case of not wanting Snake Mountain, but I gotta do some serious number crunching!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri May 24, 2019 1:55 pm

Whelp, for better or for worse, I went ahead and pre-ordered SM. I'm doing the payment plan, so in 5 more installments of $135 that baby will be all mine! Of course I have no idea how I'm going to display it or where I'll even put it, but I'll let future me worry about that then!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:50 am

Well done, mate! Wish I could say the same. But financial reasons.

Also: Hooray! Snake Mountain was fully funded, and they extended the sign-up date! If only they'd extend it until . . . say, 2022.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Thanks! I think I'll feel more excited when it's all paid for --- until then I'm on the hook for the next 5 months. Like having another utility bill to pay! I hope that you can get your hands on it at some point!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:52 am

Thank 'e, mate, so do I!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Whelp, looks like Mattel is back at producing MOTU figures again!

https://toynewsi.com/241-33650

I think they're pretty cool. I may try to nab this set, I love the packaging. It looks like a slightly taller, more articulated version of the 5.5 vintage He-Man. I don't know if I'm ready to commit to collecting a new line. I'm curious as to the future of Super7's ability to produce MOTU --- I've heard rumours Classics and Filmation/Greyskull line are dead. But what about the 5.5 Filmation figures? Hopefully we'll get some answers at SDCC!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Yeah, saw that. Bloody nifty, but I'm not going to start a new line at this point. If I can at all swing it, I'll try to get that set, if only for the vest and daggers to kit out my MOTUC versions, but I'm not going to sweat it too much.

At this point, I'll be happy to give MOTUC and Club Grayskull a rest for a while, because I'm broke. But I'd love for it to resume, eventually, preferably at a much-reduced pace.

As for the rumours, I dunno. Rumours fly like gnats in summer. I'll just wait for official press releases. For what it's worth, I think Super7 did a bang-up job getting us a lot of things that Mattel couldn't or wouldn't take on, despite their mistakes and setbacks. But then, it's not like Mattel were perfect, either.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com