Super 7 MOTU

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Super 7 MOTU

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Well, I feel like I hit the lotto. All of my Wal-Mart preorders shipped and were delivered. I now own Origins Man-E-Faces, Orko, Trap Jaw, and SCAREGLOW! I am looking at it right now as I type this sentence. It' sso cool to finally have a 5" vintage "style" Scareglow. I'll probablly never own a proper vintage one and TBH, now that I have this one I'm not sure if I really need it. I've never displayed my vintage collection. I still own all of them, I guess I just like knowing they're safe in storage. If I were to take them out I think I would have to do a lot of repair work. Off the top of my head my Hordak and Man-At-Arms need to have their leg elastics replaced. Anyway, so far I've opened SG and Trap Jaw. They are both really well done. Trap Jaw is a lot nicer in person. I still wish they painted the eyebrows but it looks good though. The plastic Scare Glow cape isn't really that bad. From about 3 feet you can't really tell. I still might like to get a cloth cape to have the option of displaying both. My only complaint about Scareglow is that the ball joint feels a little loose. Pixel Dan made the same comment in his review. It just might be the mold. It's not quite "bobble head" status and the head pops on and off easily. Trap Jaw on the other hand, I couldn't get the head off and I don't want to risk breaking it.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:46 am

NICE! I got my Scare Glow of amazon.co.uk last month, but that's in England, and I'm currently in Georgia, so I'll see what it's like next time I'm home . . . whenever that might be.

MOTUO is shaping up to be a dang cool line, I think. Can't afforfd to collect it, but it's great to see the new developments.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:32 am

Yeah, I'm loving everything I've seen from MOTUO. The colors in this line really pop. That was one thing that I really loved about the vintage line and was lost in the 200x and even Classics lines. Sure, they were still colorful but your eyes are really drawn to the bright oranges, lime greens, and almost neon yellows. Plus the purples and blues. I think it's in a way what I wish classics was from the beginning. Already they've hit some home runs. The fact that I now own a "vintage" Scareglow is awesome. It's about four feet away form me and even though it's not a true "vintage" figure, it still looks freakin awesome. I've already decided that I'm going to stick to classic versions of figures. If they want to do minicomics figures (like Triklops) or what not, that's fine. I've already made peace with the fact that I won't have a complete set since I refuse to pay the $250 or whatever it was for the PowerCon "Lords of Power" set. Although they look great!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com