Super 7 MOTU

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Super 7 MOTU

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Just got shipping notification for both sets of Ultimates, and a ransom note -- er, customs charge notice -- for the first one. Yippee!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 am

He-Man & Ram-Man 1 arrived. Still waiting for Ram-Man 2, Faker, Skeletor, & Teelas 1 & 2.

Paint jobs are EXCELLENT so far. Weapons warped, but easily fixed with hot water and a bit of bending. Ram-Man's joints VERY tight. He-Man's joints, not so much, and especially loose ankles. Ram-Man has painted hands (and so does Skeletor, at least), so expect wear and tear when putting in weapons.

On the whole, a promising start for such a small company, and once they change factories, I expect even better.

Now, does anyone know how to get bubbles off cardbacks nice and cleanly? So far, heat pads and hair dryers have not worked. I suppose I could wait a couple of decades, but . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:09 am

Cool! All the pictures I've seen thus far have been really great!

Thats unfortunate about the weapons warping. They're fitting a TON of stuff in there. Like you say, that can easily be fixed.

I've seen a few people complain about their carbacks being bent/dammaged, which would be really disappointing for me. If I were to order an extra He-Man/Skeletor it would probably be for MOC display purpose.

Maybe you can use a steam cleaner/wand to remove the bubble from the cardback? Not sure if it would damage the cardboard though.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:34 pm

I've seen an interesting video where the person paints the back of the cardback with acetone, and it dissolved the glue from the other side. Apparently, if you use enough of it in measured doses, the bubble lifts off as cleanly as if it had no glue on it at all.

I'll have to try that when I get back from my holiday.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Finally sent off my final payment to Super7. Now we just have to wait for the new Classics/Filmation figures.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:16 pm

All my Ultimates have now arrived. Largely very happy with them. A few minor paint issues and some weapon warp, but otherwise all nifty. BRING ON THE NEXT WAVE!!!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Glad yours turned out ok! Can't wait for the new Classics/Filmation figures!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:23 am

Definitely! Very stoked for the continued line. Super 7 seems to have a pretty good handle on who to make to please fans. And if they can get their factory problems sorted out, their new MOTUC figures will be amazing.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am

Lots of cool buzz out of Power Con this weekend.

Filmation-style Man-E-Faces looks PERFECT.

Granita looks really cool too. I'm already looking forward to the next series. I didn't catch when the pre-orders will go out. Hopefully not for a couple more months, still need to recover from the last one! =)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Yeah, I saw those, and they look outstanding! Very much looking forward to the "pre-orders"* going up!

* I really hate the term "pre-order." "By its very etymological breakdown, it means "before you order." But as soon as you request an item from a seller, you are ordering it, whether the product is available or not. The whole of history, up until you put that into your virtual cart and authorise payment is "pre-order." Once you've clicked the "Buy It" button, it has been ordered. I have spoken. :wink:
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com