Super 7 MOTU

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Super 7 MOTU

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:47 am

So, they've just announced Filmation Hawke with spare Delora head, Fang-or, Quakke, and Lodar. Don't know about you folks, but I'm pretty stoked!

http://super7hq.com/news/new-masters-of ... s-revealed
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Re: Super 7 MOTU

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:50 pm

I'm liking this line-up, like a LOT. We're getting 200x, NA, Filmation, and Mincomics characters. Maybe it's because this is the first continuation of MOTUC with Super7 after the line offficially "died" or maybe its just because they're newly announced figures, but I'm more excited about these four figures than I was for most of 2016 releases.

My personal fave of the lot Quakke, only because I'm a sucker for NA. Fang-or is clearly the winner of the pack though. Lodar is cool, in the same way that it was cool to get Geldor. Hawke/Delora is easily the weakest, and I'm not saying that because they're a female character, it's very much "in Filmation style".
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:56 am

Tons of people over at The Dreaded Org are vehemently complaining that Hawke should've been in Club Grayskull because she's so plain and simplified, she's OBVIOUSLY not supposed to in the main line, and why didn't they make her 200x style, dammit?!!. What these slackwits fail to realise is that there's not much you can do with her Filmation design, as it was very simple to begin with. At least she's got feather and hair texture, and there's some detailing on her goggles
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 am

Not every figure is going to be hyper-detailed like Blade, Jitsu, Fisto, etc. There has already been precedent set for Filmation characters done in the Classics style, Shokoti, Strongor, Batros, etc. just to name a few. I think some have been better executed than others.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:22 pm

Well, exactly.

Val is teasing about how great the PowerCon exclusives are going to be this year. I want to smack him.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:45 am

Cool stuff @ ToyFare. I think my big favorite is the continuation of the vintage line with Eldor and He-Ro. Like most fans, I didn't even know about either one until I got on the Internet, and even though we have entries of both in the Classics line, I think a 4" scale retro version would be outstanding. I don't know if I'm sold on the 4" retro Filmation figures, but I'm sure I'll be a sucker for He-Man and Skeletor at the very least.

Classics Filmation Hordak, Tri-Klops, Man-At-Arms, and Teela all look really nice. I think MAA is the best of the series though.

The Club Eternia Exclusives all look neat, but I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to pass on both sets. The minicomics set is neat, but the only figure that even remotely interests me is Trap Jaw. The concept characters set is pretty neat, but they mostly looked like random kit bashed customs. They're cool, I'm glad they exist, but they're not for me.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am

I'm thrilled with the Filmation and MOTUC stuff. The "vintage" stuff I can pass on, because I gave away my old stuff before I moved back to England. (And I think the MOTUC stuff is superior in every respect except for the lack of soft goods.). But for those who want them, I'm very happy they'll be getting something they've long wanted.

What annoys me is how much PowerCon is putting out. They'd better bloody well let non-attendees order a couple of each set. I've got to make some cloth capes and a waistcoat, and I'll want back-ups in case I botch them. Having said that, I think PowerCon is getting too much say in what gets made. Not that I don't want everything shown this year, but I'd rather not have to jump through the convention hoops. I'd rather get them straight from the official licensee.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:12 am

Agreed --- I think PC has a little too much muscle with the line --- but as long as their exclusives are oddball variants or concept characters, I'm okay with that. The minicomics characters I don't feel quite as good about --- I know a lot of folks would like them in their collections. Personally they're not high on my list. I saw someone "speculating" that Power Con was going to have Stridor as an exclusive this year, in which case I would have been starfruit.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sat May 06, 2017 8:00 am

Pre-orders are up!

You can order extra individual figures upon ordering the set of four.

Masters of the Universe Classics Club Grayskull - Set of Four (Pre-Order) $ 139.99
https://www.super7store.com/collections ... -pre-order

Masters of the Universe Classics Collector's Choice - Set of Four (Pre-Order) $ 139.99
https://www.super7store.com/collections ... -pre-order

TBH, $139.99 for four figures isn't terrible... a better deal than the Power Con exclusives. The $50 shipping is going to be a killer, I wish they had a cheaper alternative. I can wait 7-10 days to get my package if it'll save $25. Still, it works out to about $45 per figure, which is what I assumed the initial cost per fig would be. I'm not sure how long the pre-orders are up for, but I'm waiting to hear information on a payment plan. I've already e-mailed them about it. Splitting it up over 4-5 months would be a little better for me.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat May 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Yep, I ordered mine! One full set of each and an additional Hawke to make a Delora. So glad they did individual figure orders.

Also glad that I'm not the only person who still drops by here! Haven't seen anything posted in months!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com