MOTU Ultimates

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

MOTU Ultimates

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:55 am

So, anyone else order any of the Ultimates?

I left out the He-Man, because I've got all the variations of him already, But I got one of each of the others, plus a second Teela. Was contemplating getting a second Ram-Man for customising purposes, but things were getting pricey enough as it was. Five figures plus international shipping came to $255 (about £204).

On the upside, enough people complained that Super7 is now looking to get a better deal on shipping, and will refund the difference.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Re: MOTU Ultimates

Postby dayraven » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:00 am

i am a sucker, and i pulled the trigger on faker and a he-man. faker, you'll laugh, but i love the fakerized vintage head, and since i treat faker like a race hero, i've bought several and use other blue characters as additional members of his gar posse. so yeah, i did that...

and he-man i primarily got because i want an anti-eternia he-man but refuse those after market markups... so 35 bucks by comparison is not so bad, and again, i get the vintage head which i friggin love. there's a shapeways creator, i think mike mcevil, who has a unique rune sword design that was intended for king grayskull, but he did it in a black and red AEHM scheme too w/ slightly altered deco
http://www.shapeways.com/product/57356J ... d=60206199
that would look damned fine in the grip of a homemade AEHM.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:33 am

Neat! I may get one of those swords in red sometime. There's a part of me which thinks there should be more red on AEHM. Red harness, red weapons, red boots and loincloth.

And, yeah, the big draw for me on Ultimate Faker was the Vintage head and black belt / vambraces.

I hope they do a Millennial Ram-Man at some point. New shoulder pads, and all that.

Any thoughts on what you'd like to see, should the "Ultimates" line continue? I'm rooting for:
- Mini-Comics Tri-Klops with stripy wife-beater and ornate boots
- Mini-Comics "X-Man" Trap-Jaw with key-lime-pie-coloured skin and "steel" accoutrements
- Mini-Comics Pink Teela
- Mini-Comics Pink Sorceress
- Webstor, with "corrected" forearms

. . . for starters
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:16 am

Green Goddess with non-exploding crotch
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Damn good idea!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:29 pm

I've got a list of variants that would go well in the "Ultimates" range, scattered throughout my old "Road Map." Maybe I should consolidate them and rearrange the list a bit, once we get an idea what Super 7 is planning for the future of the line.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Bigbot84 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:37 pm

I just want a Millennium inspired King Randor. Just not a fan of the Burger King version.
Bigbot84
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:17 am

Neat idea! I'll add that to the list!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 am

I will buy any/all Trap Jaw releases!!!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Filthy whore that I am, I ordered another Ram-Man and the He-Man just before the deadline expired. >Sigh<
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Return to MOTUClassics.Com