Thundercats: Club Third Earth

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Thundercats: Club Third Earth

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Thundercats Club Third Earth

ThunderCats™ Ho! Feel the magic, hear the roar! Those cool cats from the '80s series are back, and we’ve got the purrfect way to collect them all. Our Club Third Earth celebrates the hit animated series with four new figures, plus a subscription exclusive.

The price for figures is $30 each when shipped through a subscription. These figures will be $35 each when purchased during All Access on regular monthly sale days.

Club Figures:
Lion–O™ (09/16)
Jackalman™ (10/16)
Pumyra™ (11/16)
Panthro™ (12/16)
Club-exclusive: Mumm–Ra (11/16)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Re: Thundercats: Club Third Earth

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:47 pm

I didn't see any threads, so I figured I'd start one here. Anyone planning on subbing? The $30 price tag is quite steep... but not as bad as $35 on day of sale. I hope they don't price this one out. I'm somewhat on the fence, the only thing going for this sub right now is that there are only four main figures plus the exclusive figure. We're looking at paying about $44 per figure if you take into account tax & shipping. I may either choose a single ship option or see if I can get a nearby friend to go in on this with me, at least that way I can save a few dollars. The friend I'm in on Classics 2.0 and Collector's Choice isn't interested in these at all.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:06 am

No sign of Ssslythe or the Berzerkers, the only characters I wanted. I'm out for this year.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:05 am

I think subbing this year is a fairly safe bet for me. I want all the characters with the exception of Pumyra, but she could be a cool generic female cat person. Plus I guess I like to support the line, it would be a shame to have it not even get off the ground.

I'll be honest, I was never a huge TC fan, it was more of like a brief afterthought, following MOTU, Transformers, and G.I. Joe and before . For the short time that I did want to get TC figures, I wasn't allowed to collect the figures (well, I could have, but my mom made me choosebetween TC or MOTU). I did get Ssslythe for my birthday, so he has the distinction of being the one TC figure I ever did own (still got 'em!)
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:41 pm

i don't get those two statements prfkt... you aren't a fan of thundercats but subbing is a fairly safe bet? why is that, if you don't mind my asking?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:34 am

I donno... Maybe I shouldn't sub? LOL!

I still liked Thundercats and I do want the figures though. But maybe I should just pass on the line entirely and admire it from the sidelines?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 am

Just read on the MattyCollector forums that the prices are wrong. The sub figures will be $25, day-of-sale figures will be $30.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:37 am

they're taking orders (or not) with those prices listed... that's kind of an serious breach in protocol.

prfkt, man, i'm not calling you out or anything, or trying to get you to change your mind, i'm just curious about that sentiment because it didn't sound like you were really excited about the toys, but still planning to buy them. that's seemed odd to me, hence why i asked why. and if i might ask further, what else are you collecting right now, and are you enjoying those toys? [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:22 am

I was informed that the pages had been corrected, and refunds would be processed for those who signed up to the higher price
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:08 am

Beedo Sookcool wrote:I was informed that the pages had been corrected, and refunds would be processed for those who signed up to the higher price

Good, I know at some of the other boats I read, that price hike was a real interest killer. And it seemed completely arbitrary, the t cats don't look like any substantial upgrade over motuc that would justify a higher price point. Still reusing lots of parts
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com