Classics / Filmation 2.0

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Classics / Filmation 2.0

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:42 am

Okay, so it's up and available over at MattyCollector. Anyone else going for it? I've signed up for two, mainly for the Evilseed. I plan on doing a soft-goods robe for him, and want an extra in case I balls things up.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Re: Classics / Filmation 2.0

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:13 pm

I'm subbing up with my friend. The lower price point and character selection make it a no-brainer.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:04 pm

just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the new articulation? nice bonus, weird and janky, don't care?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:45 am

It's a nifty idea, but I'm going to wait and see how it turns out. "Final products may differ," and all that.

Would've been happier if they'd been doing that wrist articulation in MOTUC since the beginning, though.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:51 am

New articulation? At the wrists?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:37 am

Yeah. Looks like they're all getting the insert-moulded wrist treatment. At least, the ones we've seen so far have.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:48 pm

i believe they're getting ankle rockers back too. i swear i read that, but the protos they showed didn't really look like it. i can over how they worked out the ankle rockers for some of the females, that enabled a nice looking aesthetic and gave great range of motion (think BBTeela), i don't know for the life of me why those can't be the standard.

personally, the wrist disappoints me. the flexion/hyper extension range of motion is useless for a sword wielder, you want the radial and ulnar flexion like we got on NA he-man. they added articulation on the wrong plane. doesn't surprise at this point, just disappoints.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:43 am

Well, I got my two Filmation 2.0 He-Man figures today, and yes, the ankles are pretty bad (as in, they look bad, AND one of them is loose). Not only that, both figures have the left iris / pupil about twice the size of the right. The eyes should be easy enough to fix with a bit of paint (and some AD&D Mist-Glow White will make for a great Filmation Faker), but there's not much I can do with the ankles. Cheap-looking mould flash on the left vambrace. Mould lines on one side of the sword, blatant CHINA stamp on the other. >SIGH<
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:59 pm

i can honestly say i've never had mold flashing issues before. that's weird at this stage of the game. shame about the rest of the issues beedo. if you try the super glue trick with the ankle, my tip is to disassemble the joint pieces first, use the super glue like a layer of paint, and then reassemble. way safer than gluing the joint and keeping it moving while it cures. or you can try the nu-shine (or whatever liquid polymer car polish is available on your side of the pond) trick instead, i hear that works very nicely for tightening loose joints, essentially adding a layer of material, like the super glue does, but without the bonding issue potentially wrecking the articulation.

BTW, jealous jezebel that i am, i want photos! let's see what i passed on!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:17 pm

I got my sub figure on Friday when my friend brought it into work. Haven't opened him up yet though. My second figure was delivered yesterday too, gotta meet up with a buddy to pick him up.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to MOTUClassics.Com