Collectors' Choice 2016

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Collectors' Choice 2016

Postby PrfktTear » Mon May 16, 2016 5:02 pm

I cherry pick almost all other lines at this point from TMNT to Transformers, World of Nintendo, and SWB. I don't think I even owned a more complete collection of well, anything aside from this line.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue May 17, 2016 4:45 am

Well, I cherry-pick a bit as well, and I've got a Soundwave focus collection, but MOTUC is the only WHOLE LINE I care about.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Tue May 17, 2016 10:00 am

same here...

I have too many character focus collections... Soundwave is definitely one of them. Optimus Prime is as well, but I'm much more discriminating when it comes to Prime, like I passed on the Combiner Wars Prime for instance. I have somewhat of a Hound and Wheeljack collection budding, so I'm very tempted by their CW releases. Transformers was a lot easier to collect when deluxe class figures were $10-$12, not $15-$18. A few dollars can be the difference in perceived value of a toy and be the deciding factor if it's just a casual purchase or an "investment".
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:56 am

Got my Darii (3 of them) yesterday. Shouldn't be too hard to make a cloth cape for him. Some of the joints seem a bit loose, though. The other two look like decent custom fodder, at least.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:11 am

Anyone got their Night Stalkers / Sundar <shudder> set yet?

I was just curious if Sundar's <shudder> cape might be removable for easy soft-goods replacement.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Well, I must say, Sundar's <shudder> cape came off fairly easily with the old boiling-water technique. Unfortunately, it lay ina set of grooves permanently moulded into his armour. Now I just have to make a cape to cover up the grooves.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:02 am

Day-of-Sale Horde Wraith arrived. Just the Sub Wraith / Tuskador box and the Roton box, and I'm done with Matty forever.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:21 am

I finally opened my Wraith a couple days ago. Now I'm wishing I had two more.

I have two orders in the mail currently: Filmation Beastman (for a friend), 2 flight stand packs, and Stand-or. The other is the MOTU Giants He-Man and Giant Skeletor. My last Matty orders ever!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Well, my last shipment from Matty arrived today, after paying £100 in customs ransom. Tuskador is DAMNED impressive, except for the smears on his tusks, since they put him in his pack too tightly and too soon after painting. The Wraiths are nifty, but I don't like the two-toned eyes. I may repaint those with glow-in-the-dark yellow rave paints at some point.

And the Rotons . . . WOW. They look amazing and imposing, one with the canopy and one without. The Skelcons are neat (they need to do a two-pack of those, though). Main problem I have with the vehicles is the same problem people had with the Wind Raider: strange smears on them. Looks like the factory workers took it in turns to spit on the toys as they went down the assembly line. Definitely going to go over them with a warm, damp paper towel, I think. And I'm so glad they left out the clicking sound. That, and the cannons don't point straight ahead. They didn't place the sockets very well.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to MOTUClassics.Com