Collectors' Choice 2016

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Collectors' Choice 2016

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu May 05, 2016 3:09 pm

Just read that Darius will be delayed until June, and Night Stalker won't be coming until September. But I imagine $40 should cover it. (I sure hope it's not much more than that, because I've got three subs!)

Man, all these delays are not giving me confidence that the brand will survive much longer. We've had more delays in this one year than the brand has had in all its previous seven!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu May 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Yeah, this delay does not instill confidence in the longevity of this line... I'm kinda bummed because I was looking forward to getting my hands on Night Stalker... now we gotta wait!!! =(
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed May 11, 2016 7:37 am

Three Vultaks arrived today. All with wonky eyes. I chose the least-wonked for my display Vultak. Might try to correct 'em, but they're not too horrendously terrible. Maybe.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Wed May 11, 2016 2:28 pm

I got my hands on Vultak last week. I took him out of his mailer box but still haven't opened him yet. The googly eyes didn't hit me immediately, but now I'm definitely going to take another look tonight.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Thu May 12, 2016 3:45 pm

When does the club third earth stuff start arriving?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu May 12, 2016 6:22 pm

I was under the impression that it starts in July, but |I might be misremembering.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri May 13, 2016 10:21 am

that hasn't been jeopardized by all this schedule shuffling, has it? has anyone asked them?

i don't understand the schedule shuffling, except as a function of low priority in the production cycle, i assume largely because of the BvS figures... but man, mattel doesn't seem to have much else running at the moment in this category, so you'd think the one or two lines they're still offering would be kind of sacrosanct. apparently not!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri May 13, 2016 11:34 am

I dunno. Nobody seems to be running the show. Or if they are, they're keeping fully quiet.

There are rumors (panic) flying around at The Org and over on the MattyCollector forums that MOTUC is done for and there will be no 2017. There will be no SDCC exclusive. Also that there will be no more Thundercats. No Snake Mountain. And that MattyCollector itself is done for. I hope none of that is the case. We've heard panic-mongering before, but I have to say, this feels different. With the quality taking nosedive, with the lack of communication and nobody apparently taking charge, this does, in fact, seem like the end is nigh.

I'm going to keep supporting the line as long as it's offered. I'll try to get every last item they make (barring the pointless PowerCon color variants). I'm in it until the very end. And I just hope the end is a couple more years away, at least. But even my optimism is waning.

We shall see, at any rate . . . .
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon May 16, 2016 10:33 am

If this is the final year for Matty, then so be it. I was hoping to get another year or two out of MOTUC proper, the bi-monthly sub was actually perfect fit, and I think I could have gone on for another year or two. I'll be gutted if we never get a proper Stridor, especially with the mold already have been made. I guess I hope we at least get Nightstalker and Roton this year...
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon May 16, 2016 4:36 pm

I won't lie -- I'll be devastated if it is. MOTUC is the last line I give a crap about. Without that . . . . I dunno.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com