King Hiss Snake Torso Screwjob

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: King Hiss Snake Torso Screwjob

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:21 am

Well, see, that's where things get muddled. If you have a Vintage set and a Millennial set and a MOTUC set, you can have three Castles Grayskull. I think in these cases, the proper name is actually considered an adjective modifying the title / building / whatever. And if you have, say, Tatooine redneck Luke standing next to Jedi Luke, you'd have two Lukes Skywalker.

That's how I learned it, anyway. Then again, my memory not being what it was, I may be misremembering.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:22 pm

I can't believe I'm participating in this madness... but if its a proper name, like Castle Grayskull, wouldn't it be Castle Graykulls same as Luke Skywalkers?
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:57 am

I believe the second name is considered the modifier of the first noun. That's just how I remember the rule, is all. And as I've said, my memory ain't so reliable these days.

Getting vaguely back to the topic at hand, though: I don't know if any of you also have the news art book, but in that surprisingly gory "Powers of Grayskull" battle scene, there's another Bipedal-Hydra-type character walking about (actually, getting chopped into pieces by a dude wielding a pretty big axe). I've already got a custom 9-headed Hssss torso, so if I can't bag the new version, it's no catastrophe. But if I can, he could be a wholly separate character . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:22 am

Cool... I'll have to look for it. I've only thumbed through the book a few times but every time I do it's like it's for the first time.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 am

i'm almost embarassed to admit, but i haven't got the book yet. mattel has done that much damage to my love of motu. i know, i know, i need the damned book...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:11 am

Gotta say, it's a nifty book, DR. I don't think you'll be disappointed, unless you were hopping for Shokoti to pop out of it and physically pleasure you.

As for the Preternia Battle Scene, the second Bipedal Hydra Dude is question is way on the left side of the picture, getting multiple beheadings. I think he's wearing blue tights.

Seriously, that is one grim piece of artwork for a kids' toyline! Rattlor's biting someone so hard that blood is exploding from the poor guy's chest. There's a giant snake about to eat a wizard . . . and with what looks like a struggling, human-shaped bulge half-way down its gullet already. Tung Lashor's got some poor bastich down on the ground and looks like he's about to insert something large and blunt into the guy's eye-socket. Tytus is crushing one Turbodactyl like a used newspaper and smacking another one out of the sky. Two Megator-like giants (who are actually pale blue) are smashing a village and one of them is kicking a villager over the horizon. Cybersaurs are shooting at each other and the resultant explosions are looking a bit too liquid to be solely composed of fire.

If I'd seen that as a kid, I might've been traumatised!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:56 pm

sounds like my kind of drawing. i like a lot a more mature he-man.

i don't think i'll be disappointed in the book, i've just been slow to react to it's existence because of burnout. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:10 pm

It's a really nice book. I'd recommend it to any fan. I kind of deny the existence of that Power & Honor Foundation book and the one Mattel made available to like ten people and Scalp-Or at SDCC a few years back.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:26 am

why would you deny the P&HF book? the few folks i know who own it love it, it's incredibly thorough.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:01 am

Probably the same reason I do: offensively cliquey in a "You can't have one, nyah nyah-nyah nyah nyaaaaah nyah." kind of way.

They wanted to raise more funds, they should make more of those available. I won't cough up money for those exclusive figures, but if that book is as good as people say, I'd buy one of those.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to MOTUClassics.Com