Rotar/Twistoid

Discuss all your favorite eras of Masters of the Universe here - Classics, MO2K, Princess of Power, New Adventures, & the Vintage Line!

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Rotar/Twistoid

Postby PrfktTear » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:14 am

My SDCC mule came through for me this year and my care package arrived last Friday!!!

The last couple years I've been on the fence about whether or not to ask him to pick up Matty figures for me at SDCC. When the line was still young, it was a no-brainer because I always felt like there was a chance I might not get them for sale on MattyCollector, but I think by SDCC '11 with Vykron and moving forward they were pretty easily available online. Still, it's neat knowing that my exclusives were actually from SDCC and not just shipping from their distribution center. Anyhoo...

I didn't have much enthusiasm for Rotar/Twistoid, to be honest they just weren't on my radar. Now that I actually have them in hand they're pretty neat, and while I never had the vintage figures it's pretty cool to have them added to the MOTUC line-up! I had more fun opening these guys than I did Multi-Bot, so I think that's saying something.

I think the game changer on these is the fact that they included the legs. Of course depending on how your're planning on displaying them, with legs or on their "top" stands, the legs could be superfluous and I suspect a lot will just end up in spare parts bins or custom fodder.

The tops are attached to the bottoms the same way King Hsss, Extendar, and Mermista are, so nothing new there. One minor gripe is that the pegs are extremely tight. I had to call upon the power or Grayskull to pull mine off. I guess better too tight than too loose, but I'm also afraid of breakage if I use too much force. Maybe down the line if Matty offers them on Black Friday at a discount I'd consider picking up a second set to display both ways.

The accessories add a lot of play value, in addition to the legs and the top stands they also have weapons (axe with ball & chain, scythe, a "whirling" gears sword, and gears. The sword and gears double as stands as well which add to the display options which I like.

I do wish they included some instructions or illustrations on how to use everything. Maybe I'm just dumb but I had to think for a moment about what to do with everything. I even went to YouTube to seek out a Pixel Dan video but he hasn't got one up yet.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Re: Rotar/Twistoid

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:23 am

Oh, I hope there are enough to go around on the post-con sale. I hope to get two sets, for the obvious display potential.

And thank you so much for verifying that the rotary weapons can be used as stands! Excellent!
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:04 pm

I hope they do! I'm very tempted to pick up a second set when they go up.

Another thing thats really cool --- the heads can be turned around and the backs of the helmets resemble faces, almost like they're in "armored mode" --- I'm not sure if this is a holdover from the vintage figures (which if I recall correctly didn't have head articulation) or a little added bonus, but it's cool and if you like it can add yet another layer to how these guys can be displayed.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:55 am

The original figures, whilst not having neck articulation, had that mirroring-the-face trick, mainly so the figures would be fairly balanced.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby He-Mullet » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:16 am

Just ordered my set of them... So I guess I'll seee them in a month or so...
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Glad you got a set! Apparently folks were having trouble today! Some weren't even aware the sale date was today. They put out announcements on Facebook & Twitter on Friday and I'm fairly certain they had announced it prior to that.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:The original figures, whilst not having neck articulation, had that mirroring-the-face trick, mainly so the figures would be fairly balanced.

Okay cool, so maybe not intentional but it looks neat, IMO.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Man, am I glad I "had to do some photocopying" around 5:00 p.m. GMT. Got in, ordered my Rotar & Twistoid 2-Packs, and one more pack of Hover Robots to put in with The Evil Horde. Had I waited to order until I got home, I would have been starfruit out of luck!
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Return to MOTUClassics.Com