DC Total Heroes

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

DC Total Heroes

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Wasn't the big selling point on these things the low MSRP? Then why has TRU, the only store in my area to carry them, raised the price by 50% in the last couple weeks? The showed up a couple months ago at $9.99, and I was tempted to get the Batman just to see how it was. But then a few weeks later they were $11.99, and I was less tempted, and now they're $14.99. Which is the same price that Target and Walmart were charging for DCUC when the line ended. Total Heroes was supposed to be a low cost line to help entice parents to buy, keeping the price below $10 by featuring massive parts reused, less articulation, and less detailing and paint.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: DC Total Heroes

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:41 pm

Dude! Toy prices are going up every second!!! [smile]
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Ideal » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:30 pm

you really can't fault a toy line for the prices that Toys R Us has them selling for. any time i walk in that store, i expect anything i see to be anywhere between $2 - $5 more than any other store, and perhaps even more
Ideal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:20 am

TRU is the only place around me that's selling them, and they had them for the original $9.99 price for a while. It's the jump in price that startled me more than anything. The line was sold to the public as being kid/parent-friendly in its pricing, that DCUC couldn't continue because parents wouldn't spend $15-20 a pop on action figures.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum