CIE subscriptions raised postage...

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: CIE subscriptions raised postage...

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:03 am

Yeah, it's a pain, Tim (welcome aboard, by the way), that's for sure.

I'm having serious doubts about continuing my collecting hobby, not just from Mattel (although they're the biggest contributor to the doubts), but overall. Because more than $20 for a figure + shipping to England + customs, VAT, & clearance charges = a lot of moulee-rah.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby timh_iat » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Beedo Sookcool wrote:Yeah, it's a pain, Tim (welcome aboard, by the way), that's for sure.

I'm having serious doubts about continuing my collecting hobby, not just from Mattel (although they're the biggest contributor to the doubts), but overall. Because more than $20 for a figure + shipping to England + customs, VAT, & clearance charges = a lot of moulee-rah.

I hear you about the cost. Even in the US, with better shipping rates, it adds up.

For statues, which have always been out of my price range, I collect the images, downloaded from the web, in lieu of actually buying the statue. I have a complete "collection" of Marvel Bishoujo statues that way.

In the USA, you can buy Marvel Universe 3.75 from Hasbro directly (sometimes you just have to wait a few months for the figure to hit Hasbro's online store) and if you order more than $50, the shipping is free domestically. But it can be a long wait, and even Hasbro has sellouts--I got my Rogue/Longshot/Wolverine 3-pack because on a Saturday night I accidentally clicked the website from my bookmark menu and saw the 3-pack back in stock.

There's always the online JPEG images--without the price guilt!

-Tim
timh_iat
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Ebonhorn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:02 pm

I don't know what happened, but Tim I deleted your first post in this thread and I'm sorry about that. A mod didn't delete it on purpose he deleted it on accident.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:30 pm

:lol: All that power...

Welcome to the boards, Tim!
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby timh_iat » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:10 pm

With great power comes great responsibility!

You don't suppose Ebonhorn was simply consumed by megalomania when he "accidentally" deleted my lovely, painstakingly worded, rife with literary allusions original post?

:twisted:
timh_iat
Ensign
Ensign

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Ebonhorn doesn't get to Mod much. He may just need to stretch out his buttons everyonce in awhile. [smile]
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum