Man of Steel - Movie Masters

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Man of Steel - Movie Masters

Postby twofisted » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:02 am

Ok....so far I have Superman, Jor-El, Zod and armored Zod. I THINK all I need is Faora right? I know theres a couple of repacks and a Comic Con box. Has anybody heard anything about any other figures coming out?
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:10 pm

There are two versions of Superman, one with the Kryptonian Command Key and one without. There are also two versions of unarmored Zod, one in manacles and one not. In both cases, the versions without the extra accessories are much more common. There's a black costumed Superman that was announced at SDCC as being out "soon." Still no Amy Adams, though.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Freefire » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:52 am

I thought I saw a preview for a fully armormed Kryptonian, with the helmet on, but that may have been a different line.
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Armored Zod comes with a helmet. It's removable. Maybe you saw a pic with the helmet on?
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby twofisted » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:51 pm

I've been looking on Amazon for the remaining figures. Does anybody know if the extra accessory figures have different head sculpts than their non accessory counterparts? At least looking at Amazon they seem to have different heads. My guess is the sellers are using pics from the initial sculpts in their listings. I want to make sure before I buy anything online. I dont really care about the accessories, BUT if there are head variants....I'd want to grab them.

Its amazing how we're only talking about 5 figures and Mattel cant just release them in equal numbers!! Guess they're not interrested in making money off of the movie. Then they'll tell us the line didnt sell well so they wont be making any other figures from the movie.
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby JamesLynch » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 pm

twofisted wrote:Guess they're not interrested in making money off of the movie. Then they'll tell us the line didnt sell well so they wont be making any other figures from the movie.

That's how it usually goes. At any rate, aside from the occasional un-armored Zod, Man of Steel Movie Masters are history in my area.

The head sculpts are the same regardless of the accessories. Come on, like Mattel would spend the money to create unique parts when they didn't absolutely have to?
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Previous

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum