Man of Steel - Movie Masters

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Man of Steel - Movie Masters

Postby Freefire » Mon May 06, 2013 2:03 pm

I found Superman and Zod at Target this weekend. I have to say that the Superman is figure Awesome. Seriously, as a Superman fan (he's my favorite) they knocked it out of the park. The likeness for Henry Cavill is dead from what I can tell. The figure has good weight to it, feels solid. The paint job on the costume is good, no real messes that I've been able to see. The blue is slightly pearlized and is a nice deep blue compared to the kinda dark blue it looks like in the movie. The red is also nice level of brightness. Articulation is great, the only thing it seems to be missing from DCUC level is the ab crunch. (And rocker ankles.) Honestly I have zero negative things to say about it. If I had to, no accessories for a $15.99 figure? Well it did come with an S shield stand... Anyway, now I need to hunt down a Dark Night Rises Batman so they can hang.

Zod on the other hand is disappointing. The head sculpt is way off from Michael Shannon. The body is basically Superman's without the cape and completely black. I think it would have been much cooler had he been in his full armor as I've seen in commercials. Jor El wasn't there but it appears from the picture on the back of the package he does have armor. I didnt actually pick Zod up, thats just my impression from the store.
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Man of Steel - Movie Masters

Postby JamesLynch » Sat May 11, 2013 10:11 pm

You know pretty soon DC fans are going to start bitching that they want the Superman figure released in a "Super Powers" light blue. [grin]

There's another Zod on the way though, right? I'm pretty sure, one in full battle armor. This guy, right:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19273706
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Freefire » Mon May 13, 2013 11:47 am

Oh that is sweet! I'll be on the look out for it, thanks!
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:54 pm

I keep picking up a Supes to put with my DKR figures, but I just can't pull the trigger and put him back everytime.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:13 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:I keep picking up a Supes to put with my DKR figures, but I just can't pull the trigger and put him back everytime.

Same exact situation with me. I'll probably finally pull the trigger once I find a Zod in battle armor. That thing looks sweet, even if I know nothing about their version of the character and have rock bottom expectations for the movie.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Freefire » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Whats making you indecisive? You dont like the figure or maybe arent behind this version of Superman yet? I think the figure makes the GL Movie Masters look like a pile of puke.
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Freefire wrote:Whats making you indecisive? You dont like the figure or maybe arent behind this version of Superman yet? I think the figure makes the GL Movie Masters look like a pile of puke.

Well, yes, but then a pile of puke makes the GL Movie Masters look like a pile of puke.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the costume, and two of the as-yet-harder-to-find figures are the ones that really appeal to me, Armored Zod and Faora (even though, compared to her actress, the Faora figure looks positively manish). I don't want to spend full price on the figure I least want before I'm even able to find the two that I do. I'm sure finding those two will push me over the edge on Supes himself, but for now, he's not a must-have, and will undoubtedly be very plentiful for long to come.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:52 pm

. . . and the GL movie makes the GL Movie Masters look like masterpieces!!!
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby JamesLynch » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:39 pm

The Walmart near my parents' house had a ton of MoS MMs today. They had both versions of Superman (first release and second, "With Kryptonian Command Key!" release) and a large number of Jor-Els (I thought this guy was supposed to be rare?). While I'm not a Russel Crowe fan, the armor's cool and detailed enough that I bought it. I wish it had a cape, though. No Faroas or Armored Zods in sight.

I have mixed feelings on the Superman figure. He's not as beefy as I expected, or maybe that's just from the head being oversized. Movie Supes had some bulk to him, and the figure looks a little skinny next to TDK Batman. I also think the articulation needed to be better executed, especially the waist. Part of the whatever appeal the movie suit had came from its streamlined, unbroken look, and they go and slash with through all the piping and crap for the waist cut.

Jor-El is what he is. He's a well sculpted set of armor topped with a sleepy-looking, passable likeness of an actor I'm not much of a fan of.

Now that I've seen the movie though, I'm a little ticked there's no Lois Lane figure. I want an Amy Adams for my shelf, goddammit!
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Freefire » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:09 pm

I would definitely love an Amy Adams Lois! I loved that they cast her for the part.
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum