DC Collectibles 1:18th line

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

DC Collectibles 1:18th line

Postby zedhatch » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

OK didn't see a thread for this line, so thought I would start one. Thoughts, like, want, hate, what.
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: DC Collectibles 1:18th line

Postby zedhatch » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Speculation is over and they have finally arrived. So what is the verdict on DC's attempt at 3 & 3/4 inch. Follow the link and find out.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/gads/gads.html

Don't forget to like Scale Wars on Facebook for more updates on Scale Wars and other exclusive content. Link at bottom of the page.
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 am

These look pretty good, and if I were a comics fan I'd probably scoop em all up. But for me they're a little too much in this weird middle ground between classic iconic look and modern reinterpretation. Think I'd prefer either DCUC miniaturized or a full on modern take a la 30th Joes for example.

Great pics and overview zed!! [smile]
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby zedhatch » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 am

Thanks, I notice when a new line hits there is a ton of mis-information about it so I just try to cut through the BS. Just got Grundy and WW today, both are good (but WW could use some accessories). Grundy you have to be careful with as he feels a bit brittle. More later.
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby zedhatch » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:05 am

Wonder Woman and Solomon Grundy get a look at this time. Enjoy.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/wwgru ... rundy.html
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby twofisted » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:16 pm

I also wish DC Collectibles would have started their 3 3/4" line with their comic accurate styled characters and not these game designed figures. I just do not like the character designs for the video game. I've never been a gamer so I couldnt care less about a Mortal Combat game with DC characters. What frustrates me the most, is that if the game dosent perform well....OR the action figure line dosent perform well DC will scrap any future 3 3/4 figures plans.

DC should have started with a few waves of New 52 styled figures and THEN worked on releasing the video game styled figures. The whole thing is bass ackwards
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby zedhatch » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:25 am

That's the major thing I really don't get about the line myself. I think they do have a huge chance here to open up the DCC market to a new audience and they are blowing it. I get the idea of having media support but most of DCC hasn't had that kind of media support to begin with.

Although it appears that they are arriving in Gamestop stores, so maybe that was the motivation, who knows.
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum