Batman Unlimited 2013

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Batman Unlimited 2013

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:05 am

Sweet! He's a nice looking Batman!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby DrRampageo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:58 pm

DKR is best Batman
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:14 pm

I can't say my interest in the figure extends much beyond the fact that he's in scale with MOTUC --- but he's still a neat looking guy on his own!
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Mon May 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Still looking for DKR Bats. Seen the injustice one but not this. Usually see stuff when plan not to buy a thing. Not helping and not seen any new stuff at Meijers. Still wave 16 of DCUC hanging around there and mostly Creeper and Mercury and that Cycletron that looks to fighting its way out of the plastic tray each time I see it.

Expect to see DKR Bats at a toy show for $20 and will snag it.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Mon May 13, 2013 5:34 pm

My local comic shop has DKR Batman and DCnU Wonder Woman for $22 a piece, and they have plenty of them in stock. I know I've seen them sell out of WW at least once, but they're the largest comic shop in southeastern Wisconsin, so they tend to order pretty heavy.

Which is hilarious, because a couple years ago, the owner was basically refusing to order DCUC, since they'd have to sell them for $20 or more just to make it worthwhile, and figured they couldn't compete with the prices at Walmart and TRU. Luckily, the manager (yes, this store is big enough to have a manager aside from the owner) likes to go behind the owner's back, and actually listened to customers' complaints about the price of DCUC going up at retail and the poor distribution. If it weren't for them, I'd have never gotten my hands on a Superboy Prime. Too bad Diamond shorted them on their Red Robin order, so I never got one of those.

DC/Batman Unlimited seems to be better distributed than DCUC often was, though, as I've seen every Unlimited figure at retail at least once, and many of them quite often.

But I do get a 20% discount on everything I buy at the comic shop, so buying there is still worthwhile. Plus I'm supporting a local business. That's where I got my DCnU Batgirl.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

After hemming and hawing and mulling it over, I finally bought a DKR Batman from BBTS to go along with my MOTUC figures. (If Superman keeps getting MOTU crossovers, why not Batman? They could mistake him for a Horde member or something, and hilarity ensues.)

Pretty dang cool toy, irritating packaging, and I wish they'd stop molecularly-bonding capes to the figures. Can anyone verify that the usual boiling-water technique will loosen DKR Batman's cape enough for me to remove it relatively cleanly?
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Fri May 24, 2013 12:33 am

Beedo Sookcool wrote:After hemming and hawing and mulling it over, I finally bought a DKR Batman from BBTS to go along with my MOTUC figures. (If Superman keeps getting MOTU crossovers, why not Batman? They could mistake him for a Horde member or something, and hilarity ensues.)

Pretty dang cool toy, irritating packaging, and I wish they'd stop molecularly-bonding capes to the figures. Can anyone verify that the usual boiling-water technique will loosen DKR Batman's cape enough for me to remove it relatively cleanly?

if that works, please let me know... i've tried everything short of c4 and that cape is still sound as a pound. i HATE the cape, other than that, i LOVE the figure
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri May 24, 2013 12:55 am

Okay, will do, DR. I was hoping someone would've answered that by now, but it looks like I'll have to take one for the team and be the one experimenting on cape removal this time.

I know it took quite a while and patience to get King He-Man's cape off. I'll see what happens with Bats, here, when I get the chance . . . .
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 pm

The last time I removed a MOTU cape was Sir Laser Lot and that required some tearing.

Did you ever have any luck?
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Haven't gotten around to Batman yet. I got King He-Man's cape off with only a little damage to the cape, but a fair amount of raggedy glue all over the place. Took quite a while and a lot of hot water and patience. When I get around to Batman (probably next week), I'll let you guys know the results.
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum