Wave 14 (Ultra Humanite) Thread

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: DC Classics

Postby MoMoney » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:21 pm

Okay, so we're gonna see Wave 14 early next week via ToyFare magazine. More than likely, it's...

Green Lantern
Obsidian
Hourman
Gold
Kamandi
Zatanna
Tyr

Do you think we're right? Who do you think the variants will be? My vote is a 50:50 Perez/tuxeo split of Zatanna, and the other variant will either be Hourman or Green Lantern (and only if Green Lantern ends up being Kyle Rayner - personally, I think he'll be Alan Scott).
Just sayin'.
MoMoney
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Ebonhorn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:29 pm

MoMoney wrote:Okay, so we're gonna see Wave 14 early next week via ToyFare magazine. More than likely, it's...

Green Lantern
Obsidian
Hourman
Gold
Kamandi
Zatanna
Tyr

Do you think we're right? Who do you think the variants will be? My vote is a 50:50 Perez/tuxeo split of Zatanna, and the other variant will either be Hourman or Green Lantern (and only if Green Lantern ends up being Kyle Rayner - personally, I think he'll be Alan Scott).

If it is zatanna, I bet she does get a variant. I'm actually hoping the variant is Seven Soldiers Zatanna. Now I'm thinking green lantern is Alan Scott. So with that in the know, I'm betting we get an hourman variant. I'm hoping it's matt tyler as the variant and we get rick tyler released as a separate release. You know what hoping brings us.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 pm

MoMoney wrote:Do you think we're right? Who do you think the variants will be? My vote is a 50:50 Perez/tuxeo split of Zatanna, and the other variant will either be Hourman or Green Lantern (and only if Green Lantern ends up being Kyle Rayner - personally, I think he'll be Alan Scott).

-I do think the list is right since all the numbers match up.
-I'm hoping for the 50/50 to be Zatanna and her two main costumes (and hopefully the tux will have heels and not boots)
-I think Alan Scott will anchor the wave.
-I think the 30/70 variant will be Obsidian in a shadow form*

*The 70/30 variants usually blow. Personally, I'd love a Kamanda/Tommy Tomorrow, but that's a pipedream. The 70/30 variants generally aren't unique characters or have much more tooling than a new head. I think a phasing Obsidian is most likely.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:20 pm

What's the rumored C&C for this one?

Looks like I'll be able to skip several of these, thanks in no small part to the set in stone 15 bone price point.

Have to get Gold to go with Iron.
Have to get Zatanna because she's a 4H female figure. :razz:

Will probably want Alan Scott to go with my GLs, but then I'd kinda want to get Hourman, too.

Not doing the SP thing really gung-ho, so Tyr is a pretty easy pass, in theory.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:34 pm

Ultra-Humanite is the frontrunner for the C&C. Elasti-Girl and Starro are the other two high rumors to round out 2010.

NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Would Elasti-Girl be a partial Giganta retool?

I might be tempted by that . . .

And then since I already have Robotman, then I'd need Negative Man from 13. [dead]
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby MoMoney » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:-I do think the list is right since all the numbers match up.
-I'm hoping for the 50/50 to be Zatanna and her two main costumes (and hopefully the tux will have heels and not boots)
-I think Alan Scott will anchor the wave.
-I think the 30/70 variant will be Obsidian in a shadow form*

*The 70/30 variants usually blow. Personally, I'd love a Kamanda/Tommy Tomorrow, but that's a pipedream. The 70/30 variants generally aren't unique characters or have much more tooling than a new head. I think a phasing Obsidian is most likely.

You may be right about Obsidian. He could be in shadow or translucent form. Also, if you look at the presentation boards for Obsidian's figure for the fourth wave of Super Powers, they debated making him with a white face instead of a black one, so that could be a variant, too.

I'm about 95% confident that the GL will be Alan. It makes too much sense given Obsidian's inclusion. Although, I wouldn't consider him the anchor. I personally don't think that the waves necessarily have anchors anymore. Wave twelve shows that.
Just sayin'.
MoMoney
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Ebonhorn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 pm

yeah I don't think their anchors anymore...but their is key character and his nemesis. Spectre and Eclipso.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:04 pm

Yeah... I still call them anchors, but in truth it's just part of the play pattern.

I'm really excited for this wave. I really expect to like Gold. I hope Zatanna is done well (even though her leg artic is prolly gone). Tyr and Kamandi should be nice. I'm not as excited about Rex, Alan, and Todd - but they'll all be good figures.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Prolly shouldn't start circulating an image of the rumor list, so let's try and keep this here for now...

This is what I expect...

NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Next

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum