DC Direct is now DC Collectibles

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: DC Direct is now DC Collectibles

Postby Scissors » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Exactly! I've traded in most of my DC Direct figures where I can, for fear of more of them disintegrating before my eyes. So far, I have:

Hush Harley Quinn, elbow peg practically melted on the second day out of the box. Arm fell to the table when I woke up.

Hush Joker, shoulder peg snapped and arm fell off.

Crisis Huntress, head peg snapped after falling forward. Not off a shelf, mind you, just forward on to the table.

Silver Age Catwoman, shoulder peg disintegrated for no reason.

Warlord figure, both knee joints started giving out after a few years. They just turned wobbly and stopped supporting the figure after a while. Spear also snapped.
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby dayraven » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 pm

This dude is awesome! He's huge, but there's a lot more to him than mass. His articulation is easily on par with a marvel select, far surpassing the usual DCC fig. A ball neck, ball shoulders, swivel biceps and waist, peg and hinge wrists, knees, elbows, and ankles. The ankles are the "foot in a shoe" style post ankle that we've seen like in marvel legends. The knees are pegged upwards into the thigh so they swivel as well as the hinge. There's the ab crunch clearly, and then he has a ball peg and hinge hip that has discs in the thigh section and a ball socketed into the pelvis. The thigh tops are rounded a bit so you get the full range of extension in the hips. As y'all can see the sculpt texturing is just insane. The foot and wrist wraps are gorgeous and dirty looking. His claws and scales look fantastic.

I have two complaints though, the first being his right hip. The disc is great, but the ball in the pelvic socket is loose, creating what I lovingly refer to as his "disco leg." It does make him not perfectly stable when standing, which hurts as the rest of his articulation keeps his feet flat in a variety of action poses... The plus side is, while engaging in this photo shoot, he took two rumbles and is none the worse for the wear. The second issue are the teeth. It looks like his lips across the whole cut of his mouth were supposed to be wider, and the teeth within that rictus. However, during production somewhere, the sides of the grin got closed down, and whomever put the teeth back in, on top of the lips. It still looks kind of interesting from a distance, but up close it looks janky. That said, small nitpicks in an otherwise great fig.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:04 pm

waylon, meet sal. sal, this is waylon.

scale vs sculpted scale
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:43 pm

I was annoyed when, minutes after opening my DCC "Arrow" two-pack, a ton of the paint on GA's left hand was scraped off in the attempt to get the bow into it. It took about ten minutes and way too much effort to make that happen. Apparently the hand was molded in flesh color and then painted green. 95% of the figure is green, why wouldn't they mold it in green? There are also problems with the paint coming off of Deathstroke in several places, from minor posing.

But now I'm just pissed, because a few minutes ago, the right arm of the Deathstroke figure snapped off. That's complete crap. I bought it from a small local shop that has a no-returns-on-open-figures policy. I've messaged DC Collectibles, so we'll see if they do anything. More than likely, I'm just out half the cost of the two-pack. The irony there is that I didn't even want Deathstroke, but it was the only way to get GA, and I ponied up $40 for the set, so to have these kinds of problems is pretty aggravating. If DCC doesn't do anything, I'm telling the LCS to cancel all my DCC preorders.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:41 pm

I couldn't help myself, I saw that Darkseid and Grail two peck of the icons line, and I looked at the price tag... then recalled I Lalit have no purchases of toys between the neca kratos due this monthand when the 2 pack is due and I placed my pre-order. I can't even believe how much I like that Darkseid and Grail looks like a bad b****. I needed a good Darkseid anyways, I have the dcsh one and just don't like him as much as I noted I would
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Previous

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum