DC Direct is now DC Collectibles

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: DC Direct is now DC Collectibles

Postby dayraven » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:37 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:I've completely stopped paying attention to DCD/DCC. It's such a far cry from them being the only company getting DC toys out there 15 years ago.

i was wondering why there was no review of the newly articulated arkham batman...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:35 pm

so, show of hands, who's investing in the new DCC crime syndicate crew? they're articulated!! i'm kinda of amazed, being who the manufacturer is and all... wonder if they'll turn out to be good toys?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Tekwych » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:22 pm

It's on my 'to be considered' list
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm not really a fan of the Crime Syndicate, so while the figures look to be a step up for DCC, I'm not biting.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 am

Not biting on these in particular, but it's good to see these are going in a more collector-friendly direction.

If they ever get around to "fixing" or "filling" certain DCUC omissions I'd definitely be interested, but random DC characters aren't gonna get me.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:If they ever get around to "fixing" or "filling" certain DCUC omissions I'd definitely be interested, but random DC characters aren't gonna get me.

Part of the appeal, for me at least, of DCUC was the uniformity of the line. For example, the Birds of Prey are one of my most wanted teams, a team which, as far as I'm concerned, is getting its first real member of with Huntress later this month (the Black Canary figure they put out doesn't count to me, because it's poorly constructed and based off a crappy costume). Now, I could have gone to DC Direct/Collectibles and assembled all the team members. I could've gotten a modern Black Canary from their JLA line, Huntress from the Hush line, and maybe an Oracle from the BoP boxed set from years ago. But they wouldn't blend as a unit the way a DCUC set would. They're sculpted by too many different people based on interpretations of different artists' styles.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Scissors » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:47 am

I'm tempted by a lot of DC Dir... Collectibles' recent offerings, but I look at my shelf and remember how many of my DC Direct figures have fallen apart on their own, and I am tempted no more. :cry:
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Not even remotely interested. I won't buy New52 stuff from Mattel either. [smile]

Though, I did notice that while all the other characters had to undergo costume changes, ol' Earth-3 Hal Jordan costume must have just been too cool to mess with.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby timh_iat » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:47 pm

dayraven wrote:so, show of hands, who's investing in the new DCC crime syndicate crew? they're articulated!! i'm kinda of amazed, being who the manufacturer is and all... wonder if they'll turn out to be good toys?

I'm excited by the new Crime Syndicate Figs, especially Superwoman, Johnny Quick, Ultraman. Owlman's new costume is a step back from DCUC's 2010 cut. As for Power Ring, his costume looks good, but I'm having trouble acclimating to the anxiety-ridden Power Ring. He was the baddest and scariest of the CSA back in the day when Owlman was wearing a kooky bird's head cowl.

I can't accept that the new Power Ring is somebody who I could walk right up to and kick in the balls. "Go back to Earth 3, ya palooka."
timh_iat
Ensign
Ensign

Postby timh_iat » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Scissors wrote:I'm tempted by a lot of DC Dir... Collectibles' recent offerings, but I look at my shelf and remember how many of my DC Direct figures have fallen apart on their own, and I am tempted no more. :cry:

Heh, the arm of my green pants Artemis snapped off a few months ago when I breathed on it. New Frontiers WW's sword blade snapped off its hilt. I have an unmasked Babs as Batgirl whose forearm popped off its hinge and I keep it in place with poster-hanging putty.
timh_iat
Ensign
Ensign

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum