DC Direct is now DC Collectibles

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: DC Direct is now DC Collectibles

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:11 am

I did indeed nab a Dante's Inferno for just that purpose, and he's actually undergoing some customizing to some extent as well. [smile]

I will try to see about pics, but what they really want is a BIRD or three to hang out with. :cool:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 am

Lay Ze-Man wrote:I did indeed nab a Dante's Inferno for just that purpose, and he's actually undergoing some customizing to some extent as well. [smile]

I will try to see about pics, but what they really want is a BIRD or three to hang out with. :cool:

don't get me started... those birds should have been on the shelf already... and of course, the next round of girls, who were "ready to go into production" what happened w/ those?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 am

so, watching a preview review of the new 52 darkseid from mattel http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=20231 and i must say, having seen the kid's review of the dc collectibles one previously, and hearing his comments on this review, i don't know why anyone would snag this darkseid. like noisy has pointed out on certain DCU figs (rocket red amongst them) this seems like mattel half-assing a figure just to say they made one.

the dcc fig is not only head and shoulders taller, but just more accurate to the character's new size/scale/look (not saying that's necessarily good, but it is what it is.) has anyone here snagged this fig? how bad is the articulation really limited cuz in that kid's review, it didn't look very good. i'm a marvel select fan, especially of the bigger guys, does anyone know if there are any comparison shots between say juggy or the avengers hulk w/ this darkseid so i could get a sense of size? was the pricetag on the DCC version just so far out of line that they priced themselves out? it doesn't seem like he's gotten much buzz at all, and that certainly doesn't bode well for the upcoming arkham city grundy who is likewise stupid huge and retarded expensive.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby twofisted » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Bwahahaha! Thats hilarious. Lookit that liddle feller compared to the DCC version! I passed on the DCC Darkseid that i saw at my LCS. It was insane how heavy the thing was. I could have used it as a weapon to rob the shop. Since it was such a big ticket item, I believe my shop only carried one. Its gone now tho, so somebody snagged him
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:55 pm

it doesn't seem to me like something a lot of collectors would have room for though, in their budgets or on their shelves... he literally the size, and in the price range, of a small playset. gi joe has lots of vehicles smaller than that darkseid, and again, less pricey. but he does look like the new character, so really, if you WANT a nu52 darkseid, you really only have one choice.

i didn't know till then that the dcsh darkseid would prove larger than the motuc bucked one... how weird. you'd think mattel could have rolled out a darkseid on the brimstone/kilowog cnc buck and he's have been about the right size, charge an upcharge that still places him less than half the cost of the DCC one, and you'd have had a viable option that way... but that's not what they did. plus, their darkseid doesn't even have the costume right! easy pass here.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:55 pm

That would actually be pretty rad if it weren't Swamp Thing.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:That would actually be pretty rad if it weren't Swamp Thing.

it would... if 90 dollars for action figures just farted gently from my ass once a month. it's not a bad design, but it's not swamp thing, and it's certainly not 90 dollars worth of toy. what is with this company and these price points?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Beedo Sookcool » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Yikes. Whoever thinks up all these reboots needs a good swift kick squah in tha nootz.
". . . cross me, and you'll soon discover that beneath this playful, boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless, sadistic maniac."
- Lord Edmund Blackadder, from Blackadder II
Beedo Sookcool
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:51 pm

I've completely stopped paying attention to DCD/DCC. It's such a far cry from them being the only company getting DC toys out there 15 years ago.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum