DC Direct is now DC Collectibles

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

DC Direct is now DC Collectibles

Postby TSR » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 am

TSR
Commander
Commander

Re: DC Direct is now DC Collectibles

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 pm

They just don't seem like a company I need to watch anymore. Unless they make that Fate helmet...
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby PrfktTear » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:30 am

Zzzzzz...
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby dayraven » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:11 pm

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

they're friggin kidding, right? 75 bucks for darkseid? for reals? TNI has the MSRP listed as 89, that simply can't be right, right? are they friggin nuts? are the figs hand delivered by sofia vergara? WTF man! is he cast from platinum?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby twofisted » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:05 am

And you know all the comic shops will jack that price up a bit too. Unless its a HotToys 12" figure...theres nothing deluxe or special about Darkseid. Theres no reason to ask that much for an action figure. If i remember correctly i spent $40 for the DCD Mongul figure. And i believe he's the biggest DCD figure they ever put out. Mongul was also one of those hollow rotocast figures as well. So unless Darkseid is 4 ft tall with 200 points of articulation...i see our local comic shops maybe carrying one or 2 of them, and i doubt those will sell. Lemme think...i can either buy almost all of my monthly comic pull list.....OR but a Darkseid figure with prolly 5 POA
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:04 am

twofisted wrote:And you know all the comic shops will jack that price up a bit too. Unless its a HotToys 12" figure...theres nothing deluxe or special about Darkseid. Theres no reason to ask that much for an action figure. If i remember correctly i spent $40 for the DCD Mongul figure. And i believe he's the biggest DCD figure they ever put out. Mongul was also one of those hollow rotocast figures as well. So unless Darkseid is 4 ft tall with 200 points of articulation...i see our local comic shops maybe carrying one or 2 of them, and i doubt those will sell. Lemme think...i can either buy almost all of my monthly comic pull list.....OR but a Darkseid figure with prolly 5 POA

you know, now that we're getting images in from con, OK, darkseid's huge... like BAF size... but as you point out, he's looking, it appears, like 11 or 12 POA max... maybe less. so even if they were thinking "we'll charge what a BAF would cost" is BS since he's not BAF quality, just BAF size.

and on an entirely separate note, why? why is darkseid the size of a grain silo? is that necessary? being immortal and able to destroy planets on a whim and bitch slap superman in to the next solar system and run a planet devoted to your worship isn't enough? he also has to be hung like a sperm whale and be the size of a bucyrus shovel? really? what a dumb mother boxer.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby twofisted » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:41 pm

I don't mind paying BAF prices....as long as I get the 6-8 other figures that go with the BAF haha.
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby nanite » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:52 pm

I completely don't get the con-only 3 3/4" line, but it's all lanterns, so I also don't really care.

Now, if that impressive diorama is an actual product, and not just a display piece, then they have my attention.
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:30 pm

I picked up Azrael from the Arkham line. Never played the games so not sure as far as accuracy, but he's a cool figure with a great sculpt. The lack of waist articulation hurts him a lot, poses are fairly limited.

But he fits in nicely with my own ragtag group of figures I'm compiling to exist in the larger 4H Gothitropolis world. :cool:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:I picked up Azrael from the Arkham line. Never played the games so not sure as far as accuracy, but he's a cool figure with a great sculpt. The lack of waist articulation hurts him a lot, poses are fairly limited.

But he fits in nicely with my own ragtag group of figures I'm compiling to exist in the larger 4H Gothitropolis world. :cool:

have you tracked down the dante's inferno fig from NECA? he makes a fine addition to a goth display... and of course, we'll need photos of that display, at some point. no rush... but know that i won't go too long without asking for them. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Next

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum