2012 DC Line: "All-Stars"

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: 2012 DC Line: "All-Stars"

Postby nanite » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:16 pm

I still don't get why the double-jointed bucks disappeared after one wave.
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby Black Arbor » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Maybe it cost too much to pay the factory workers to put together double jointed limbs. :matty:
Black Arbor

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:41 pm

The double-joints came up right before the money crunch hit. So, as a result, only the pieces that needed new tooling got the double-joints and Matty never got around to tooling up new double joints on the regular bucks.

The double-joints are now just leftovers when pieces need to be re-used instead of being a useful feature on particular figures.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Ideal » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:50 pm

i grabbed Superboy Prime off of Amazon for pretty cheap the other day after finally accepting that i will never ever see these in a store.

i dont mind his size at all, but the head sculpt indeed turned out just as bad as it looked in early pictures. i swapped his head out with a DCSH wave 2 Superman. the flesh tones match up pretty well, but the hard angles on the face sculpt combine with the overly tall Superboy Prime body to make the figure even further from anything that can be considered superBOY.
Ideal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum