DC Universe: Club Infinite Earths

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

DC Universe: Club Infinite Earths

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:39 am

I wanted to detail how the subscription works for anyone that has questions. My thoughts about the subscription can be found here.

This is entirely based on my understanding of the description of the subscription published on Mattycollector.Com combined with my being a mostly happy MattyCollector subscriber for the last two years.

When you sign up for Club Eternia, you'll pay $30. Mattel calls this the "subscription fee", but it's essentially paying for the subscription exclusive figure upfront. In this case, it's an oversized* figure, hence the $30. Due to how Mattel handles these subscriptions, they will authorize your card for $45 plus shipping. That $45 includes the signup "fee" and the first figure in the sub, plus shipping. After however long your particular bank/credit card company drops authorizations and charges you, the amount will revert back to the $30 for the signup fee. It’s strange, but that’s how all the subscriptions I’ve signed up for at Mattycollector have worked over the last couple years. When I ordered the subscriptions for the IAT crew, the total was $120, but the authorization was a whopping $222.55. After a few days the extra $102.55 will fall off and we'll be left just paying for the "signup fee".

* - What constitutes oversized? Well, it's essentially replacing the Collect & Connect. These figures will come pre-assembled and are no longer subject to the height limit placed on the Collect & Connects. That doesn't mean they'll all be huge, but hopefully we can get some good ones that do the word oversized justice (while being properly scaled).

The Club Infinite Earths subscription is getting off to a later start than the others 2012 subs. It's currently scheduled to start in April 2012 and runs just nine months as opposed to a full year. If you purchase one, you'll pay the $30 now/soon and then begin the nine month wait until it begins. Around, April 10th or so, you'll be charged $15 for the April figure plus shipping. Then, from April 2012 to December 2012, there will be eight additional regular figures shipping monthly and three oversized figures shipping quarterly. Basically, something similar to this:

• Apr: $15 - Figure #1 (Atrocitus w/ Red Lantern Accessory)
  • May: $15 - Figure #2 (Jay Garrick)
  • Jun: $45 - Figure #3 (Thom Kallor, Starman VIII) & Oversize Figure #1
  • Jul: $15 - Figure #4
  • Aug: $15 - Figure #5
  • Sep: $45 - Figure #6 & Oversize Figure #2
  • Oct: $15 - Figure #7
  • Nov: $15 - Figure #8
  • Dec: $45 - Figure #9 & Oversize Figure #3

I want to stress that schedule is just a mockup. Based on my experience, the quarterly figures in MOTU do not always ship every third month (the last one tends to be early), but I’ve never seen them ship in consecutive months, so it shouldn’t differ too much. The Club Exclusive Oversized Figure that you pay for now will likely ship between Apr-Jun according to the signup page. Your shipping will depend on where you are located and if you have any other subs to combine it with.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

DC subscriptions anyone?

Postby twofisted » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:58 pm

I've read all the info on this new DC subscription thru Matty. I've only purchased a handfull of things from Mattycollector. Just DC stuff tho. I've read all the comlaints and horror stories about how Matty does business. I'm maybe the exception to the rule in that i've never really had a problem when buying from Matty.

I'm wondering if any of you are going to purchase a DC subscription. Just wondering if any of you out there with MOTU or Ghostbusters subscriptions feel its an ok deal? It is riddled with ordering problems? billing problems? I'm a die hard DC fan and any chance to get more characters is a done deal for me. Just wondering what the consensus is among past sunscribers. Is it gunna be a headache or should i go for it?
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: DC subscriptions anyone?

Postby Freefire » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:55 pm

I have the Ecto-1 subscription and I havent had any problems with it. No problems with them charging me for the sale when it comes around, no issues with the shipping. My figures have all been in good condition when they arrived.

I am planning on getting the DC subscription. A new figure every month, actually cheaper than the GB's. I have no hesitation.
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: DC Universe: Club Infinite Earths

Postby dayraven » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:35 pm

so, pulling over some conversation from the front page...

i would ask, "what progress w/ motuc?" noisy asked to peek at the t-punch he-man vid from pixel dan... i don't see any progress in that report over say... king grayskull (as an aside, did anyone else think it funny that the KG in the SDCC display was the first ed KG, not the re-release?) i don't see any progress for TPHM over the NEW KG either... what am i missing there?

and personally, i've had more issues w/ my last three motuc purchases than i have the first ten. i was, anecdotally, one of the happy guys in the early days, the only fig i got w/ "issues" was beast man who had very floppy thigh swivels... my last three motucs have all come to me w/ either loose bicep swivels or VERY loose ankles, the exact bane that motucers have been complaining about since literally day one (and as if to thumb my nose at my fellow motucers, my 1st ed KG still have nice tight ankles.) we haven't had a repeat of the fragility of the green goddess, but if that's progress, color me unimpressed. other than that, i don't see "improvement" like you keep mentioning.

as for atrocitus... forgive me, but promises he'll be bigger don't mean starfruit. give me a size, or i call shenanigans... if they want to describe the size, the answer is "he'll be X inches tall" or provide a picture of him next to another figure... remember, there are CnC figs who aren't exactly towering, and the PE buck is technically taller than the standard dcu buck... and you could pair that PE buck w/ the extended limbs from like nite sweats or scarecrow to create a taller buck... does that mean you'd like it? no. until they provide specifics, i don't feel like they've told you anything. they've insinuated he'll be bigger than a standard fig, in the same way they insinuated that castle grayskull's jaw bridge was in the sub. we are talking about a company that we know, and can prove, has deliberately and purposefully lied to their customer base before... so at this point, i don't believe anything until it's in a trusted set of hands. and that's not me being paranoid, that's a rational reaction to the cold hard truth.

and then aside from that, i'd say this on the future of the line... they're going to continue to use the same formula of re-use and buck system. when you get a CnC that's bigger than chemo, then i'll believe that they're willing to do that... and not a damned moment earlier than that. until then, i think you're going to be buying the atom smasher buck and the despero buck and the imperiex buck several more times before you get a NEW oversized character. and i submit, you guys who are voting metron... i know why, and i get it... i voted metron on your behalf... but you know what we've done here? we're letting them off w/ the cheapest fig of that list. a blakc lantern swampie couldn't really use the existing swampie... or maybe, just use the buck w/ a new exoskeleton... the shaggy man would require a new buck. rocket red can probably be at least partially cobbled together w/ stel or imperiex parts, but would require some new tooling. metron doesn't require jack squat. he'll get a new chair, but the fig, that's a straight re-use. i hope we get him so i can toss that dcu fig in the trash and i can cram a zodac in the chair, but again, we're giving them the cheap way out... the "new" tool is one piece construction, w/ no joints or moving parts.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby TSR » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:22 pm

dayraven wrote:a blakc lantern swampie couldn't really use the existing swampie... or maybe, just use the buck w/ a new exoskeleton... the shaggy man would require a new buck.

In the AFI video, Marx wonders aloud could Shaggy reuse Swamp Things skeleton and there is some quiet then.
I think he's on to something because Mattel will always find ways for reuse or does not allow room for innovation unless reuse is guaranteed.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby TSR » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:29 pm

And Noisy, is this the article that has garnered the most comments for you?
Looks like it's really gotten a lot of responses!
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby Tekwych » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 pm

I would like most if not all of these figures and Should they be made available on mattycollector outside the subscription I would most likely buy them all but I refuse to 'subcribe' to buying any figures. I have joined clubs where product was made available early or with garantied availabity, even a few exclusive paint schemes or a bonus 'collector's case' but the idea that I must prove my locality to any toy line by promising up front to pay for every figure in the line just does not fly. If the figures are never made or never offered outside the subscription then there will be many holes in my collection but the fault, in my eyes, will be on Mattel for a poorly designed 'club' and not me for sticking to personal principles.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 pm

TSR wrote:And Noisy, is this the article that has garnered the most comments for you?

It's very close. If I recall correctly, the record is 163 comments. Not sure on the number, but I do remember that it was an article about DC Classics needing to focus on finishing teams... three years ago. :lol:

I'm very happy with the Feedback. When I was reading the threads on various forums, it was sorta depressing. After doing this article and seeing the positive feedback here, there, and everywhere - I feel like, should the sub fail, it will because the bar is just too high and not because a large chunk of the collectors abstained. If nothing else, that'll give me some comfort.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby twofisted » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:46 pm

I have a bad feeling that we're gunna get Black Lantern Swamp Thing wether we want him or not. DC is still trying to squeeze every dime out of Blackest Night....why stop after the reboot. That coupled with Mattels love or reusing past figures pretty much makes BL Swamp Thing a done deal. All they need to do is stick on a little BL logo and yer there.

I DO love the New Gods...but i voted for Rocket Red. New Gods have gotten lots of DCUC love, I'd love to see more JLA characters from all the various eras. Last on my list would be the Detroit era haha.

I signed up for a sub. My main problem was the nuts and bolts of how they work and not the characters. If it gets off the ground i'm cool with whatever characters they put out. I just love collecting the line......AND i'm one of those annoying completists
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby TSR » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:48 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
TSR wrote:And Noisy, is this the article that has garnered the most comments for you?

It's very close. If I recall correctly, the record is 163 comments. Not sure on the number, but I do remember that it was an article about DC Classics needing to focus on finishing teams... three years ago. :lol:

I'm very happy with the Feedback. When I was reading the threads on various forums, it was sorta depressing. After doing this article and seeing the positive feedback here, there, and everywhere - I feel like, should the sub fail, it will because the bar is just too high and not because a large chunk of the collectors abstained. If nothing else, that'll give me some comfort.

208 now!
TSR
Commander
Commander

Next

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum