This is entirely based on my understanding of the description of the subscription published on Mattycollector.Com combined with my being a mostly happy MattyCollector subscriber for the last two years.
When you sign up for Club Eternia, you'll pay $30. Mattel calls this the "subscription fee", but it's essentially paying for the subscription exclusive figure upfront. In this case, it's an oversized* figure, hence the $30. Due to how Mattel handles these subscriptions, they will authorize your card for $45 plus shipping. That $45 includes the signup "fee" and the first figure in the sub, plus shipping. After however long your particular bank/credit card company drops authorizations and charges you, the amount will revert back to the $30 for the signup fee. It’s strange, but that’s how all the subscriptions I’ve signed up for at Mattycollector have worked over the last couple years. When I ordered the subscriptions for the IAT crew, the total was $120, but the authorization was a whopping $222.55. After a few days the extra $102.55 will fall off and we'll be left just paying for the "signup fee".
* - What constitutes oversized? Well, it's essentially replacing the Collect & Connect. These figures will come pre-assembled and are no longer subject to the height limit placed on the Collect & Connects. That doesn't mean they'll all be huge, but hopefully we can get some good ones that do the word oversized justice (while being properly scaled).
The Club Infinite Earths subscription is getting off to a later start than the others 2012 subs. It's currently scheduled to start in April 2012 and runs just nine months as opposed to a full year. If you purchase one, you'll pay the $30 now/soon and then begin the nine month wait until it begins. Around, April 10th or so, you'll be charged $15 for the April figure plus shipping. Then, from April 2012 to December 2012, there will be eight additional regular figures shipping monthly and three oversized figures shipping quarterly. Basically, something similar to this:
- Apr: $15 - Figure #1 (Atrocitus w/ Red Lantern Accessory)
- May: $15 - Figure #2 (Jay Garrick)
- Jun: $45 - Figure #3 (Thom Kallor, Starman VIII) & Oversize Figure #1
- Jul: $15 - Figure #4
- Aug: $15 - Figure #5
- Sep: $45 - Figure #6 & Oversize Figure #2
- Oct: $15 - Figure #7
- Nov: $15 - Figure #8
- Dec: $45 - Figure #9 & Oversize Figure #3
I want to stress that schedule is just a mockup. Based on my experience, the quarterly figures in MOTU do not always ship every third month (the last one tends to be early), but I’ve never seen them ship in consecutive months, so it shouldn’t differ too much. The Club Exclusive Oversized Figure that you pay for now will likely ship between Apr-Jun according to the signup page. Your shipping will depend on where you are located and if you have any other subs to combine it with.