Green Lantern Movie Toys

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Green Lantern Movie Toys

Postby TSR » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:59 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:He looks pretty awful. I hope the C&C Parallax is either not true or really ugly... :lol:

It's true. Scott verifies it in a youtube video shot yesterday, but sadly it doesn't look to be on display.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby zedhatch » Mon May 23, 2011 2:32 am

I tried very hard to be kind to these figures, and it didn't turn out well. Even the kindest of words didn't work out so well with this set of figures. Come see how Abin Sur, Kilowog, and Hannu measure up. Enjoy.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/green/green.html
Scale Wars an action figure photowebcoic updated Mon-Fri celebrating 3 years in May
zedhatch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Tue May 24, 2011 7:35 pm

quick note on the green man fig... not a 25 dollar toy. i suspect he'll largely be available on the secondary market for about 10 bucks once the movie's tide ebbs.

that said, he's not a bad figure, he's the figure i expected, he's just not a 25 dollar fig. as mose proposed, his neck and shoulders are swivels only, though the rest of him is well articulated. i'm unimpressed with the RoM for the elbows, but everything else works well. after seeing him though, he's definitely up for a jiraiyification, as i care next ot nothing about him as a green lantern. he's a cool frog guy though, and that was too much to pass up. the sculpt is nice though, and he is large, though not in any way too large for a walmart release or anything. this was a scam, and i admit, i fell for it. shame on me.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:34 pm

The only real interest I have in these in the constructs. That said, I was stupid because someone stole the ring out of the 4" Green Man at Target and caused it to get marked down to $4 something. I was there twice and laughed at the stupidity of the whole thing without realized I could've picked up the damn thing for cheap.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby twofisted » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:56 am

Since i collect so much stuff, i'm passing on everything but the movie masters line. Does anybody know if all 12 figures are out now or are they releasing them in waves. I havent been very diligent in my search for them all. So far i have Hal, Tomar Re and Rot Lop Fan. I've seen Green Man and Nautkeloi on Amazon. I just like the larger scale figures. The small ones just remind me of those Infinite Heroes...which i thought were horrible. I certainly hope Mattel releases these figures a few at a time. I hate having to run around looking for a dozen figures at multiple locations. What can i say...i'ma lazy collector [smile]
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby twofisted » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Wondering what in the hell that Stel figure was originally? In no way does it even remotely resemble the Stel from the movie. Does anybody know if its maybe a remold from a cancelled toyline? These toys were designed while the movie was being made so i can understand Mattel not knowing what Stel would look like...other than somebody from the studio telling them "its a robot guy"....but Mattel could have looked at a few pix of Stel from the comics OR...i dunno looked at the CnC Stel designs and came up with something from that. The Stel i see in the stores looks like it belongs with the Star Wars line
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Green Lantern just seems to have bombed all around. Kinda sucks.

But they should've made stuff we could really like.

I saw that 4" Salakk is in a 4pk at Wal-Mart with figures that are sold separately with constructs and sold in 2pks with Guardians. Just how many multiples of certain figures was Mattel expecting people to buy?
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby twofisted » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:49 am

My birthday fell around the time the movie came out and a bunch of my friends bought me a bunch of the 4" figures. The completist in me just HAS to collect them all now hahaha! It is EXTREMELY tough to get what you want out of Mattel without having to buy multiples of other figures. So far i have all 10 of the 4" figures that are out so far (at least out in my area). So far the only duplicates i've had to get (and HAD is a relative term) is one Hal, Kilowog and Sinestro that come in the 2 packs with Guardians. I'm already starting to see the 4" figures on sale at TRU.

I do like the Movie masters tho. So far i have 4 (Hal, Rot Lop Fan, Tomar Re, Naut Ke Loi). The thin limbs on the figures combined with the soft plastic make it a little tough to keep them standing up. I'm really curious to see what this Paralax CnC figures is gunna look like. I have a pile of pukey yellow tentacles and thats it hahaha.
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:30 pm

holy jeez you poor asshats have to buy hector hammond to get parallax... seriously, SERIOUSLY! that's the most hideous action figure i've ever seen.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby twofisted » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:08 pm

LOL i know right? I still havent purchased him yet. Its gunna hurt to have to pick him up. Couldnt they have at least made a Hector at the end of the movie with the enormous head? Perhaps in the wheelchair? Awell. At this point i GOTTA see what in the hell Paralax is gunna look like. So far i have 5 peices. Looks like they planned who gets which peice very carefully cuz i cant put together even 2 peices with what i have. Looks like the last figure will have that linchpin peice
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum