Green Lantern Movie Toys

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Green Lantern Movie Toys

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:30 pm

I'll post some pics of the GL movie toys from around the net here in a minute, but I just saw this for the first time and I think I'm going to buy it. It's called the " Green Lantern Colossal Cannon™ Blaster".

NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Re: Green Lantern Movie Toys

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Here's a couple other pics...

http://www.kordindustries.com/content/n ... -toys-810/

And this thread has some comparison pics for those of you that already have some Movie Masters. Apparently, the GL Movie Masters don't fit well with them: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2055939

The only that I'm really tempted in so far is the C&C Parallax. I kinda hope it looks bad because I surely won't want/need the 12 figures to build 'em.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Tekwych » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 pm

That's not a Mattel Hal Jordan figure with a boxing glove construct is it?
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 am

Is it just me, or are those feet super tiny?
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby Toygiant » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:07 am

Lay Ze-Man wrote:Is it just me, or are those feet super tiny?

It's an unfortunate illusion of action figures. Do they look small? Yup, the hands do too. But they are in fact in perportion to the figure. Feet & hands are usually sculpted (or in this case, digitally output) bigger to compensate for the illusion. Not sure why that didn't happen with these. If these are early samples, maybe they'll change it up before they hit retail.
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby TSR » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:44 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:Is it just me, or are those feet super tiny?

Rob Liefeld gives his approval.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby kingflame81 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:04 pm

So let me get this straight; they can make a giant fist for movie hal, but not DCUC Hal? Nice. If anything, DCUC Hal deserves the fist construct. We(other collectors) have been bitching about this very point for awhile, but the power-that-be decide to waste a fist construct on these rather crappy-looking movie figures instead of rewarding long-suffering DCUC fans.

Epic Fail DC.

:-x
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:50 pm

The real question is if they have cool constructs that will fit on DCUCs, will you pay the $13+ to get the crappy figure and the accessory?

Similar to will you buy 12 crappy figures to get a cool Parallax C&C that will tower over your Anti-Monitor?

Also, of note, I keep hearing that of all the Hals in that group shot, it's his traditional white/green/black color scheme that looks good. No, they all look bad.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby kingflame81 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Not me brother, not me. I'm not even looking @ those figures when they hit the shelves. I doubt the C&C Parallex would be worth buying all those crappy movie figs unless you realllly want a Parallex.

Even if Parallex towers over the Anti-Moniter, AM would still pwn Para-suck!
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby twofisted » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 pm

I wonder why movie figures always seem to be of inferior quality when compared to other toy lines? We've all seen Batman Begins, Superman Returns, Dark Knight and now Green Lantern movie figures and even tho i actually purchased some....they're all horrible! haha. Does any of the super toy industry geeks know about the production runs of these movie figures compared to a DCUC figure.
All i know if from experience. Apart from wave 1, 5 and 7...i have seen ZERO DCUC figures at my local toy retailer...so one would think that DCUC have a fairly low production run
I realize that different design teams are assigned to these toy lines...but its amazing how different these 2 toy lines are in look and quality.

Does anybody know if this C&C Parallax figure is going to be a DCUC styled figure? Or a movie inspired figure? I havent heard anything
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Next

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum