Green Lantern Classics wave 1....worst wave ever!

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Green Lantern Classics wave 1....worst wave ever!

Postby twofisted » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm one of those collectors that usually forgoes running to every Target, TRU and Walmart in my state and buys my figures from Amazon or BBTS. I received my GL Classics wave one figures yesterday and i excitedly opened them all up. I have to say that this is the most poorly made wave of figures i've ever purchased...period. Maybe i've had really really good luck with my past purchases and i'm finally getting a taste of what everybody's been talking about....but OMG almost EVERY figure has at least one major problem and some have several.

Manhunter Robot- extremely loose head, both biceps are backwards. more of a design flaw...the blue bracers seriously gets in the way of full motion of the arm at the elbow

Low/Maash- very poor paint apps, biceps are backwards

Mongul- extremely loose joints at the ab crunch, arms biceps and head. worse of all is the ab crunch. figure flops either all the way back or all the way foreward

Black Lantern Abin Sur- ENTIRE upper thigh is backwards. yes...that means he has a butt cheek in front on his right leg. he has 2 left thighs. Ab crunch is very loose and sloppy

Kyle Rayner- both biceps are backwards, head very loose/floppy

Black Hand- seems fine

Arkillo- really bad paint apps

Had i bought these at a local store i would have quickly returned 5 of these figures. some of the defects are hard to see by just looking at them in the packaging. Its too much of a hassle to try and return them to Amazon where i purchased them.

Has anybody else had a really bad experience with this wave? UGH!!
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: Green Lantern Classics wave 1....worst wave ever!

Postby kingflame81 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:22 am

That's horrible man! Hopefully not all figures online are as messed up as your pack was. If not, I might have to pass on Kyle and stick with Black Hand. I would still try to get your money back from Amazon though; I've had good experiences with them, with the exception of a shipping error on their part, which resulted in me not getting a ML Captain Marvel figure earlier. Did get a refund though. Try it.
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:04 am

Just one reason that I haven't even been able to bring myself to buy an entire Wave of ANY stuff from DCUC.

At least in the stores if you're lucky you can pick out the best of 2 or 3 samples.

Though I couldn't do that with Gold, and the only one had a small chip of gold paint off his nose, but I'd really been looking forward to finding him, and didn't want to risk not coming upon another.

I know it's just toys, but it does suck to feel kind of held hostage like that.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:44 pm

That's crazy bad, twofisted!

Other than a few stuck joints, my BBTS set turned out okay. I haven't been paying attention to too many online reports about the QC. Would you mind letting me know the letter/number combinations on some of the footstamps?

I'm with LZ on the virtues of being able to check them out in stores, but a) I want them earlier for reviews and b) sometimes it helps - we never really got DCUC15 here. I'm the only IATer with a Validus so far.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Scissors » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:55 pm

I only got Manhunter and Black Hand out of the wave. The Manhunter's head was super-tight, barely movable from side-to-side. Hip joints are... weird, almost like there's a spring inside that keeps pushing his legs up, which makes a neutral standing pose a little troublesome.

And I haven't even paid attention to the biceps. Now I have to go home and check.

Black Hand is mostly okay except for a super-warped leg. But it's the same complaint I've always had: at this price point, I expect much better quality products.
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby twofisted » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:04 pm

ok...i got me figures here

the worst of all of them is the Black Lantern Abin Sur he's got 2890MTN and T7854 on his foot

Manhunter is tough to see with the tread on his boots. looks like 2856MTN and T7852

Mongul- 2890MTN and T7844

Now the worst figure i'ever had to date was Black Manta. he had 2 left calves...making his stance really really goofy. I also had a Flash with a seriously warped leg and an Obsidian with 2 right biceps making one arm unable to go to hsi side. This wave was just horrible. I still love the line and will continue to collect them...but C'MON Mattel...pay a little attention. Not only did poor Abin Sur have to hand his ring over to Hal Jordan...now he has the indignity of having one of his butt cheeks on the front of his hip
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum