Waves 18 19 20 Rumors

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Waves 18 19 20 Rummors

Postby kingflame81 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:17 pm

If this is accurate, sign me up for Black Vulcan, Capt. Boomerang(I'd go more for the classic version, but I'll take any dcuc version I can get) and Bronze Tiger if he looks good. It'd be nice if they gave him either a removable tiger mask to put over his head, or two head variants; one reg ben turner, the other Bronze Tiger! Either way looking forward to this wave a little more now.
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby kingflame81 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:03 am

So does Mattel have people secretly scour certain forums/blogs looking for new toy ideas or what?
I posted last month, how a Bronze Tiger figure w/a removable mask would be cool as hell, and bam! a month later it's revealed that BT has just that. Yes I have to take into account how far in advance these toys are made and all, but what a coinsidense huh?
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Scissors » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:11 am

Haw haw. I kinda doubt they can nail down a character selection and have a fully-painted prototype ready in a month.

But it's a sure thing that Mattel (and other toy companies) scour various popular forums. That's how they got the Mr. Freeze picture from right here, after all!
Scissors
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby kingflame81 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah about that, what are the IAT guys gonna do about? Technically mattel swiped/stole the pic, so there'd be a basis for a lawsuit? But DC owns the rights/trademark to Mr.Freeze and presumably any likenesses there of. I know Noisy said they don't want to rock the boat and cause those kinds of problems for DC/Mattel, and by doing so would really hurt future news/pic potential. Still though that does kind of suck huh?

Oh and by the way, I saw another pic of the Bronze Tiger figure from Figures.com, and the short description given on the bottom of the stand says "two heads." So I guess that means no removable mask, just a straight out Tiger head and Ben Turner head.
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby TSR » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm

kingflame81 wrote:Oh and by the way, I saw another pic of the Bronze Tiger figure from Figures.com, and the short description given on the bottom of the stand says "two heads." So I guess that means no removable mask, just a straight out Tiger head and Ben Turner head.

Can't swear to it in this particular case, but from past experience working with marketing departments, that was put there so that whomever setup the display knew where to put the second head. Ever see something improperly displayed at a trade event? It was a marketing/event staff who wasn't 100% knowledgeable on the item being displayed.
TSR
Commander
Commander

Postby kingflame81 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 pm

So does that mean you think there isn't gonna to be two separate heads, or is there a removable mask to go w/the ben turner head? I guess until that wave of figures are officially soliciated we won't know for sure.
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Previous

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum