dumb question

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

dumb question

Postby twofisted » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:20 am

There are no dumb questions....only dumb people. My question is......and i'm sure its been discussed but i cant find a thread or post...

What is the hole on the DCUC stands for?
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: dumb question

Postby Tekwych » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:10 am

Stacking the stands. Rotate every other stand 180 degrees and the peg of one will nest into the hole on the next. This way Mattel can ship a stack of twenty in a smaller package and we can store extra stands in a smaller space.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Captain
Captain

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:20 pm

. . . so you can store them in a smaller space because no one uses those. :razz: :razz: :razz:
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby twofisted » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:02 pm

ah..alrighty. I havent gotten a pack of those yet. The JLU stands are crappy so i'm figuring the DCUC ones are too. Just curious. Thanks...now i know!!
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:15 pm

i have a dumb question... has DCU managed to complete any roster of hero or villain teams? by roster, that could be a usual team-up or a team roster, or a family (like the bat family isn't an official team, but you almost never see one without another present.) to constitute complete, i think we should make the restriction that the version has to be compatible w/ the team... for example, if you were looking at the sinestro corps, you need to use YL batman, not regular batman. if you're trying to fill out the teen titans, you need grayson robin, not nightwing, etc...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:48 pm

actually he was nightwing on the teen titans aswell....so that one works
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby dayraven » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:27 pm

right... so who were nightwing's teammates for that incarnation of the titans?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:49 pm

dayraven wrote:right... so who were nightwing's teammates for that incarnation of the titans?

We'll there is the rub...while nightwing was a titan, the figure they made of him is the wrong outfit. Even when mattel makes teams they are wrong in some way. Starfire is too small, nightwing is too modern, Cyborg is right, Raven is Right, but yet again beast boy is in his Doom Patrol suit, so he doesn't fit. So we have five characters of a team but they don't all match when they were on that team.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn

Postby twofisted » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:13 am

Exactally! you have the whole cast of the New Teen Titans...but they're not in their comic accurate costumes. I'd guess that apart from the Justice League, theres no team or group thats been completed. Maybe thats done for a reason?

Would Superman, black suited Superman, Cyborg Superman, Superboy, Steel and Eradicator from the Reign of the Supermen story count as a "group"?

We're one Jay Garrick Flash away from a Justice Society and one Elastigirl away from a Doom Patrol. We have a pretty decent group of New Gods (waiting for Highfather Izaya). All we need is Oberon and Dr. Light to fill out the Giffen/DeMatties Justice League.

I'd have to say that the Big Seven of the JLA make the only completed team in the line so far. I mean you could say theres no Elongated Man but the main JLA is there.

Teen Titans is the next one but if yer going for accuracy they dont count either
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:19 pm

twofisted wrote:Exactally! you have the whole cast of the New Teen Titans...but they're not in their comic accurate costumes. I'd guess that apart from the Justice League, theres no team or group thats been completed. Maybe thats done for a reason?

Would Superman, black suited Superman, Cyborg Superman, Superboy, Steel and Eradicator from the Reign of the Supermen story count as a "group"?

We're one Jay Garrick Flash away from a Justice Society and one Elastigirl away from a Doom Patrol. We have a pretty decent group of New Gods (waiting for Highfather Izaya). All we need is Oberon and Dr. Light to fill out the Giffen/DeMatties Justice League.

I'd have to say that the Big Seven of the JLA make the only completed team in the line so far. I mean you could say theres no Elongated Man but the main JLA is there.

Teen Titans is the next one but if yer going for accuracy they dont count either

ok, the reign of the superman group counts, i'll certainly allow that... is that it?

and the question of costume compatibility is preciously where i was going w/ this question... had an argument w/ a poester about the completion of team rosters in DCU, and my point was, "don't be surprised if they never finish out a team roster" and in large point cuz we're now 16 waves in, and essentially can accurately say we've completed 1 "roster" (and depending on how you feel on elongated man, maybe 2 rosters.) that's kind of pathetic.

now, i'm a lover of ML, but will admit that the completed rosters there were few and far between (the fantastic four and the new fantastic four, and who else?) but DCU has the advantage of time, they got to see the failings and successes of ML, and SHOULD have learned from them... but it appears not.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Next

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum