Green Lantern Classics (5pk & Upcoming Subline)

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Green Lantern Classics (5pk & Upcoming Subline)

Postby Mose » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:36 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:And I can't find Skallox's left hand. ANNOYING.

How easy will it be to fix the crooked symbol on Stel's chest?
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:50 pm

I need to do that. I'd forgotten in my post-review bliss (all the reviews next week are on Vault - I can catch up on sleep... er, fix/update all the checklists. [sweat] )

I haven't disassembled it yet, but it appears that the upper torso is one piece with two straps coming from beneath the arm to the chest. I'm thinking if I pull those bottom too loose and readjust the upper piece, then I can glue the bottom too back into place and I'm done.

I'll try it sometime this week.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:34 pm

I took a quick plunge on this. It's not as simple as I hoped, but not that bad. I did have to cut the peg going into the chest because it wasn't going to give. No loss though since I'm just going to glue the whole thing down in the end anyway (which I'll do after I get his other arm to make sure it sits right). Here's the "disassembled" Stel.

What you're looking at here is that the base figure has a giant hole in his chest. The right lower portion of the chest armor comes up and fits into the hole as a giant green disc (I left that part attached, no reason to remove it). The left lower portion of the chest armor (not pictured) comes up and fits into the indented area of the circle from the right part. Finally, the part from the back plugs into the whole apparatus through holes in each side and into the chest.

My Stel's symbol was crooked because the left side wasn't properly put into the indented part of the right side. The left side is engineered to fit seamlessly into that indent (and does, doesn't even need glue), but the original assembly was glued with the upper right edge sticking out which pushed the symbol to the left.

Anyway, whatever figure that gets this chest again, there's no more clues under the armor than there were above it.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Still striking out on Sapphire. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby Freefire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:51 pm

G'Hu is a bit disappointing. I was ok with it being the movie version of the character, but I was still expecting a DCUC figure, not the Movie Masters figure stuck in the DCUC line. I wouldn't display it with my DCUC figures, if I end up getting any of the GL figures it'll go with them.

The figure itself is pretty nice though.
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby kingflame81 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:14 pm

The G'HU figure Sucks! Let's all be honest here huh? It sucks, and DCUC needs to be repremanded for even letting such a figure that's not even to scale of all the others even be in the line. If you must stick such a horrible movie figure in a toy line, let it be the GL movie masters where it belongs, not stinking up the rapidly sinking DCUC line that I so love and support with my hard-earned dollars! I'm sorry I'm just speaking what everyone else is thinking. Seriously people. This is a travesty!
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Mose » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:19 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:I took a quick plunge on this. It's not as simple as I hoped, but not that bad. I did have to cut the peg going into the chest because it wasn't going to give. No loss though since I'm just going to glue the whole thing down in the end anyway (which I'll do after I get his other arm to make sure it sits right). Here's the "disassembled" Stel.

What you're looking at here is that the base figure has a giant hole in his chest. The right lower portion of the chest armor comes up and fits into the hole as a giant green disc (I left that part attached, no reason to remove it). The left lower portion of the chest armor (not pictured) comes up and fits into the indented area of the circle from the right part. Finally, the part from the back plugs into the whole apparatus through holes in each side and into the chest.

My Stel's symbol was crooked because the left side wasn't properly put into the indented part of the right side. The left side is engineered to fit seamlessly into that indent (and does, doesn't even need glue), but the original assembly was glued with the upper right edge sticking out which pushed the symbol to the left.

Anyway, whatever figure that gets this chest again, there's no more clues under the armor than there were above it.

A local comic store got them in yesterday. Man, mattel went out of their way to hide Stel's chest piece in the package. You can't even see the chest symbol at all, completely hidden by the packaging's lower label.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby kingflame81 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 am

Anybody keep up on the current GL "War of the Green Lantern" storyline going on? It looks like my GL Sinestro from the GL 5-pk is going to be back in style now, since he's supposed to be a GL again. That's just the way things are shaping out to be in the current GL titles, so enjoy. And if you're skeptical on that happening, then why is there a new DC Direct GL Sinestro coming out? I just wish the GL Sinestro that came out, came with a mask. I'm just saying guys......
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Mose » Thu May 05, 2011 12:11 am

I found the Green Lantern Movie Masters yesterday at both the local comic shop and Toys’R’Us….at $20 a pop (not including tax). They look okay for the most part but I’m unimpressed with the paint quality of the figures. The paint apps just look sloppy and half-assed, like they weren’t trying at all. I also don’t like Hal’s open hand. It just looks weird and unnatural, plus he can’t hold his lantern at all.

They also all come with the exact same C&C piece, meaning Parallax looks like he will reuse a fair amount of the same piece(s).

They also had the Hal/Abin 2-pak where the only difference between the 2 figures is the heads and paint apps.

They had a Parallax toy so you can see what he will look like in the movie.
"Mose....."
Mose
Commander
Commander

Postby nanite » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:53 pm

G'Hu dropped to $7 on Amazon, so I bought him, and a bunch of other figures that I needed CnC parts for. No more armless S'tel for me!
nanite
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Previous

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum