Wave 16 (Bane) Thread

The Forum may be named after DC Classics, but this forum is meant for all your DC Comics toy discussion: Classics, DC Direct, JLU, Young Justice, & Beyond. DC Toy Talk from Aztek to Zauriel.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Wave 16 (Bane) Thread

Postby Toygiant » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:52 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:I know it's not rational, but I'd probably cancel my MOTU sub before stopping my DCUC collection. [domo]

This may sound crazy considering how close my own venture into the toy biz is to this line, but MotUC is #2 on the chopping block. It almost happened with the whole Vikor incident last month. But unless they blow me away with some big announcements at Toy Fair, they'll hold the #2 slot.

And don't get me wrong, I haven't thrown in the towel on DCUC completely. I'm just not all that interested in what they've been offering lately. I'm not a big GL fan (I do like GL, just not as much as some **cough-Noisy-cough**) and the fact that they're starting to dip into 3rd & 4th stringers pool, which I know is absolute heaven for some collectors, and I'm all for that for those collectors, but I'm looking for the all star line up. Not the place kicker from Norway who used to be a soccer player and hasn't played a single minute in 3 seasons.

Ya smell what I stepped in? :wink:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby Ebonhorn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:17 pm

well my cutting is all do to two small things.....3A
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby Toygiant » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Ebonhorn wrote:well my cutting is all do to two small things.....3A

I don't even look at that stuff. The few small glipses I have taken sent me into a tizzy. And I just can't afford any tizzys right now. :bawl:
Toygiant
Commander
Commander

Postby kingflame81 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:14 pm

I agree with you all the way ToyGiant, although I myself only collect DCUC figs. As for wanting an "All-Star" line-up, get in line my friend; we all want that, not to mention wanting the Powers-that-be to finally finish up supplying team sets like Doom Patrol, JSA, The Teen Titans, and Metal Men. They can make a bajillion Hals but no Elasti-Woman, Aqualad, Speedy or GA Flash? That's really "giving the fans what they want" right?

Did you also notice that weak-ass line by Matty, about how 2011 figs were requested figs from 2009-210, and how basically we should just wait and continue to ask, and maybe they'll get to it. Yeah I agree making molds of figures/Planning takes time, but this is 2011; what you can't process info/plans any faster seening as how this is the information age right?

Matty Q&A=Epic Fail
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Toygiant wrote:This may sound crazy considering how close my own venture into the toy biz is to this line, but MotUC is #2 on the chopping block. It almost happened with the whole Vikor incident last month. But unless they blow me away with some big announcements at Toy Fair, they'll hold the #2 slot.

Hey, we all have some crazy structured system for what we love. I want that new Lowlight & Kup, but I rank TF/Joes lower than I do DC stuff. The funny thing though is that I think I might rank TF/Joe higher than MOTU even though I buy MOTU and not those. Weird that.

Toygiant wrote:And don't get me wrong, I haven't thrown in the towel on DCUC completely. I'm just not all that interested in what they've been offering lately. I'm not a big GL fan (I do like GL, just not as much as some **cough-Noisy-cough**) and the fact that they're starting to dip into 3rd & 4th stringers pool, which I know is absolute heaven for some collectors, and I'm all for that for those collectors, but I'm looking for the all star line up. Not the place kicker from Norway who used to be a soccer player and hasn't played a single minute in 3 seasons.

Ya smell what I stepped in? :wink:

I'm a big GL fan, but I'm tasked. They're not giving us Iolande, Hannu, Warth, Walker, Ganthet, and a ton of other cool GL stuff I would want we're getting crappy Indigo Atom and lousy Medphyll. Still, some component of my DC buying is to 'have them all'.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:54 pm

kingflame81 wrote: Yeah I agree making molds of figures/Planning takes time, but this is 2011; what you can't process info/plans any faster seening as how this is the information age right?

Mattel runs like a dinosaur because the people at the top got there by thinking on their feet 10, 25, 50 years ago. It's too big to get with the times. It's sad, but I don't think it'll ever change.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Woot! Three posts in a row!

BBTS finally got in DCUC16 so those will hopefully be speeding their way to me sometime next week. My desk was almost cleared off...
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby kingflame81 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:54 pm

And for not changing w/ the times, "they" are going to fall behind; such is the rule of history.
This is a typical syndrome/condition of big companies, and as such run the risk of being passed over by more worthy successors.
Just look at ML's problems, namely letting Hasbro put out crap. Please DCUC, I beg you not to go that route by taking advantage of whatever goodwill you have left and squander it on stupid starfruit and outdated ways of thinking/doing business.
kingflame81
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Freefire » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Modern Head Robin sold out while he was in my cart =(
Freefire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby twofisted » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:20 pm

So far all i've purchased is the modern head Robin...which i love (but i'm an old fart and am excited easily) I'll end up getting the rest of the wave within the next couple paychecks hehe.

I'm a little different tho....even being a child of the 70's and 80's...i was never into Transformers. Even as a kid, even tho all my friends had them...i just didnt get it. I was a huge fan of He-Man and G.I. Joe. My first love will always be DC comics so DCUC will always trump any other toy line when if comes to cutting back.

G.I. Joe seems to be a strange animal lately as far as availablity so my money spent on those is very spotty. But i actively search out DCUC figures and will continue to be a completist until the line is done.

I'm wondering how much of this nonsense over completing teams is just out of Mattel's fear of people quitting the line once they get their favorite team finnished out? Of course i'm extremely biased....but i wonder how many of the posters on this site would quit buying DCUC figures if say their Teen Titans was complete or the Metal Men was complete. So Mattel keeps dangling that carrot in front of fans just to string them along to stick with the line and maybe buy a figure or two that they woundnt normally buy.....just a thought.

I've said it before tho...theres some DC characters that just wouldnt translate well into an action figure that the public as a whole would buy. An elderly man in a red beard in a wheelchair wouldnt make for a good toy for kids to play with. No matter what my opinion is on the modern toy industry...i still think action figures are manufactured with kids in mind. With that said...i would LOVE to have an Elasti-girl C&C figure made....but a chick in a short skirt and GoGo boots dosent make for an exciting action figure for people to buy. I'm also wondering if some of these figures are gunna be made at all. A little off topic...sorry
twofisted
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

PreviousNext

Return to DCClassics.Com & DCUAllStars.Com Forum