Introduce Yourself

We've parceled out a special hitchin' post for trades and sales. Keep it in here, not in the other forums, and keep it civil. We're a small operation.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby DrRampageo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Oh cool! Yeah I know Brockton a little bit. what do you guys have for Toy Stores out there? allways looking for a new TRU or whatever to buy toys at! :evil:
http://doomkick.com/ Toy reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

What a terrible night to have a curse...
DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:56 pm

I typically frequent TRU in Brockton becasue its the closest and right on my way home from wrok. On occasion, but usually very infrequently I will get to TRU in Dedham, Framingham, Kingston, or North Attleboro. There are also several Newbury Comics, a few New England Comics, and of course a dozen or so Wal-Marts.

I heard there is a nice Comic Shop in salem, I've never been there though.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby DrRampageo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Yeah Harrisons comics and collectbles in Salem is pretty nice their toy selection is not the best I mean they have the basics and about a million SW figs and usually have a pretty decent DCUC selection of the newer waves but they only have about 5 MOTUC figures. A great comic shop in the area is Comically Speaking in reading they have an incredible amount of toys.
I am going tohave to check out TRu in brockton someday

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Its nothing spectacular, but maybe it has something that another store doesn't. I went to a TRU randomly and found a Transformers Titanium Grimlock and Prowl, which to the best of my knowledge hadn't been on shelves in at least a year or two. I scooped up Grimlock.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby DrRampageo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Yeah I just loving going to new and different toy stores ha ha

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Big Hello to Darkspecter & DrRampage!

Glad to have both you guys here in the forum! :cool:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby DrRampageo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:02 am

Thanks Noisy! great to be here! :evil:

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby PrfktTear » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:38 am

DrRampageo wrote:Yeah I just loving going to new and different toy stores ha ha

There is nothing quite like seeking out a new haunt... even if its just a TRU or something. Even though most of these places are all pretty much the same there are sometimes some subtle differences that make it new and exciting.
PrfktTear
Captain
Captain

Postby DrRampageo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:25 pm

For sure! You ever been to TRU in SalemNH? that place is magic! its like stepping back into the 80's

DrRampageo
Commander
Commander

Postby doctorkent » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:44 pm

So, what to say in an introduction thread?

My online name is DoctorKent. No, I am not a doctor.
I've been a fan of toys since childhood and Kenner Star Wars toys. I'd say that I've been collecting since then, but the real OCD kicked in about 1990 when I found some of the Super Powers and Secret Wars figures I never had at a toy show in New York.
I'm very interested in the history of toys; I've read all of the publications that I have been able to get my hands on to learn about why toys are the way they are, how they are made, why things we see in magazines don't get produced, and just trying to make myself knowledgeable about the business.

I try to keep an even temper about the things we discuss online. One of my formative experiences with the toy rage was Beast Wars. I had a decent collection of G1 Transformers, saw a small pic in Tomart's, and said "beasts? I'm selling all these figures because animal Transformers are stupid!" It was an important lesson - judge the figure when in-hand, not before.
It also showed me that we will get what the companies want to give us and nothing more. It is good to want things but temper expectations.

I have collected most of the major lines from Kenner Star Wars through Toy Biz five-inch scale figures (and a few beyond that), so I have first-hand knowledge of many toys. Favorite overall line ever would have to be 3 3/4 Gi Joe - you cannot beat that scale for vehicles and detail on the figures. I have a slight obsession with vehicles and playsets - I have a few for lines I don't even collect just because they exist.
Part of this collecting gave another lesson - companies will rehash a concept as many times as they can.
I could live without ever seeing DC in 3 3/4 scale.

I'm the moderator over on October Toys for the Glyos forums. I've been into Glyos from the second wave, and I think it is the wave of the future that we will have eventual print-on-demand toys once plastic printers are completely affordable. It is really tough to beat Glyos for play value and design, to my eyes.
You can usually find me at major conventions where the Glyos booth is set up.

Job-wise, I produce independent films while holding down other steady work during the day. Eventually, I hope to be producing films full-time.

That's enough about me. I hope to be able to contribute some quality commentary to the boards.

John K.
Check out information on my films at http://www.mrpotent.com
doctorkent
Ensign
Ensign

PreviousNext

Return to IAT Flea Market