Infinite Legends Have you seen them yet?

A Forum for the discussion of all things Marvel & the many lines that dominated toy shelves for years: Legends, Universe, Select, the Films, and any other Marvel line past & present.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Infinite Legends Have you seen them yet?

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Well finished Mandroid awhile back and dig but seeling off my movie cap and winter soldier. BW keeping till get a new comic one. I still haven't started the Groot but did get a Toxin and Spider-girl but some.reason haven't popped on the spiders. (Seeing that new comic Spidey coming is part to blame now) Also that fugly movue Electro I Would turn and sell after removing the Goblin piece.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:18 pm

So, I'll admit, I don't quite stay in the loop in terms of ML as well as I used to. It's a hobby for me, not a lifestyle. But I've heard some rumblings about problems with the X-Men (Jubilee) series of ML Infinite that just hit stores. All I know about it is that, a few days back, I saw a Wolverine and two Cyclops for the first time. Yesterday, that same store had one Wolvie, one Cyclops, and a Stryfe. Now they have a half dozen Wolverines, probably 8-10 Stryfes, and one cyclops (which I purchased). TRU's (who this line is apparently exclusive to) website doesn't list Storm and Magneto at all. Can anybody shed some light? Were Storm and Magneto not shipped yet, or were they so short-packed that they might as well not exist?
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 pm

I finally found Drax and Nova last week, and just last night, Walmart had Rocket Raccoon listed as "in stock" on their website (it is now listed as "out of stock"). I bit the bullet and ordered one, so hopefully they send the right thing. Places like Kmart are known for lumping all figures in a line under one SKU, and no matter which figure out of the line you order, they'll send you whatever they feel like/have on hand. Hopefully Walmart does a little better. If they do, I should have a complete Groot in about a week.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 pm

so, how you feel about the grootster now that you've had some time with him?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby JamesLynch » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:39 am

He's one of my favorite ML figures in a while, and probably the best BAF since Hasbro got the license. He's very well sculpted, the paint is good, and the articulation is plentiful. The only caveat on that last one is his hip connectors, which go into the body at an odd angle, and essentially give him a V-crotch. His limbs are also kind of rubbery, a disturbing trend with Hasbro figures lately. I wanted to pose him and Rocket in a Lion King, Rafiki and Simba pose, but Groot's arms won't support it.

Though, now that I have Star Wars Black Chewbacca in hand, I'm more convinced than ever that Groot could've been a single release. Chewie's almost as big as Groot (making him amazingly out of scale with the Star Wars Black figures), has three accessories (okay, two of them are the pieces for his laser crossbow), just as much paint and articulation, and rubber overlays over his entire body for the fur. No way did it cost more to make Groot than Chewie. And, if Groot had been a single release, I would have been able to save on buying those Nova and Iron Man figures I didn't really want.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Any pics of this phenomenon? Cuz yeah, if chewie's that big, he's definitely out of scale.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby JamesLynch » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:21 pm

So, first, here are some actual pictures of Harrison Ford as Han Solo and Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca. I couldn't find any promo picks where Ford wasn't leaning, and wasn't placed well in front of Mayhew:

Even then, Harrison ford comes up to Chewie's chin.

I did find some actual, on-set photos:

Again, Chewie is, at best, a head taller than Han. It's an oversized mask head, but Harrison Ford clearly comes all the way up to Mayhew's chin. Now, here's the figures:

I took the picture with my phone. It's not great, but it highlights a couple points. 1) It's hard to see, because the top of Chewie's head has a dark wash on it, but Chewie comes up to Groot's mouth. Groot has less than an inch of height over Chewie. 2) You could easily fit another head between where the Solo figure's head ends and where it should come up to on Chewbacca, which is the chin. Chewie's at least two heads taller than Han Solo, which is not at all how it should be.

I looked it up, and Harrison Ford is 6'1" tall, and Peter Mayhew is 7'2". Assuming the Chewbacca mask adds a few inches, Chewie should at most be an inch or so taller than Solo in a 6" scale figure, and instead he's about 2" taller.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:32 am

well, it's been 37 years since those photos were taken... maybe chewie kept growing? :?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Well half of UGG is done and hopefully can get other pieces. Found a Carnage too.

GotG wave not having luck with anymore but awaiting the Avengers waves and gonna aim for all of them. Who's your want list from the Odin/AllfatherThor wave? How bout Thanos Wave?

Mine, Well wanna get Odin over Thor but, like all thats in the wave are on the get list. Thanos I wanna get too.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:44 pm

A Target near me restocked GOTG last week for the first time in months. Don't give up hope yet.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Comics Toy Forum