Infinite Legends Have you seen them yet?

A Forum for the discussion of all things Marvel & the many lines that dominated toy shelves for years: Legends, Universe, Select, the Films, and any other Marvel line past & present.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Infinite Legends Have you seen them yet?

Postby dayraven » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:39 pm

yeah, the retail lines are catching up to motuc in terms of per figure cost. i suspect everything by this time next year to be 25 as a norm, WWE, SWB, ML, NECA stuff, everything.

that said, getting the shield for 60 bucks, with outfit on all three guys and items for all three, beats the hell out of 75 for the fighting foe men [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:35 am

Thats true though know places were cheaper still just hope in stock. Hope the Infinite Legends are reasonable at this one.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby dayraven » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 am

you're right, there are still deals available if you hunt thoroughly... good luck with that! [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Found them when wasn't even expecting to find. Snagged a Hydra and AIM trooper today and happy just debating what weapons to display them with.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:11 pm

I hit the frickin' mother load at Target today. After having no luck at a TRU and two other Target locations, one about a mile from my apartment (the store's in a not-so-great neighborhood) had at least one of each figure (two Zemo's, two AIM agents, and a few of each Cap). So I managed to get Zemo and one each of the AIM and Hydra agents (I already have both versions of Cap and Red Skull). I'd love to army build, but at $20 a pop, it's not really feasible. I honestly hadn't budgeted for even this many toys this pay period (I'd already picked up a WASP Predator and Retrofire Legendary Megazord at TRU), but I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by. It would be like Black Cat all over again (who I still haven't seen since she showed up the first time TRU got these figures in stock).

If they were still $15 a piece, I'd have probably gotten the extra agents. But, like TRU, Target now has these figures for $19.99. Ouch.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:50 am

Well haven't been to one thanks to the weather gonna hopefully find out tomorrow on prices. Still haven't seen the spidey line yet. Empty spot yes.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ideal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:23 am

picked up Marvel Now Captain America last night at TRU (all the Cap stuff is on sale at the moment).

let me preempt this by saying i dont like the Marvel Now Cap's costume. it looks like some strange amalgamation of the Ultimate costume and the movie costume, and it just doesnt work for me as the main 616 Captain America

on the figure though, the costume looks pretty cool...it just doesnt look like Cap. if i can suspend my knowledge that this is supposed to be a figure of Captain America, i really like the design. he is slightly taller and slightly beefier than the Bucky Cap figure, which is a plus

the figure has quite a bit of problems though. the elbow and knee joints are pretty bad. the "double" elbow is restricted to only a single piece of the elbow actually being moveable due to the sculpt holding the other joint in place (the joint isnt stuck, it's literally immovable due to the design). the knees seem to have been designed with one too few ratchet points or poorly placed ratchet points, and i can't really even force the left leg into a straight neutral position

the left boot doesnt connect solidly with the leg, leaving a pretty glaring gap. i can probably fix it with a blow dryer

and the ab crunch joint rubs really bad. looking at the figure, it looks like the upper torso is off center, being set a little further back that was originally intended (gap in the back, tight in the front). its so bad that after playing with the figure absent mindedly for 10 or so minutes, he has more paint rubbed off of his stripes than pretty much any figure i own
Ideal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:13 pm

I saw Cap2 Cap and Winter Soldier at TRU today, but didn't pull the trigger. There's a few reasons, primary among them that my toy budget has been under a bit of a squeeze lately. But also, I'm already disappointed in the Cap2 Cap figure. I don't love the suit, especially with the helmet on it (I don't like the helmet for Cap in general), so I was planning on displaying him with the helmetless head. But, man, that just doesn't look anything like Chris Evans. Not even a tiny bit. I don't know what the deal is with them not wanting to pay Evans for this, but crap does that look bad. They paid RDJ for Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth for Thor, they even clearly paid Evans for Cap1 and the Avengers (the 3.75 line had an unmasked Cap figure), but they decided to go with a super-crappy comic-based head for a movie figure. So the options are between a ridiculous head and a ridiculous head.

They also jacked the price up to $21.99 for these. At $15, I was more than happy buying them. At $20, I was reluctant, but still bit the bullet. But at $22? Now they're just gouging us.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:43 am

And yet we spend $40 for a MOTUCs. It is irony cause I am debating now. Also wondering if checking Oddlots for stragler legends. Never know right.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby JamesLynch » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:10 pm

I don't collect MOTUC anymore, and one of the reasons is pricing. Even when I did collect it, I sort of consoled myself with the knowledge that they were a small run, online exclusive series of figures (and slightly larger than most 6" figures), so that took the edge off somewhat. And the figures aren't $40, they're $27. Yes, you cannot avoid shipping costs, but you can't just tack shipping onto the cost of each item and call that the purchase price, because ordering different amounts of figures defrays the cost. There's no way to finagle a lower price per unit out of the TRU register.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Comics Toy Forum