Marvel Legends Wave 4 Hit Monkey Wave

A Forum for the discussion of all things Marvel & the many lines that dominated toy shelves for years: Legends, Universe, Select, the Films, and any other Marvel line past & present.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Marvel Legends Wave 4 Hit Monkey Wave

Postby liokaiser_jlee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Well started seeing these and grabbed a She-Rulk. Will check on the others since like all in this wave. The Archangel looks nice and like what did with the cape on Hyperion. Await the swap to get Sentry, Lyra, and white Iron Fist. Just kinda wish Hit Monkey had a different color suit to make getting a second one not so odd.

On She-Rulk, the red really glows in pics and had some trouble getting her to stand but now she does and the new buck is really nice.
liokaiser_jlee
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Marvel Legends Wave 4 Hit Monkey Wave

Postby JamesLynch » Sun May 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Here's what I don't get on Red She-Hulk; at first, I thought she was just the old green She-Hulk with a new head and paint job. It was only after the figure was released that I found out (through reviews) that she's actually an entirely new body. That being the case, why didn't they get the costume right? Red She-Hulk wears pants, dammit. All the would have needed to do with glue a belt to the crotch piece (Red Shulkie loves leather hip-huggers) and some flaired cuffs to the lower legs and the rest could all be paint. I'll still probably end up getting a Red Shulkie if I ever see them at retail, because a red chick with a big sword is too good to pass up, but I won't be nearly as happy as I would have been if they'd taken the minimal resources needed to get the costume right.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 pm

they did her that way for maximum parts re-use, starting (in theory) w/ the "running change" to lyta. and the buck is great, though i wish she were a tad meatier... that said, i've never before owned a fig in that scale who could work a contrapposto pose.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby JamesLynch » Mon May 13, 2013 3:24 pm

dayraven wrote:they did her that way for maximum parts re-use, starting (in theory) w/ the "running change" to lyta. and the buck is great, though i wish she were a tad meatier... that said, i've never before owned a fig in that scale who could work a contrapposto pose.

Well, I've owned Moore Action Collectibles figures, and that's the only pose they can work. :lol:

Seriously though, new shins, a belt, and some paint, and they've got a correct Red She-Hulk. Right now what they've got is a 6" testament to not trying hard enough.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am

I still haven't run across this wave. I'm not sure what I'm getting from it, but I'd like to see it...
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:19 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:I still haven't run across this wave. I'm not sure what I'm getting from it, but I'd like to see it...

I just saw Protector in Target the other day, and Wolverine and Cap at TRU a month or two ago. Other than that, I've only seen them at the LCS, and there they sold out before I could decide whether or not they were worth the scratch. I'd love a Red She-Hulk, but she looks wrong without pants. I know, it's sacrilege to want to put more clothes on a comic female, but that's her costume, dammit.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 pm

i'm beginning to think that the "running changes" are DOA. i haven't even heard of them appearing on ebay, and you know, if someone made it, someone would have stolen it and ebayed it by now. that sucks, i was really looking forward to sentry and lyra. makes me worried about the fate of bulldozer in this next wave...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby JamesLynch » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:56 am

And white Iron Fist.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Postby dayraven » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 pm

JamesLynch wrote:And white Iron Fist.

yeah, forgot white iron fist entirely. he was supposed to swap out for protector, n'est ce pas?
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby JamesLynch » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 pm

dayraven wrote:
JamesLynch wrote:And white Iron Fist.

yeah, forgot white iron fist entirely. he was supposed to swap out for protector, n'est ce pas?

That's what the packaging shows, since Protector is the only figure I've consistently seen on store shelves.
JamesLynch
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Next

Return to Marvel Comics Toy Forum