Marvel Select

A Forum for the discussion of all things Marvel & the many lines that dominated toy shelves for years: Legends, Universe, Select, the Films, and any other Marvel line past & present.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Marvel . . . at the sight of Marvel Comics-related Merch

Postby dayraven » Sun May 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Lay Ze-Man wrote:They probably can judge based on past sales of that "type" of item what kind of demand they can expect and how to budget accordingly.

This is why lines can be dropped so unceremoniously as well, like Sideshow abandoning 1/6 LotR before releasing Gimli, Merry, Pippin, etc.

I don't have a problem with no removable helm on Juggs, I personally didn't care for the head sculpt on the ML one and if I had ever tracked it down would likely have never removed it.

I did have a pretty cool older Toy Biz Juggernaut that although kinda ridiculously proportioned, I liked quite a bit at the time, and had fun with his removable helmet.

Also, I do think it's fitting that ML has moved more towards making characters that will still be compatible with ML collections and won't be too noticeably oversized, like Juggy, Abom, Hulk, and so on.

well, that's not quite true, between the select hulk/red hulk and abom, we've had sabretooth, stark and war machine who are too big to be compatible w/ ML, and we also have magneto on the plate before juggy, who looks like the mags i've always wanted, but the question remains, do i want a mags who's a full head taller than omega red? likely not, which is why i have not placed him on order.

i do have to confess to one thing though on that juggy, the desciption says a massive 7 inches tall, which in ML would make him just about right, but in marvel select, he'll out up to hulk's chest. remember, motucs are roughly 7 inches tall... remember this?
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd23 ... eretwo.jpg
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Ebonhorn » Mon May 24, 2010 12:22 pm

dayraven wrote:the desciption says a massive 7 inches tall

I think that's wrong. Most MS are 7 inches so I think he is 7 inch scale but he is closer to Hulk's height.
If you infuse your reality with positivity, victory is imminent.
Ebonhorn
Captain Commander of Awesome
Captain Commander of Awesome

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Mon May 24, 2010 2:09 pm

dayraven wrote:well, that's not quite true, between the select hulk/red hulk and abom, we've had sabretooth, stark and war machine who are too big to be compatible w/ ML, and we also have magneto on the plate before juggy, who looks like the mags i've always wanted, but the question remains, do i want a mags who's a full head taller than omega red? likely not, which is why i have not placed him on order.

Well, I'll defer to you on the "Marvel figures expert" territory, but it was just my general impression lately.

That it doesn't really seem like MS is interested in building their own separate set of Marvel figures, but very well aware at the demand for certain characters/styles that ML may have created gaps for.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Mon May 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Ebonhorn wrote:
dayraven wrote:the desciption says a massive 7 inches tall

I think that's wrong. Most MS are 7 inches so I think he is 7 inch scale but he is closer to Hulk's height.

that's what i'm hoping as well... but it does scare me a tad.

as for marvel select filling gaps in ML, i think they most definitely are trying to do that, they just also do other things... like the skrull soldier/brood drone pack, stuff like that, you better believe they're trying for the ml fans out there... that's devotion baby!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Esbat » Mon May 31, 2010 11:51 pm

I eagerly await someone releasing a Spider-Girl or Darkhawk figure. Even if they are Marvel Universe. I just want them... bad.
Esbat
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby dayraven » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:38 am

Esbat wrote:I eagerly await someone releasing a Spider-Girl or Darkhawk figure. Even if they are Marvel Universe. I just want them... bad.

dude, if i cranked out another list of characters that ML should have released, both of those would be on it, but we'd also be here all day. where most of the IAT crew is DC people, DR's marvel people and we got the best line of figures ever made, the roster just wasn't deep enough.

i submit to you, why haven't we gotten a single version of rick jones? who has partnered w/ or been any of a dozen heroes now? you cold literally do a whole wave of rick incarnations, he's the ultimate marvel deus ex machina!
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby Esbat » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:13 pm

dayraven wrote:
Esbat wrote:I eagerly await someone releasing a Spider-Girl or Darkhawk figure. Even if they are Marvel Universe. I just want them... bad.

dude, if i cranked out another list of characters that ML should have released, both of those would be on it, but we'd also be here all day. where most of the IAT crew is DC people, DR's marvel people and we got the best line of figures ever made, the roster just wasn't deep enough.

i submit to you, why haven't we gotten a single version of rick jones? who has partnered w/ or been any of a dozen heroes now? you cold literally do a whole wave of rick incarnations, he's the ultimate marvel deus ex machina!

Rick Jones... I never really cared for him. I preferred John Jameson as the goto Marvel Monkeywrench. I mean, c'mon he's Man-Wolf AND the son of J. Jonah Jameson, plus he's totally an Astronaut. If Rick Jones ever went into space it wasn't on our fictional tax dollars.

Also I love Marvel and DC equally. They have given me Black Cat and Tigra and also Catwoman and Cheetah. I am most pleased.
Esbat
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 pm

My Marvel Legends Want List is still basically the same as before the line started because a lot of the characters I wanted got crappy figures - War Machine, Captain Britain, Rogue, Moon Knight, Nova, just for some examples.

The bad figures asides and after I get Valkyrie, my ML want list will be reduced to three - Hellcat, Fantomex, and Firestar.

And, maybe a Tom to go with my Sentinel. :lol:
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:27 pm

i'd still love a master mold. and black tom cassady. and gideon. and the guardians of the earth, rick jones, darkhawk, loadstone, the reavers, the marauders, the brotherhood of evil mutants, hannibal king, rage, shang chi, the mlf, howard stark, jjj, mary jane, gwne stacy, captain stacy, the pantheon, the asgardian gods, the eternals, the celtic gods, champion of the universe, the gargoyle, the grey gargoyle, paste pot pete, fixer, the high evolutionary, a few wundagorians, the great lakes avengers, the stranger, the beyonder, the in betweener, a celestial, ulik the troll, the new warriors, orca, tigershark, the living laser, white tiger, nitro, the entire cast of the 2099 books, death's head (all incarnations), the U-Foes, the enforcers, tombstone, silvermane, silver sable, the rest of x-force, the strucker twins, matsuda, revanche, sleepwalker, blackout, titania, terminus, the other members of excalibur, proper versions of rogue, ms marvel, captain britain, moon knight, nova, scarlet witch, and vengeance (who is too narrow in the shoulders). to name just a few...
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby dayraven » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:34 pm

to name a few more, silver samurai, deathurge, the beyonder, dormammu, baron mordo, merlin, the guardians of the galaxy, set, surtur, ymir, bloodaxe, thunderstrike, quasar, eon, penance, moira mctaggert, nimrod, proteus, killspree, maggot, bone, chamber, mondo, sugarman, x-man, thing (thorny crown thing version), the rest of the inhumans, blastaar, the heralds of galactus, the sphinx, ozymandias, exodus, the acolytes, maelstrom, magus, drax the destroyer, gamorrah, moondragon, pip, infinity, oblivion, calypso, the guardian, puma, madame web, madame masque, madam hydra, nocturne, thunderbird, dazzler, peter wisdom, stegron, reptil, romulus, deathwatch, zarathos, thunderbolt ross, mockingbird, US agent, the swordsman, the shroud, red she hulk, the collector, the secret wars version of baron zemo, crimson dynamo, vault guardsman, screaming mimi, klaw, nomad, and the squadron supreme.

that's most of my list. :happy:
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Comics Toy Forum