The Return of Marvel Legends...

A Forum for the discussion of all things Marvel & the many lines that dominated toy shelves for years: Legends, Universe, Select, the Films, and any other Marvel line past & present.

Moderators: SilntAngl5, Ebonhorn

Re: Marvel . . . at the sight of Marvel Comics-related Merch

Postby Lay Ze-Man » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:12 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:At least some of the articulation didn't work that well and/or is takes away more aesthetically than it adds in range, so I'm down for newer figures too. I don't want anything incompatible, but TB was already so varied that I think Hasbro can pull it off without causing anything to jarring.

Agreed 100% with this.

I just feel they need a solid team of people, like the 4H approaching DCUC, who have a very specific vision for a 6" line of Marvel figures.

Are they gonna be hodgepodge?
Are they gonna be movie based or comic based?
Are they gonna be a mix like Joe POC?
If comic based, are they gonna be iconic, old school, or new school? A mix?

Everything post-TBML just doesn't really seem to have its own identity as a toy line for me.
HEROIC MASTER OF SLEEP :layze:
Lay Ze-Man
Captain American't Be Bothered...
Captain American't Be Bothered...

Location: Fantasy toy store where even adults can't reach the top pegs

Postby dayraven » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 am

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
Lay Ze-Man wrote:I just want a move forward, not a look back.

It's been YEARS now for some of those molds, I don't see how they couldn't have improvements.

At least some of the articulation didn't work that well and/or is takes away more aesthetically than it adds in range, so I'm down for newer figures too. I don't want anything incompatible, but TB was already so varied that I think Hasbro can pull it off without causing anything to jarring.

If you look at how they've handled the two-packs so far - there's been very little TB mold us... Reed, Thing, and the Skrull come to mind. The basic Shield buck might be older, I'm not sure.

yeah, the SHEILD buck is TBML face-off punisher.

this is what i'm saying though, thy have a crapload of molds that aren't getting a ton of use, most of which would take only minor retooling to drop very unnecessary articulation, and would seem fresh cuz they've been out of circulation for so long... the TB ultimate cap body would be FANTASTIC to kick off a USAgent on for example.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:33 pm

dayraven wrote:yeah, the SHEILD buck is TBML face-off punisher.

this is what i'm saying though, thy have a crapload of molds that aren't getting a ton of use, most of which would take only minor retooling to drop very unnecessary articulation, and would seem fresh cuz they've been out of circulation for so long... the TB ultimate cap body would be FANTASTIC to kick off a USAgent on for example.

Thanks! I wasn't sure, but I thought so.

Agreed on ultimate cap for USAgent. I'm not big on the shoulders, but he'd go great with my FaceOff Cap.

Hasbro made Guardian didn't they? I need to go back and grab that one. All this ML talk is reminding me of the 2-3 ones I really wanted and never, ever got.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby dayraven » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:10 pm

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
dayraven wrote:Thanks! I wasn't sure, but I thought so.

Agreed on ultimate cap for USAgent. I'm not big on the shoulders, but he'd go great with my FaceOff Cap.

Hasbro made Guardian didn't they? I need to go back and grab that one. All this ML talk is reminding me of the 2-3 ones I really wanted and never, ever got.

yup, he was part of the ares wave.

BTW, face-off cap, for example, dusting off that buck, i'd invest in the tooling for new gloved hands, partially to get slightly thicker wrists (which would require a slightly wider sheild cuff thing), but also to ditch the individual fingers which are as pointless on an asshole on my elbow.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby He-Mullet » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:24 am

dayraven wrote:
NoisyDvL5 wrote:
dayraven wrote:Thanks! I wasn't sure, but I thought so.

yup, he was part of the ares wave.

BTW, face-off cap, for example, dusting off that buck, i'd invest in the tooling for new gloved hands, partially to get slightly thicker wrists (which would require a slightly wider sheild cuff thing), but also to ditch the individual fingers which are as pointless on an asshole on my elbow.

dude, having Ultimate cap flipping the bird to Hasbro's Ultimate IM is so awesome! but yes I agree the indivdual finger articulation can be eliminated... Except on Spider-Man. I hate it when they only give him Shooting Web hands. He can't punch villains; he just pokes them in the eyes.
Logistics... The real reason behind Matty's fairytales. BTW I am a Power-Mullet
He-Mullet
Commander
Commander

Postby dayraven » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:18 am

i tell you though, w/ the improvement of the wrist pegs for the 2 pack and IM six inchers lately, i'd rather go w/ interchangle hands w/ fixed fingers than finger joints. like for spidey, punching fists, web slinging hands, and maybe "grip a camera" hands would be cool, but i don't like fingers joints on figs that small.

and like for cap, who traditionally fights w/ nothing but his shield, flexing hands kind of blow... 'cept in the scenario he-mullet just mentioned. [smile]

i would ask for sonic clap hands for a hulk, but we've yet to be offered one who could mimic the move anyways... so there's an opportunity for a new hulk that could lure me to the table yet again. but interchangable hands also fixes things for guys who can make things w/ their powers, like quasar, deathurge, klaw, light master, living laser, etc... we could create "objects" that plug into the wrist and would be interchangable across the guys, so they could release motuc style weapon pack repaints and give us a whole library of constructs for those type of guys.
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Re: The Return of Marvel Legends...

Postby dayraven » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 am

any one heard anything further on the supposed thor for SDCC? we're getting there, it seems like now is the time to start generating hype for SDC exclusives... soon as someone sees something, fire me a link please. [smile]
Prying open my third eye
dayraven
Captain Icon O'Clast
Captain Icon O'Clast

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:48 pm

The last I heard, it was Heroic Age Thor with a special lightning deco. So, presumably, a regular version is imminent.
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby NoisyDvL5 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Where are the MLs?!?!
NoisyDvL5
Admirastrator
Admirastrator

Postby TSR » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:21 am

?